Cat Pictures!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by LadyDi, Feb 18, 2015.

1. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      20230610_143926.jpg

20230201_154449.jpg

20230810_151844.jpg

My 3 cats.

Chester is the leader of the pack, like the Felix cat with black and white face.

Stanley is white with black ears, black tail and black spot on his back.

Charlie is the dark Chocolate tabby with white paws. I had him 2 days before our King was crowned so hence the name Charlie, after our King.

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 2
    2. SarahMLFlemmer

SarahMLFlemmer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/20/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accutane (withdrawl)
      71322800957__89306F22-4990-445A-B925-10BC51898CD4.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 3
      • Like Like x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      • Funny Funny x 1
    4. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      It has become a daily ritual, when I arrive downstairs in the morning, to quickly scan each room to see whether my cats have brought in a bird or mouse during the small hours and left it for dead on the floor. They do work in pairs although work solo too. It has started become a problem that I've been unable to solve, despite taking certain measures to prevent this from happening. Fitting the cats with a collar and bell to alert unsuspecting prey of their presence hasn't worked, as the cats are smart and found various ways of removing the collars so I have given up. Keeping them in during the night makes them cry continuously, howl and claw at the hall carpet.

Satisfied that all was well for there wasn't a dead bird or mouse in sight, I proceeded to check my emails. As I sat, the room was bathed in warm sunlight streaming through the window. Listening to soothing classical music on the radio was such a delight. I heard the cat flap opening slowly and knew it was Alfie. Although the cat flap is an extra large model, Alfie is by no means overweight, he just likes to take his time. Polly, by comparison has a smaller slender body, that enables her to slip through the cat flap quickly.

I observed Alfie drinking from the Miaustore cat water fountain which is located just outside my room door. It is ceramic and holds 3 litres of water and is fitted with a small pump, that enables water to cascade over 3 smaller ceramic tires, each having a platform and tiny spout for the cats to drink from. Pleased that Alfie hadn't brought in a bird or mouse, for it was still early morning I returned to my tasks.

After a few moments elapsed, I heard an almighty commotion coming from my Hi-Fi listening room and wondered what on earth it could be. Immediately I got up and made my way to the room and stood at the threshold watching in complete amazement. Alfie was flipping a dead bird across the floor and running alongside it full of excitement. His tail wagging furiously and back arched as he played with the bird, then suddenly pouncing on it and holding it with both front paws bringing it to a halt as if the thing were alive. As he sat motionless, looking warily from left to right, I quickly took a picture with my phone.

Alfie must have hid the bird somewhere in the room earlier, for that's the only reason I didn't spot it, I will have to look more keenly from now on. In the background, I have had to cover my acoustic wall panels, which are covered in material with anti-scratch plastic to try and prevent the cats from clawing at the material but alas, they still have a go.

My ProAc D28 speakers which are placed either side of my bay window, I have had to keep the covers on and only remove them when I'm listening to music, because one of the cats had put a large dent in the speaker cone. Fortunately, I was able to pull out the dent with suction from a hoover hose. If the speaker cone were damaged, I would have to return the entire box to ProAc which is not something I want to do as it weighs 26 kgs.

Michael

Alfie bird 3.jpg

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    5. BobbieJay-1954
      Sleepy

BobbieJay-1954 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      ~2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Meds
      D6751AC6-8879-4E62-B1AE-6FF8E6F8ADCA.jpeg

683200C7-A26D-4D3D-AF1B-515CBAF8A500.jpeg

E52BF2D9-B7E9-4D39-ACCE-9150C427D534.jpeg

My old trio :p

Last year our black cat passed away unexpectedly. He was 14 years old. My mom was devastated. Never met a cat more affectionate and needy than him. Hoping to get another third sometime before the end of this year.

The other two have gotten much closer as a result so I’m grateful for that. My white/grey one is actually a lot nicer to me now? Lol.

• Winner Winner x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Elmer B Fuddled

Elmer B Fuddled Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      plugged nasal eustachian tube
      I've found 2 new friends. These 2 garden figures are a project the Mrs has taken for friends. Has one completed and it went home.

20230827_151437.jpg

• Winner Winner x 2
    7. Elmer B Fuddled

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Absolutely beautiful cats.
      That's my bird, you ain't getting it until I've tossed it, mauled it, and have put my razor claws in.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    8. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      You're absolutely right @Elmer B Fuddled. Alfie is guarding the bird like his life depended on it.

• Like Like x 1
    9. RocketJSquirrel

RocketJSquirrel Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/1997
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Rock concert
      Many years ago, my cat nipper managed to neatly puncture the dome tweeter of one of my Thiel CS2.2 speakers right through the cloth grille. This made a subtle but audible difference. When I phoned Thiel, the representative was surprised a neat puncture would be audible. Fortunately, they sold me a tweeter which I was able to solder in myself rather than send back the 32 kg speaker.

• Like Like x 1
    10. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Nice to meet a fellow Audiophile. I used to read about Thiel speakers in Stereophile and other HI-FI magazines back in the day, and know they are quite high-end like ProAc. My brother is an electronics engineer, so if one of my cats did damage a speaker, I would first contact ProAc to see whether they would send me a replacement.

Michael

• Like Like x 1
    11. Elmer B Fuddled

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      20230309_100239.jpg

The rules to live by a cat:

1. When I want food, I want it now, no matter what you are doing.

2. Petting me is only allowed when I want to be petted, don't try it.

3. All creatures I bring in are mine, do not try to take them away. Or I shall cause you to bleed.

4. I will sleep when and where I want. Rule 3 applies, I will make you bleed if you wake me.

• Winner Winner x 3
    12. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      These cat rules are so true @Elmer B Fuddled, they made me smile. Well said!

13. Elmer B Fuddled

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Groucho wakes me before daylight wanting out. I get up, it's quite dark out, but she goes. After 20 minutes here she is sleeping.

20231006_074017.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    14. Elmer B Fuddled

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      20231012_174601.jpg

A bronze statue near the waterfront, a man holding a fish for a homeless cat.

Malta.

• Like Like x 1
    15. SamRosemary

SamRosemary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      IMG_8715.jpeg

IMG_7897.png

IMG_8326.jpeg

IMG_7758.jpeg

IMG_2709.jpeg

IMG_0616.jpeg

Sable. She always has to be on someone or touching us.