• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Chit Chat and All That...

No, I did not get vaccinated.

I asked because what I see around me here in Spain is really random... among close friends and acquaintances some people had a very bad time with COVID-19 after getting vaccinated. Others were ok despite they did not get the vaccine. Others died, before the vaccine appeared. Others spent time at the ICU but recovered (pre-vaccine times).
Are you purposely summoning Damocles haha.

So, Rob just this minute smashed a glass on the worktop whilst I was standing right there. There is no hope for my ears at the moment. I give up. :( And no. I wasn't wearing any protection. I managed to cook dinner and wash up without an issue, then within five minutes of him entering the kitchen, my ear are subjected to noise and pain...

So, Rob just this minute smashed a glass on the worktop whilst I was standing right there. There is no hope for my ears at the moment. I give up. :( And no. I wasn't wearing any protection. I managed to cook dinner and wash up without an issue, then within five minutes of him entering the kitchen, my ear are subjected to noise and pain...
I'm sorry Steph. This is our life.

As I said before, no matter how hard we try, things like this will always happen.

I dropped my phone on the floor yesterday. My phone survived but my ears almost didn't make it.

It's so frustrating that small accidents have such a big impact on us...

summoning jutsu.gif

Someone called me?

Kick him in the nuts every time he has an accident!

That will teach him...

By the way, did you get vaccinated?
She had 3 shots, and apparently COVID-19 3 times :D

Did you take any Juan? :)
No, I did not get vaccinated.

I asked because what I see around me here in Spain is really random... among close friends and acquaintances some people had a very bad time with COVID-19 after getting vaccinated. Others were ok despite they did not get the vaccine. Others died, before the vaccine appeared. Others spent time at the ICU but recovered (pre-vaccine times).
Eh, I mostly avoid this subject now, because it was never my intention to become "the (anti) vax/vaccine guy" here, or in the IRL world.

It was just that virology was one of my favourite branches of science when I was at school.

I for real used to read the sections on viruses and bacteria in my school textbooks for fun while the other boys were playing football (not American, and definitely not "soccer") at breaktimes. So when the novel coronavirus was announced (2 years ago) it took my (nostalgic) interest, and I couldn't help but weigh in with my opinion.

But it feels like a dead subject now, so I've moved on, and so should all of you (at least until China, Bill Gates and co, "accidentally" release another more deadly virus << video can no longer be found on YouTube :rolleyes:).

But for what it's worth, yes. Two people I know have ended up in hospital between 2020 and 2022.

One was a colleague of my father's, who developed heart arrhythmias a couple days after his second shot.

The other was a family member, who almost died after he became severely ill with pneumonia and sepsis after his third shot.

Both these people were healthy. In fact, the family member in question was a fitness freak.

Lastly, another family member of mine, since having their two shots, now has an obscenely low white blood cell count.

There's nothing to say these aren't all just coincidences and wouldn't have occurred naturally, but I'm sure as f*ck pleased I didn't accept a COVID-19 jab.

We need a pissed emoji to click.

So, whether it's having my "buttons pushed" on the Tinnitus Talk adult playground, or just being baited into attempting a new photoshop challenge; I like to deliver.

Thus:

photoshop.PNG

photoshop2.PNG

wrfauratiscue.jpg

Wrfauratiscue.

Eh, I mostly avoid this subject now, because it was never my intention to become "the (anti) vax/vaccine guy" here, or in the IRL world.

It was just that virology was one of my favourite branches of science when I was at school.

I for real used to read the sections on viruses and bacteria in my school textbooks for fun while the other boys were playing football (not American, and definitely not "soccer") at breaktimes. So when the novel coronavirus was announced (2 years ago) it took my (nostalgic) interest, and I couldn't help but weigh in with my opinion.

But it feels like a dead subject now, so I've moved on, and so should all of you (at least until China, Bill Gates and co, "accidentally" release another more deadly virus << video can no longer be found on YouTube :rolleyes:).

But for what it's worth, yes. Two people I know have ended up in hospital between 2020 and 2022.

