• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Chit Chat and All That...

But what I wanna know is, why the hell do other languages have masculine and feminine words?
I think @Damocles could help us with this one.
Yeah, no one really knows.

But all the major European languages are derived from Latin, so I believe it would have had something to do with what were considered to be the traditional roles of Men and Women centuries ago, with some words/concepts probably being determined by the genders of certain Gods and Goddesses in old western mythology (especially Greek).

For example, morte may be feminine because of death's association with the Goddess Nyx.

Also,

In Romanian, a broom is likely feminine because a woman should be sweeping, and a rose masculine because that is what a man should be plucking to give to his Romanian sweetheart; who he will then marry and put in a kitchen with a broom.
Just to make things more complicated I guess :D
Also that ▲. In fact, probably mainly that.

In Romanian, a broom is likely feminine because a woman should be sweeping, and a rose masculine because that is what a man should be plucking to give to his Romanian sweetheart; who he will then marry and put in a kitchen with a broom.
Keep saying romantic things and we are gonna end up like this:

Screenshot_20220221-140549~2.png

East Europe Music video 1990 :D
I meant to reply yesterday when you said if I enjoyed by job, then I shouldn't leave... well, about that.

Firstly, the museum will close for two years starting this August as the first stage of a major regeneration project, and I don't want to work at home for so long.

Secondly, I'm kinda bored being there. It's not strictly what I trained to be, and now because the museum is planning on closing, instead of conservation, I've become a removals woman - packing away objects everyday and sorting out shelving. *yawn*

Thirdly, I want time to finish my MA, and some independent projects I have in mind. Working full time, I can't do that. So, perhaps a part-time role would be better.

Fourthly, I really want to focus on my health again. I'm unhappy with how I look, and more importantly, I feel like crap most of the time. :depressed:

So, all things considered, I have decided that to move on to the next stage of my life, I need to change things up a bit.

However, I had an interview offer come through today, for a 20-25 hour a week role, in which I would be doing conservation work for a museum, as well as working as a project assistant for heritage work based around an old friary near the museum.

So, those working those hours might allow me more flexibility. :)

So, you're aware of how the rest of the world imagines Eastern Europe to be. :LOL:
Of course I am, I'm one of them. :D Estonians think (or want to think) that they belong to a rich and fancy Scandinavian/North European house but believe me, everybody (including ordinary Estonians) knows that they don't. So our politicians cry and cry and cry and blame Russia for everything. And we (most of ordinary people, Russians and Estonians) just laugh and laugh and laugh and continue surviving. Yep, we grind this shitty life. :cat:

Of course I am, I'm one of them. :D Estonians think (or want to think) that they belong to a rich and fancy Scandinavian/North European house but believe me, everybody (including ordinary Estonians) knows that they don't. So our politicians cry and cry and cry and blame Russia for everything. And we (most of ordinary people, Russians and Estonians) just laugh and laugh and laugh and continue surviving. Yep, we grind this shitty life. :cat:
Well thanks for explaining your country to me. :ROFL: Still can't wait to visit some day. Once my dad hurry's up and moves to Bulgaria permanently, then I shall be driving a lot around the east of Europe.

At the very least you had some tinnitus recovery :)

Good call not leaving house without those old headphones.

Guys, I'm very depressed tonight...

Is there any chance of having some life quality again...?

Send me lots of hugs please... :)

Got to start getting some sunlight, I'm serious... Rooting for you bro.
Easier said than done.

Not such thing as a peaceful place in this country when the sun is up.

That's because we used to work and have 260 days with rain. Not even a joke...

Today was sunny so I decided to NOT go for a walk since the people only frustrates me. Still 5 degrees so not really a big loss.

Late to the party. Some thoughts.

I missed out on the dashing + handsome @UKBloke profile pic. :(

@Steph1710, stunning pics.

@Damocles, you know what they say about guys with big hands, right?

@aura, girls with short hair = underrated.

@Exit, we are counting down the days until your reveal. Only a matter of time.

Shoutout to my comrade, @Wrfortiscue.

Easier said than done.

Not such thing as a peaceful place in this country when the sun is up.

That's because we used to work and have 260 days with rain. Not even a joke...

Today was sunny so I decided to NOT go for a walk since the people only frustrates me. Still 5 degrees so not really a big loss.
Wow that's nuts lol :(

Late to the party. Some thoughts.

I missed out on the dashing + handsome @UKBloke profile pic. :(

@Steph1710, stunning pics.

@Damocles, you know what they say about guys with big hands, right?

@aura, girls with short hair = underrated.

@Exit, we are counting down the days until your reveal. Only a matter of time.

Shoutout to my comrade, @Wrfortiscue.
Hey man, how's life treating you?

Hey man, how's life treating you?
Thanks for asking. It's interesting to say the least. I sometimes wonder about my future. If I'm going to get married, have kids, have a better career path, but I try not to dwell on it. I take things one day at a time now and have become somewhat humble. I missed out on a job offering recently. Still looking for one that has better benefits than my previous one.

As for the ear stuff, I think I'm like you... applying acceptance to our predicament. Accept it and try to keep yourself busy as much as possible. Something is definitely working there. The less fucks given to it, the better off I am (pardon my language). It's easier said than done of course, but I've had some good stretches even on bad days. My tinnitus is variable AF and it's kinda tricky to get use to. If I compare my sound sensitivity now to what it was back in August, it's a miraculous turnaround, so I'm happy with that.

I'm coming to terms with some lifestyle changes that need to made to accommodate my ears somewhat. No headphones ever, ear protection when I'm outside, ordering take-out food more instead of dining out. I canceled my gym membership, it was a noisy gym, but more importantly... I realized I can cut my expenses greatly since I'm mainly into calisthenics anyways. All my workouts can easily be achieved in the house. I'm rekindling my love for video games. I pulled off a 12 hour gaming a session the other day which is something I haven't done since my early 20s.

It's a long journey ahead and I'm still learning as I go.

Appreciate you.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now