• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Chit Chat and All That...

What's everybody's doing? :asshat:
Trying to forget about the burning pain in my ears from being surrounded by people who don't give a shit, and have no idea what hyperacusis is. Honestly, I'm ready to give up these days. I don't feel very strong at all. :( Tinnitus is bad, but hyperacusis is a killer.

Trying to forget about the burning pain in my ears from being surrounded by people who don't give a shit, and have no idea what hyperacusis is. Honestly, I'm ready to give up these days. I don't feel very strong at all. :( Tinnitus is bad, but hyperacusis is a killer.
I'm sorry to hear that. I didn't know you had hyperacusis… maybe you mentioned it. How did you get it, initial trauma? Hope all is well :watching:

Eventually you get to the point where you stop getting angry at them and you realize that they are just ignorant. It's very hard to understand / sympathize with invisible illnesses that people have never experienced. If ENTs and Audiologists can't sympathize with us, the general public sure as hell won't.

It's not worth our energy to be angry. :dunno:

I'm sorry to hear that. I didn't know you had hyperacusis… maybe you mentioned it. How did you get it, initial trauma? Hope all is well :watching:
It just kinda happened along with developing tinnitus. I noticed a bit of pain here and there at the beginning, but didn't really understand what it was. It was only after reading other people's posts on here, that I realised it was a thing on its own.

So yeah, any sharp or loud sounds give me burning pain around and down the ear canal, and make my ears feel full and muffled - and the pain lasts for ages.

Yesterday a heavy wooden door was slammed next to my head, and now as well as pain, I have a lovely new chirping sound in the ear which was closest to the noise! Yay! :cry:

@aura, I am reading an article about another COVID-19 wave in Romania. There are a few graphs and charts with daily deaths and the incidence for every 100.000 people.

And what's surprising me it's... the data for Spain are different from the data reported internally in our country. The article is showing around 15 deaths per day in Spain and our internal statistics, reported daily, are showing consistent data of around 50 deaths per day...

So the article is trying to show that there are significantly more deaths in Eastern Europe because the vaccination rate is lower, and is comparing the daily deaths in Romania, Bulgaria, Latvia, Lithuania etc with cooked data for Spain and Western Europe.

It just kinda happened along with developing tinnitus. I noticed a bit of pain here and there at the beginning, but didn't really understand what it was. It was only after reading other people's posts on here, that I realised it was a thing on its own.

So yeah, any sharp or loud sounds give me burning pain around and down the ear canal, and make my ears feel full and muffled - and the pain lasts for ages.

Yesterday a heavy wooden door was slammed next to my head, and now as well as pain, I have a lovely new chirping sound in the ear which was closest to the noise! Yay! :cry:
It's boring, I know what that is!

But it will get better, we know it will, and this new chirping could be a spike.

I hope you have people with you to support you in this difficult time. We here do our best to support you, but whoever is by our side every day can give us true support!

Oh damn, I'm sorry, that's awful. Can steroids help in this case?

Oh damn, I'm sorry, that's awful. Can steroids help in this case?
The chirping sound always reappears after noise trauma - thankfully, it usually goes. I do have steroids to hand, but I won't take them unless I feel it's definitely an emergency.

Oh, and thanks for speaking to me @Wrfortiscue :love: it's nice to talk about it with someone who understands what we deal with on a daily basis.

Much love my chunky friend. :p X

The chirping sound always reappears after noise trauma - thankfully, it usually goes. I do have steroids to hand, but I won't take them unless I feel it's definitely an emergency.

Oh, and thanks for speaking to me @Wrfortiscue :love: it's nice to talk about it with someone who understands what we deal with on a daily basis.

Much love my chunky friend. :p X
No problem and glad this is something you can expect to dissipate. Always wish you the best :cool: :love:

As for chunky I'm slowly working on it to be sexy again. Lol.

@aura, I am reading an article about another COVID-19 wave in Romania. There are a few graphs and charts with daily deaths and the incidence for every 100.000 people.

And what's surprising me it's... the data for Spain are different from the data reported internally in our country. The article is showing around 15 deaths per day in Spain and our internal statistics, reported daily, are showing consistent data of around 50 deaths per day...

So the article is trying to show that there are significantly more deaths in Eastern Europe because the vaccination rate is lower, and is comparing the daily deaths in Romania, Bulgaria, Latvia, Lithuania etc with cooked data for Spain and Western Europe.
I don't know what to say about that article.

I can tell you that there are significantly more deaths in Romania.

Today was better, with "only" around 270 deaths in the last 24 hours.

For many days, weeks I think, we had around 500 COVID-19 deaths daily.

