• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Chit Chat and All That...

Well I just need to say there's 2 sides of every story.

Pointing index fingers at each other is my very least favourite thing on the forum.

And if you do it because you're "going through hell" than you should realise that other person most likely goes through just the same, and let it slide yourself.
If there was a dislike button I'd be smashing it right now. Quote someone else in future.

And what about stupid pineapple eating Rob "Living the best days of our life" with little Miss Chubby...?
You my friend, are a legend! :ROFL: I wish I knew you in real life. Shame your ears are fucked. The world deserves you to be out and about upsetting and insulting as many poor victims as you can.

So, I left this thread for like 5 hours, and I'm sitting here reading them all now -
and boy! SHIT HIT THE FAN!

It's only right that I place this meme here.

5E8200EB-22F7-4B61-AF34-53E2ABB4F171.jpeg

I shouldn't have laughed at this... but I did. :ROFL: Don't worry, Rob is still smashing glasses on to the marble counter top at ours. My right ear is sore as fuck! (y)
Yeah I'm now looking at lower dB to wear around my son... and will allow sound enrichment during the day when I work from home. He has caused 95% of my setbacks :O

Yeah I'm now looking at lower dB to wear around my son... and will allow sound enrichment during the day when I work from home. He has caused 95% of my setbacks :O
I need to start doing this around Rob. He not even a child and I can't seem to drill into him how much pain and damage he is doing to my ears.

I read all these posts lately, I'd call it mud slinging at each other. On top of that I've got a damn cold which makes the tinnitus go mad, so it's hot whiskey honey and lemon, at least 8 of them or the honey is gone, then by damn straight glasses of Jameson.

No, it's just that I didn't understand what he wanted to say. When I don't understand something I prefer to ask for more information rather than jump to wrong conclusions.
Fair enough. I thought his message was quite clear. Stop pointing fingers at each other, I don't like the arguing, everyone is in the same hell so give each-other a break. Didn't really feel like it left much to the imagination personally. All good points, but don't appreciate the 'direct quote'. Many people arguing, why single out the one who isn't in the 'gang'.

Anyway, I didn't really expect a full blown altercation just for pointing out someone's post was offensive, actually thought they would look back and think, yes, I can see why she thought that. How naive!

I read all these posts lately, I'd call it mud slinging at each other. On top of that I've got a damn cold which makes the tinnitus go mad, so it's hot whiskey honey and lemon, at least 8 of them or the honey is gone, then by damn straight glasses of Jameson.
Oooh hot toddy! I like to add black tea or apple cider tea, along with a cinnamon stick to mine.

@makeyourownluck, you pick one sentence out of a very long post, you clearly should be able to see that @Damocles was agitated.

Yet you had to read a lot of stuff into that sentence.

That's a personal attack. Unlike @aura who just told him to stop with the vax talk. Also I bet you've had run ups with him before so no wonder he blew up!

Go stick your finger where the sun don't shine!

@makeyourownluck, you pick one sentence out of a very long post, you clearly should be able to see that @Damocles was agitated.

Yet you had to read a lot of stuff into that sentence.

That's a personal attack. Unlike @aura who just told him to stop with the vax talk. Also I bet you've had run ups with him before so no wonder he blew up!

I really wanted to let this go, and I f**king tried, but you literally just told me to stick a finger up my ass lol! That's takes the patience of a saint. Ridiculous.

If you look at my original post, it wasn't just one sentence I had an issue with, it was 3 paragraphs. I have never had any type of 'run up' with Damocles, in fact, quite the opposite. I have seen him offend several people on the forum, but I always thought it was just him being passionate about what he was saying. I now believe that the people he offended judged him correctly and I was wrong.

AB4B0599-4B7E-4F86-BBA6-8BDAE95D7861.png

I just genuinely had an issue with him using a group of struggling people to prove a point. The people in that thread helped me when I was in a really dark place. His lack of empathy for them upset me. I don't care how agitated he was, it was a shitty thing to say. He could of just acknowledged that and moved on, but instead he decided to defend the indefensible.

You can say one was a personal attack, and the other wasn't, but really, it was just 2 different people disagreeing with certain things that he had said, there's no difference (apart from me not being your 'bunny').

So I will be keeping my finger firmly out of my ass, unless I decide I would like to put it there, which of course, is entirely my own business. As is where you put your fingers.

I now have to figure out how to block you so I can spare these poor people from my replies. I really don't see why you couldn't just mind your own business, like everyone else here has. We are not children, you don't need to pick a 'side'. I'm sure Damocles is capable of defending himself.

Bloody hell! Guys chill! How did this all get so nasty.

