• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Chit Chat and All That...

Coming into this thread after a few days absence be like:

giphy (3).gif

Woww... I am trying to listen to Bill Evans and it sounds awful. How's this possible? How come I only hear the piano tones, and it is like a mono-tone... and not the other layers of music?

My hearing is going down the drain.

Woww... I am trying to listen to Bill Evans and it sounds awful. How's this possible? How come I only hear the piano tones, and it is like a mono-tone... and not the other layers of music?

My hearing is going down the drain.
I think inflation is destroying your ears... sorry bad joke...

Have you tried hearing aids to see if they help some? When I play nature sounds my right ear can hear some crickets but half the noises are silent compared to my left. I do have hearing loss.

Has anyone here been in a relationship with a narcissist? Can they change I wonder?

A narcissist needs constant affirmation that they are in control. When a relationship runs well, when everything is bliss, that's when narcissists begin to fear the control they established is gone.

They create drama to see your emotional reaction, serving as fuel and confirmation that they still hold power over you. There's no easier and effective way to test your feelings but by simply vanishing. There's no fight. There's no discussion. You blink and they are gone.

And before you know it, you find yourself down a rabbit hole trying to get a hole of the person you love, to no avail.

While it is true that narcissists like to use their disappearing acts to punish you, there doesn't have to be a conflict. As I explained, they do this even when everything is going well. If, however, there has been a conflict, if you have tried to set boundaries, or stood up for yourself, then the narcissist will use the silent treatment and stonewall technique to get you to submit and drop the boundaries and needs you wanted to enforce as soon as possible. It's an atrocious, but successful tactic. The partner finds themselves in a position where they miss the narcissist so much that they willingly give up their demands to avoid a break-up. In the meantime, the narcissist enjoys the fuel the partner gives them by trying to get a hold of them.

Has anyone here been in a relationship with a narcissist? Can they change I wonder?

A narcissist needs constant affirmation that they are in control. When a relationship runs well, when everything is bliss, that's when narcissists begin to fear the control they established is gone.

They create drama to see your emotional reaction, serving as fuel and confirmation that they still hold power over you. There's no easier and effective way to test your feelings but by simply vanishing. There's no fight. There's no discussion. You blink and they are gone.

And before you know it, you find yourself down a rabbit hole trying to get a hole of the person you love, to no avail.

While it is true that narcissists like to use their disappearing acts to punish you, there doesn't have to be a conflict. As I explained, they do this even when everything is going well. If, however, there has been a conflict, if you have tried to set boundaries, or stood up for yourself, then the narcissist will use the silent treatment and stonewall technique to get you to submit and drop the boundaries and needs you wanted to enforce as soon as possible. It's an atrocious, but successful tactic. The partner finds themselves in a position where they miss the narcissist so much that they willingly give up their demands to avoid a break-up. In the meantime, the narcissist enjoys the fuel the partner gives them by trying to get a hold of them.
Sounds familiar.

Treatment can help, but this condition can't be cured.
Sounds familiar.
Sounds very familiar, indeed.

Sounds like gaslighting. Same thing in the relationship, difference with gaslighting, the person who is gaslighting is in control and completely tries to degrade the person to their lowest standards, telling them how to run their lives according to the gaslighting, causing the controlling situation.

I think everyone is capable of change, but they have acknowledge the behaviour in the first place. Even if they do, it's just like any other CBT, and is very difficult to implement the techniques 100% of the time.

Someone very close to me is a textbook example. They will not speak to me for days/weeks if I disagree with anything they say. Living with them was exhausting, and somewhat PTSD inducing for sure.

Still love them though, and they do have some redeeming qualities.

I think inflation is destroying your ears... sorry bad joke...

Have you tried hearing aids to see if they help some? When I play nature sounds my right ear can hear some crickets but half the noises are silent compared to my left. I do have hearing loss.
I have not tried hearing aids, but relatives of mine bought them, used them briefly and put them to rest inside a drawer... for TV I just use subtitles..