This is a morbid experiment of what happens when the vaccination rate is low and there aren't any kind of restrictions.

If you live in Romania, you have to watch your back everytime.

For me, it doesn't matter what happens in other countries, how much money big pharma is making, etc.

I care about my reality, here and now.

And it's not looking good at all.

It's simple for me.

If I don't trust the numbers, I'm asking my colleagues and friends who work in the ER and COVID-19 hospitals about what's happening.

I only get the same response: a lot of people are dying waiting to be treated.

It's dramatic.

There are old people dying and young people dying.

I know a lot of people that died of COVID-19 (friends, patients of mine, etc).

The main thing this people have in common is that they are unvaccinated. My colleagues tell me this ALL THE TIME.

There are also some vaccinated people that die, but very, very few (around 10 % of deaths) and they are very old or have severe comorbidities.

For me, that's all I need to know.

I had my first 2 doses in January and 3 weeks ago the booster. I could have postponed the booster maybe for a few weeks/months, but the situation here is dramatic and there's no way you could dodge the virus.

Of course, the fact that it was not likely for the virus to kill me was reassuring, but I don't want to get the virus AT ALL, at least not now, when I'm having all these issues with my ears. I'm dealing with a lot of problems now and this is the last thing I need.

I have friends that got sick (vaccinated 7-8 months ago) and the symptoms were nasty. None of them had respiratory problems, they didn't need oxygen, but they had terrible headaches, nausea, extreme fatigue, hair loss.

Me, all my close family members (except one aunt) and colleagues are vaccinated with 3 doses. A lot of my patients too. Except one person who had an anaphylactic shock, absolutely everybody I know is OK.

I did all I could to prevent getting the disease. Taking the vaccine and wearing proper protection.

I'm at peace with this. Whatever happens from now on, happens. I did what I had to do.

Sorry to hear that, sis.

I'm in trouble too.

But hey, I got a new pair of earmuffs and I'm not afraid to use them! :cool:
I know. My hyperacusis is bad too now.

You know, I think none of my friends understand what I'm going through either.
I heard that they are talking behind my back, saying that I am crazy/depressed and that I should take some antidepressants. Very sad.

Let's try to fight another round.
I think it will get better.
It always does, even if just for a short period of time.

IMAG0562~2.jpg

Played this with my daughter and forgot about my tinnitus :)

Me, all my close family members (except one aunt) and colleagues are vaccinated with 3 doses. A lot of my patients too. Except one person who had an anaphylactic shock, absolutely everybody I know is OK.
So is the booster jab offered to everyone in Romania, not only to people at high risk?

They offer everything to everyone, people just don't want it :)
Interesting. I think Bulgaria has the lowest vaccination rate in the EU, and Portugal has the highest.

And I was wondering if the vaccine has to be purchased in Bulgaria... a Bulgarian friend of mine said healthcare in general is private or has to be paid for.

My dad lives in Bulgaria. He said none of the people he knows wants the vaccine. Strong anti-vax feelings over there. My dad is also one of those people...
I have visited Bulgaria and in my opinion it is a lovely country. However, the inheritance of the Soviet Era includes a deep distrust of the government and government sponsored initiatives... like the vaccine.

Is it true that healthcare has to be paid for, that there is not even free emergency care?

Portugal has the highest vaccination rate in the EU.

What do you think about the upcoming January election?
I will say what will happen, the elections happen because the state budget was not accepted due to not getting a majority.

The entourage "PS" will win again, but again without an absolute majority, which will result in a second election, and we are going to go around like this.

The entourage "PS" will win again, but again without an absolute majority, which will result in a second election, and we are going to go around like this.
Anyway, Southern Europe is at the hands of central bankers and the countries from the North.

Spain has an unsustainable public debt and deficit. The COVID-19 has provoked an economic disaster here.

Interesting. I think Bulgaria has the lowest vaccination rate in the EU, and Portugal has the highest.

And I was wondering if the vaccine has to be purchased in Bulgaria... a Bulgarian friend of mine said healthcare in general is private or has to be paid for.
But we also have funny stories about vaccination.

Back in April-May, there was this hillbilly that tricked the system by having three Pfizer shots.

He said that after the second dose he felt very good and started to see and to hear better so he decided that he should get as many doses as possible :)

He was our hero :rockingbanana:

Anyway, Southern Europe is at the hands of central bankers and the countries from the North.

Spain has an unsustainable public debt and deficit. The COVID-19 has provoked an economic disaster here.
We up north would be happy to come save you guys :D

Even if you don't like us that much ;)

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now