I feel like @makeyourownluck is getting a hard time here. The post did read offensively at a first glance. I mean I personally couldn't care less whether people think I'm intelligent or not (because I am *cough cough*) BUT, I understand if others are upset by the statement.
Now, now @Exit play nice or Stephie will have to come tell you off by crushing you under my immense weight. :sneaky:

You all better watch out or I'll get Amber Turd to come and abuse you.

9A3A9DB1-12FB-4546-86FD-B00789646DF8.jpeg

Matt, has your chirp or hyperacusis settled down at all since getting COVID-19?
Hey @Steph1710, let's just say it: we are freaking frustrated and fed up. It's impossible to live a life without these kind of "mishaps" such as your partner dropping glass, or someone slamming the locker at the gym... just happened 15 minutes ago.

I apologize for not following your story to well - have you always had hyperacusis or is this a recent onset? I know we corresponded back in March before I took a trip to California and you seemed in good spirits then.

To answer your question: My loudness hyperacusis actually is abating (again) similar to how it did back in the early fall of 2021. Although my frustration with someone slamming a gym locker right by my ear is palpable, weirdly enough it just seemed sort of loud, as opposed to a gunshot going off right by my ear. In fact, the last 5 minutes of my bike ride at the gym I took off my ANC headphones to see if I could handle the gym noise. Guess what? No increased tinnitus, and no noxacusis. Reactive tinnitus yes, but hardly noticeable.

Noxacusis seems to really only be noticeable and frustrating when it pertains to my own voice, and other people's voices. I was at an outside get together last weekend at my apartment, and being outside with 20-25 people was really overwhelming. I'm definitely not even close to out of the woods if this is the case. However, I am pleased to see some of the progress I am making. I played light music all day on my speakers at home while I was working. No loudness hyperacusis, or noxacusis, but reactive tinnitus is ever present.

So Steph, here's the scoop with my chirp: as said previously, I'm starting to have an equal balance of good and bad days. Chirp is reactive - my second reactive tone. Chirp really is intensified with white noise, but that's really it. A/C and ventilation seem to be the biggest triggers. My other reactive tinnitus, the pure tonal tinnitus I've had my whole life, is just in my bad (right) ear. Chirp is also only in my right ear.

This is where I my story may not resonate with you: Anytime I add a new tone, it's going to stay. Original head tinnitus in '98, glass bowl in '17, jet engine in '21, and now chirp in '22 are here to stay in my case. The good news about this though, the only one that's really perceptible, outside of the new chirp, is my head tinnitus. Glass bowl and jet engine are basically 0.5/10 now. Those two at onset were heard in most environments until time slowly pushed them out of my perception and essentially my consciousness. I can hear them if I really try hard to find them, but it's obviously not something I look for lol.

With that being said, please take my case with a grain of salt. I quite frankly have never plugged for a prolonged period of time, and do not protect in my house ever. Maybe this is why I'm getting worse? Who knows, but I just don't care for earplugs unless I know I'm somewhere truly loud. I may catch some flak for this, but my loudness hyperacusis would never go away if I plugged anywhere my ears/mind thought it was loud.

In summation, if I can get to a point where basic human on human interaction is not uncomfortable and painful, I will be extremely grateful. This is the goal I am striving for, and hope to one day in the future get there.

Hugs back at you my friend.

Hi @Elmer B Fuddled, I hope you're keeping well and enjoying your nature walks. Looks like you settled in a beautiful place.

Hope all my fellow tinnitus sufferers here are keeping well too!

I just wanted to let you know that my dear old grandmother, Granny, used to have a tall glass of Jamerson everyday at 4 o'clock. That's what she called Tea time. She was a real character, I was lucky to have spent so much of my childhood with her. Every time you bring up Jamerson I am reminded of my Gran, in a nice way. A fellow Jamerson enthusiast!

See yah when I see you.

Take care,
Daniel

Hi @Elmer B Fuddled, I hope you're keeping well and enjoying your nature walks. Looks like you settled in a beautiful place.

Hope all my fellow tinnitus sufferers here are keeping well too!

I just wanted to let you know that my dear old grandmother, Granny, used to have a tall glass of Jamerson everyday at 4 o'clock. That's what she called Tea time. She was a real character, I was lucky to have spent so much of my childhood with her. Every time you bring up Jamerson I am reminded of my Gran, in a nice way. A fellow Jamerson enthusiast!

See yah when I see you.

Take care,
Daniel
Granny's know best, a glass of whiskey is good for the heart. My aunt used to make her own wine, and she had a couple of glasses a night. One summer she whipped up a batch of dandelion wine. Jaysus it was like 100 proof white lightning, you could feel it burning down your throat.

She taught me how to make wine, but I couldn't get it like hers.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now