• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Chit Chat and All That...

@UKBloke, @aura, @Wrfortiscue, @Exit, @Damocles, @Juan:

Thanks guys. It so nice to read messages of support. I am really struggling right now. I'm sure you're all too aware of how uncomfortable one can feel in one's own body. That's how I am right now.

So, hospital *cough cough* NHS were as useless as I expected them to be. They told me I have a breathing pattern disorder and I'm not using my diaphragm properly and that's why I can't breath. So basically I woke up two days ago and suddenly forgot how to breath - absolutely nothing to do with the fact I've had COVID-19 the past 13 days LOL.

Bear in mind, they said exactly the same thing last time I went in hospital with breathing problems after I caught COVID-19 in 2020. Told me it was nothing to do with the virus and I just wasn't using my chest properly. Anyway, magically, after 7 months, I must of remembered how to breath again because my lungs were fine - pretty much back to normal. Unfortunately, COVID-19 has fucked them again. But the hospital has told me the same laughable reason. I even showed the photos of the terrible leg swelling I have when my lungs feel really tight. They said, oh that strange... try having some chest physio... AHHHH! Anyone knows leg swelling is linked to lung and heart problems. I honestly despair.

I guess I'll just have to ride it out like I did last time. So, here's to a good half a year of breathing difficulties. (n) Thanks NHS, keep up the good work. (y)
It's amazing you have made it all these years without breathing. Hopefully it heals up quickly.

@aura :)

2A9F6132-6EE6-4CFE-8164-EBC03BE31688.jpeg

Haha! Yeah. I did say that to the doctor. Don't worry, in a few months I'll remember how to again... *sigh*
I had a lot of trouble with breathing and coughing after I had COVID-19. I had to go back on Prednisone, though it didn't completely get me back to normal. It did all eventually settle though. I'm assuming they did X-rays and checked for pneumonia and everything?

Right, my wonderful internet buddies, I need some advice.

So, my new job, well, I hate it. LOL! I feel like it was completely mis-sold to me.

Firstly, it was supposed to be part-time (that's what appealed to me) but, they are already asking me to work five days a week.

Secondly, I presumed the job was going to be outdoors in nature and working on different art/conservation projects. But, turns out I'm just sitting in a little museum 3/4 days a week, serving customers in the gift shop - like wtf! Totally not what I applied for. I'm waaay beyond that sort of museum work. I'm a conservator! Not retail staff!

So guys, what do I do? Shall I leave? I've only been there a few weeks. I wanted to have spare time to get fit and work on my general health. I can already see that being there is going to get in the way. I just don't know what to do.

Please help!

So, my new job, well, I hate it. LOL! I feel like it was completely mis-sold to me.

Firstly, it was supposed to be part-time (that's what appealed to me) but, they are already asking me to work five days a week.

Secondly, I presumed the job was going to be outdoors in nature and working on different art/conservation projects. But, turns out I'm just sitting in a little museum 3/4 days a week, serving customers in the gift shop - like wtf! Totally not what I applied for. I'm waaay beyond that sort of museum work. I'm a conservator! Not retail staff!

So guys, what do I do? Shall I leave? I've only been there a few weeks. I wanted to have spare time to get fit and work on my general health. I can already see that being there is going to get in the way. I just don't know what to do.

Please help!
Looks like your focus is your health. If you hate your job that's only detrimental to well... your health. I say if you can afford it, just quit, but otherwise start applying again. The longer you put it off, the longer you get comfortable being there.

Please help!
Steph.

You are overqualified for this job. You are not happy with it.

I think you should try something else.

Steph.

You are overqualified for this job. You are not happy with it.

I think you should try something else.
Thanks @aura.

I have emailed and told the manager that I don't think I can commit to the hours/days they are expecting me to work. I have asked to speak to her tomorrow to discuss matters.

I have blamed it more on not having the time rather than not liking the job. I didn't want to upset her because she is really nice.

Looks like your focus is your health. If you hate your job that's only detrimental to well... your health. I say if you can afford it, just quit, but otherwise start applying again. The longer you put it off, the longer you get comfortable being there.
Thanks @Wrfortiscue.

You are right. This is already impacting my health because I'm stressed about all the hours I wasn't expecting to work. I think my wellbeing has to come first at the moment. I'm not doing very good health wise and this is making me worse.

If it were me at this point, I'd take these matters you've raised above to the person that offered you the job. If they address them and things change that would be a good result. If they can't address them though, or are not willing to then I think they really only leave you with one option if you're not willing to accept the current status quo. That option would be to make a quick exit. Have a chat with them first.

How did you afford those??? Very expensive. But great headphones!!!
I would sell a kidney to be able to stay in the car for more than 30-40 minutes. That low frequency sound is killing me.

But when I tried them on... WOW. They are almost too good to be true.

Being able to leave this town every once in a while and actually have a life... :rolleyes:

They are not that expensive after all. You know what's expensive? Tomatoes.

Almost 10 € for 1 kg? :eek: I was so shocked and slowly walked away with my extravagant earmuffs on :LOL:

I would sell a kidney to be able to stay in the car for more than 30-40 minutes. That low frequency sound is killing me.

But when I tried them on... WOW. They are almost too good to be true.

Being able to leave this town every once in a while and actually have a life... :rolleyes:

They are not that expensive after all. You know what's expensive? Tomatoes.

Almost 10 € for 1 kg? :eek: I was so shocked and slowly walked away with my extravagant earmuffs on :LOL:
Hey aura, are those noise canceling? Do you listen to sound with them? Which model are they?

Hey aura, are those noise canceling? Do you listen to sound with them? Which model are they?
Yes, they are noise-cancelling earmuffs. Sony WH1000XM4.

"They are ineffective at high pitch noises and sudden transient noises but are effective for low frequencies like noise from engines, generators, appliances, etc".

The problem is that I feel much better with them than with my Peltors and I am tempted to use them outdoors. But in case of a sudden loud sound... they wouldn't offer much protection.

I might have to check them out. Since I was 18 my jobs have consisted of driving some kind of semi. Now I can't even drive a car.
I don't think it's very safe to drive with them on.

On the other hand... hanging out the passenger side of your best friend's ride, as TLC would say... it's another story! :p

How did you afford those??? Very expensive. But great headphones!!!
Isn't she a rich Romanian doctor? :pompous:

Maybe without the moustache... but those "smileys" do not seem very doctor-ish...

By the way, the smileys here are fantastic! Creative...

Yes, they are noise-cancelling earmuffs. Sony WH1000XM4.

"They are ineffective at high pitch noises and sudden transient noises but are effective for low frequencies like noise from engines, generators, appliances, etc".

The problem is that I feel much better with them than with my Peltors and I am tempted to use them outdoors. But in case of a sudden loud sound... they wouldn't offer much protection.
Maybeeeeee you can find a pair of noise-cancelling earphones and place the earmuffs over them. I'm not sure how well it would work. I know it does not work with Apple AirPods Pro's as I have tried. The earmuffs brush the microphone on the AirPods and creates a very nasty sound. But the shape of AirPods are weird.

Or go the opposite - wear earplugs under the noise-cancelling headphones.

You know what's expensive? Tomatoes.

You're joking right? 10 euros for a kg of tomatoes??? I tried not to rant about Christine Lagarde on this thread (just today) but it's tempting :censored: :cautious:

In Spain an average extra virgin olive oil (1 litre) is over 4.70 euros now (supermarket brand) and brands are selling it for like 7 euros per 1 litre... and this is not top quality. For us this is outrageous :nailbiting: :banghead:

Listen to your body. Health is the most important.

Did you like your previous job? Can you go back there?

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now