• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Chit Chat and All That...

Went for a walk and bumped into a pair of Alpacas :wacky:

ela.jpg

One of them might have been @Loui.

View attachment 49062

I wonder if she was visiting England this week... (◔̯ ◔)
Haha. I KNEW it. If there was one person able to rustle up an alternate photo of an Alpaca on a tinnitus forum, it was always going to be you, D...

Gonna be back in that area walking on Saturday so shall keep an eye out for Loui. Hope she doesn't spit. Or is that Lamas???

Haha. I KNEW it. If there was one person able to rustle up an alternate photo of an Alpaca on a tinnitus forum, it was always going to be you, D...

Gonna be back in that area walking on Saturday so shall keep an eye out for Loui. Hope she doesn't spit. Or is that Lamas???
I know, right?

He's a f*ckin encyclopedia!

@makeyourownluck, I meant to say....

I think your partner's photos are amazing. If you do the shoot around the estate where he grew up it'd be great to see some of that work.

The photo he took of the dog reminded me of the work of an artist in America I was in touch with briefly a few years ago. His name's Armin Mersmann (https://www.arminmersmann.com)

I originally had a chat with Armin about his detailed graphite drawings. One of his recent ones here. Suder's Cat:

ca.jpg

It's his "iPhoneography" though that reminded me of your partner's work. I think he was gifted an iPhone and just made a point of going out every day and shooting something with it quick and easy. Although I have to say, I think he still got very impressive results. I guess it's all in the eye. Here's one from his "Skygrids" study:

im.jpg

I think your partner's photos are amazing. If you do the shoot around the estate where he grew up it'd be great to see some of that work.

The photo he took of the dog reminded me of the work of an artist in America I was in touch with briefly a few years ago. His name's Armin Mersmann (https://www.arminmersmann.com)

I originally had a chat with Armin about his detailed graphite drawings. One of his recent ones here. Suder's Cat:

View attachment 49066

It's his "iPhoneography" though that reminded me of your partner's work. I think he was gifted an iPhone and just made a point of going out every day and shooting something with it quick and easy. Although I have to say, I think he still got very impressive results. I guess it's all in the eye. Here's one from his "Skygrids" study:

View attachment 49067
Aww that's very kind of you. Although, can't give him all the credit... the dog photo was taken by me :p

We do have a very similar style though, and you can only really tell us apart by the subject matter. I like to take pictures of natural things, while he prefers capturing people, buildings and infrastructure. Almost all of his film is good enough to be developed though, whereas only about half of mine are worthy of it. I have a click and pray approach.

Funnily enough, my partner has a picture of train lines which is very similar to the skylines photo above! I will try fish some of his stuff out, it is very good, one of my biggest inspirations.

I will look at more of Armin's work in the morning, his drawing is very impressive. Graphite is not the easiest medium, I find it tends to get a bit smudged and messy.

View attachment 49066

View attachment 49067
One thing for certain, a genius at it. Amazing pictures, thank you.

Stay safe my UK people! We have a red warning for wind today. It's currently at 70mph where I am. And is supposed to reach 82mph in an hour or so. :confused:

My work has been cancelled. We have been told not to try and come in...

Hey @UKBloke, this is my partner's style. I can't find the ones he has done on the council estate. He took them 5 years ago and we've moved house 3 times since then! Hopefully they are not lost for good. I have found the one of the train lines though! Here:

4AA30D27-3074-47AC-8093-13C33572C112.jpeg

This is another..

AEA71F8C-5FE8-4CC6-AD44-EEEBA69BC100.jpeg

Black and white photos are so beautiful. They can make even the most normal things look and feel eerie. You have really encouraged me to take up photography again, so thank you. I will report back with more photos in a month or so!

Stay safe my UK people! We have a red warning for wind today. It's currently at 70mph where I am. And is supposed to reach 82mph in an hour or so. :confused:

In the middle of London???

Sure you're not on a tropical island :)

Same here. Ireland getting strong winds with snow. I can tell when it's really bad out. I open the door for the cat to go do her morning thing, she turns around at the door and looks up as if to say, "are you fucking crazy, I ain't going out, you go, I watch from here."

It's awesome! We've just lost power! Reminds me of being young when power cuts used to happen all the time. My sister is gunna have a lot of work these next few weeks.
I love a good storm.
Yeah it's been a good one.

Project Name.gif

Someone needs to tell the second guy that stop, drop and roll doesn't work for gale force winds.

This might be an unpopular opinion - as well as being completely random, but the English are such an ugly looking bunch (myself included).

We're this overweight/lanky, pasty looking bunch of potatoes.

Out of all the nationalities, we drew the fu*king short straw lol.

This might be an unpopular opinion - as well as being completely random, but the English are such an ugly looking bunch (myself included).

Eh?

LOL @Steph1710, I LOVE you :ROFL:

You're kinda right. :D :D

Well not you, you really are a beautiful one, and I MEAN IT :rolleyes:

Have you been to an American Walmart?

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now