One was a colleague of my father's, who developed heart arrhythmias a couple days after his second shot.

The other was a family member, who almost died after he became severely ill with pneumonia and sepsis after his third shot.

Both these people were healthy. In fact, the family member in question was a fitness freak.

Lastly, another family member of mine, since having their two shots, now has an obscenely low white blood cell count.

There's nothing to say these aren't all just coincidences and wouldn't have occurred naturally, but I'm sure as f*ck pleased I didn't accept a COVID-19 jab.
Nah people need to be made aware. Too many folks just brushing it off and yet... many injuries...

Ok I'm done.

So, whether it's having my "buttons pushed" on the Tinnitus Talk adult playground, or just being baited into attempting a new photoshop challenge; I like to deliver.

Thus:

View attachment 50017

View attachment 50018

View attachment 50020

Wrfauratiscue.
Wow... It's even worse than the Ferrero Rocher one and that's something!

The facial expression, the fat arms, the saggy tits... I f*cking love it! :LOL:

@Damocles, you are living prof that great art comes from great pain! :)

a buddy of mine is doing better with noise exposure
For real @Wrfortiscue; that buddy is me.

Had I not taken the plunge and learnt to tolerate moderate sound inside my apartment, I would have died as a result of catastrophic tinnitus eventually; due to the impending severe ear infection that was headed my way because of overuse of hearing protection.

But clanking/smashing plates, and throwing forks onto hardwood/tile floors just isn't it.

That "therapist" is utterly insane, and completely out of their depth where helping hyperacusis sufferers is concerned.

I'll be blunt and share my unpopular/pessimistic view here: that not very many of us will ever be able to handle sounds like that again.

Perhaps if you're young and/or had mild hyperacusis to start with. But outside of those categories, I would suggest avoiding those types of noises, until the day a tangible treatment becomes available.

Of course I'm open to being proven wrong. I've seen some users here take bigger risks than me, and reap greater results for it, but then I've never been much of gambler, and I'm alright with where I'm at.

@aura @Damocles @Exit @Wrfortiscue
I'm sorry Steph. This is our life.

As I said before, no matter how hard we try, things like this will always happen.

I dropped my phone on the floor yesterday. My phone survived but my ears almost didn't make it.

It's so frustrating that small accidents have such a big impact on us...
I just get so frustrated because I managed to cook a whole dinner and wash up in peace and quiet. Rob comes home and after five minutes manages to smash a glass and then starts loudly chopping a pineapple! I mean a fucking pineapple! Who randomly decides to eat a whole pineapple at 10:00pm. Talk about acid reflux!

I think I'm going to have to wear protection constantly for a while, until my tinnitus and hyperacusis settles a bit.

How are you ears after dropping your phone? That's incredibly frustrating too. It's the little things that before we would have never have even thought about.

I'll be blunt and share my unpopular/pessimistic view here: that not very many of us will ever be able to handle sounds like that again.
I agree. I've had tinnitus for two years now. Slowly over those two years, different levels of noise exposure such as plates smashing, car doors slammed etc. have led me to develop hyperacusis. The more loud sounds I have been exposed to, the worse my ears have become.

Managed to have a damn good sleep last night. I was so exhausted from having zero sleep the night before.
This is the best I've had in ages. It's extremely rare I even manage 6 1/2 hours, so 8 hours is amazing!
6EF66030-C576-4104-B3EE-7A1D8D1A787C.png

Have you forgotten? Correlation is not causation?

I personally know a worrying number of people who've gotten seriously ill after having jabs. The second one mainly. I could go on but won't.

Anyhow, what do I know? I'm just confirmation-biased, conspiracy-theorising, COVID-19-denying, anti-vaxxer scum.

(But I do enjoy the ocassional Ferrero Rocher)

Haha! You are a funny one, @Wrfortiscue! Very easy-going, especially when it comes to jokes! ;)

Did I say fat arms?
I meant big, strong, muscular arms! :love:

And our love child looks pretty cool too! :cool:

We have my face, we have your body... Now the question is who's claiming the tits?

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now