• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Chit Chat and All That...

Anyway, if you put two and two together here, you'll come to the realisation that: my neighbour playing drill rap for hours each day and 20% of the residents in my building being drug dealers/users, is not unconnected.

View attachment 47640
I really hope your neighbors start taking responsibility and quit listening to drill rap (bass boosted) while eating crap from Deliveroo™, or otherwise yo home boys in the hood might end up like this;

deliveroo_crap.png

Look what I just found.

Study: One in seven people in the EU suffer from tinnitus (medicalxpress.com)

View attachment 47706

@Juan and @aura have single-handedly made Spain and Romania two of the worst places in Europe to be for severe tinnitus, alongside Greece and Bulgaria.

Good work guys.

( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)
This study is poorly done.

In Portugal the health resources used for tinnitus is 0%. As if there were health resources for tinnitus in any country.

This study is poorly done.

In Portugal the health resources used for tinnitus is 0%. As if there were health resources for tinnitus in any country.
It's actually not that bad.

At least it acknowledges our condition as an increasing problem, and is using the data to encourage further investment into research.
New research led by researchers from the University of Nottingham, has found that approximately 65 million adults in the EU suffer from tinnitus, and this figure will significantly rise over the next decade.
"We hope that this date can now be used to implement effective treatments and to encourage the appropriate stakeholders across the EU to look at how they can tackle this growing problem."
As far as the current "health resources" it mentions...
At present there is no cure or approved medications to treat tinnitus, but there are therapies available to help manage the condition and the very latest drug research is showing promise.
...you have to cut the authors some slack, as they can only work from information provided to them by hospitals, doctors, audiologists etc. and they'll take that information at face value. It's only us sufferers who know what a load of trash all the current "treatments" are.

But anyway, based on what we know from this study, you should be happy @PortugalTheMan, as your country is now the leading nation in Europe for TRT. :LOL:

I really hope your neighbors start taking responsibility and quit listening to drill rap (bass boosted) while eating crap from Deliveroo™, or otherwise yo home boys in the hood might end up like this;

View attachment 47721
This would never happen @Stacken77, I'm afraid.

They're too stupid for tinnitus... :woot:

@El BUZZ, I'm answering your post here since it's a long one and people don't like that in the photo thread.

@El BUZZ, sorry about your trip to the restaurant... :(

Let me guess, it was one of those tiny places filled with locals in all age groups discussing heavily while kids run around after bed time and the waiters bangs and steams that coffee machine 5 metres away? :)

You need to start going to those expensive boring tourist restaurants with no guests and old food ;)

I probably shouldn't have mentioned the blow to head cure since it might not be true. I only slept 2 hours last night and 5 hours the night before so bad judgement..

Anyways the story told by someone I know but originally from the internet:

A rough old Alaska man who had lived half his life with tinnitus was driving his snowmobile and had an accident where he hit his head hard :) He had to go to hospital to get stitches for his head, but his tinnitus stopped!

The other story unfortunately is my own.. After a very bad setback I was so frustrated in bed that I hit my forehead over my left eye. The left ear (my good ear that was starting to get infected from the bad ear) immediately became very loud. It stayed that way for 6-8 weeks before calming down.

I now have 3 permanent tinnitus tones in that ear, but I doubt the knock on the head did much difference long term (I had some short periods of silence a couple months later. Then out of the blue another year later, the 2 last tones arrived.)

Try to be super vigilant the next month or two, hopefully your ears calm down.

Hugs!

@GlennS, "Off Topic", I have to say I love your profile pic. I just recently discovered Archer and binged every season. I love how he is always complaining about his tinnitus. That show is hilarious.

That's pretty cool. I'd still guess there's quite a lot of bone conduction, and their heads are quite small, so it wouldn't be a long distance for the sound to travel. But then again, they're birds, so I guess they also have regenerative hearing, right?

You know that feeling you get, where you have a little ringing or buzzing in your ear...

BATTERIES

Video: Bizarre moment a man has a battery removed from his ear | Daily Mail Online

https://www.prevention.com/life/a20466865/ear-wax-removal-epic-fails/:
"If you get a battery stuck in your ear canal, you need to go right to the ER because the battery has acid in it, and it can it burn the ear canal skin," says Folbe.

https://hearinghealthmatters.org/hearinprivatepractice/2012/assault-and-bettery-in-the-ear-canal/:
A hearing aid battery in the ear canal is an otological emergency, not because of simple obstruction or skin growth surrounding the object. Cerumen has a high electrical conductivity that results in a low-voltage electrical current being created when it comes into contact with the battery, causing exudation of the tissue and fluids.
Yep.

How do you want your meatballs: boiled or fried? o_O
Okay, no meat eater here but up until know I didn't realise that boiling your meatballs actually was an option. But now that I know, I've finally figured out how IKEA manages to have all their meatballs look the same and not have a single one come out with a burnt or crispy side. Occam's Razor, I guess :)

Okay, no meat eater here but up until know I didn't realise that boiling your meatballs actually was an option. But now that I know, I've finally figured out how IKEA manages to have all their meatballs look the same and not have a single one come out with a burnt or crispy side. Occam's Razor, I guess :)
Lol haha, well, up until quite recently I didn't know it was an option either.

A classmate from college repeatedly suggested to boil meatballs and pasta in the same pot. Everyone, including myself, thought it was insane since; you simply don't boil meatballs: you fry them - end of discussion.

But one day I decided to give it a try, and... it wasn't that bad actually. Totally fine, and you don't have to use a frying pan in vain. I usually stew my pasta too, so I tried to stew everything in the same pot, and it was delicious.

So there's some context for y'all. :cool:

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now