Inflation is destroying us all! It's Christine Lagarde and those greedy Silicon Valley billionaires or the rest of the world, 99% of population :eek:

And now Biden keeps postponing the 15% tax on corporations. So unfair.

I have not tried hearing aids, but relatives of mine bought them, used them briefly and put them to rest inside a drawer... for TV I just use subtitles..

Inflation is destroying us all! It's Christine Lagarde and those greedy Silicon Valley billionaires or the rest of the world, 99% of population :eek:

My bad, I forgot you have hyperacusis, right? Amplifying spiked mine. Dang Biden :p

My bad, I forgot you have hyperacusis, right? Amplifying spiked mine. Dang Biden :p
Yeah, that's why my ENT did not recommend hearing aids.

I manage with my current hearing, but TV, speech in noise, overlapping sounds, are challenging...

Hearing tests inside a soundproof cabin do not resemble real life. These tests have a lot of shortcomings.

This is the truest description of a narcissist that I have ever read. This literally to the dot, describes my last relationship. It was hell. I didn't know if I would even survive it.

May I ask as to why you are asking this question - about narcissists being able to change? Because I can tell you now - they don't! They are incapable of it.

Hope you're okay?

Steph x

Decided that this tone (bird chirp) isn't going to go away this time. All I can hope is that the volumes lessens over time.

So, looks like I'm going to have to learn how to habituate all over again. :unsure: BUT, if I managed to once before - I'm sure I can again... I hope...

The smoker you drink. The player you get. Them Jameson kept getting more whiskey than honey. Then I couldn't find the lemon. Next I knew I was well locked. What cold?

Something smells fishy over in that white house but then there's always something fishy in all governments. Biden won't impose a tax on corporations, that's his bread and butter.

If anything, the US should be looking over their shoulders. If the war keeps up and Putin succeeds, you will see the dollar collapse and people in lower economy will not survive. I believe there's a very strong connection between the COVID-19 virus and the war between Russia and the Ukraine. With the demise of the dollar and Russia's control, Putin has done exactly what he said he would do and I quote, "you want new world order, I will show you new world order."

Decided that this tone (bird chirp) isn't going to go away this time. All I can hope is that the volumes lessens over time.

So, looks like I'm going to have to learn how to habituate all over again. :unsure: BUT, if I managed to once before - I'm sure I can again... I hope...
Yeah you will eventually. Sucks I know... because during that time we worry we have to habituate AGAIN from another tone ;(

My tinnitus has shifted to pulsating crickets for majority of the time and is more pleasant than the buzzsaw. However, I was slowly used to the buzz and have to rehabituate. I'm annoyed, it's like hanging on holding to hope for drugs and not letting myself move on. Maybe I need to let go altogether. Let go completely lol.

Yo @Wrfortiscue, @Guywithapug, @Juan, @kingsfan, are we like the only ones left here after the big April 2022 fallout? o_O

Shit kicked off lol.
I'm here too.

Don't feel like posting though. I am at my lowest point ever. Never had a spike like that.

Ear pain, ear fullness, severe tinnitus, new tones, and hyperacusis at its highest point.

I don't know what to do to get better. I can't cope with the new tones and with the new level.

The smoker you drink. The player you get. Them Jameson kept getting more whiskey than honey. Then I couldn't find the lemon. Next I knew I was well locked. What cold?
Have you tried that Tamnavulin stuff or whatever they call it? Not particularly into whiskey but quite like that one. Worked well with a bit of honey and lemon.

I'm here too.

Don't feel like posting though. I am at my lowest point ever. Never had a spike like that.

Ear pain, ear fullness, severe tinnitus, new tones, and hyperacusis at its highest point.

I don't know what to do to get better. I can't cope with the new tones and with the new level.
I'm sorry you're going through this. It sucks how our group is comforting others yet we are just worsening. I don't get it. We are positive (besides @Exit) and protecting.

Something smells fishy over in that white house but then there's always something fishy in all governments. Biden won't impose a tax on corporations, that's his bread and butter.

If anything, the US should be looking over their shoulders. If the war keeps up and Putin succeeds, you will see the dollar collapse and people in lower economy will not survive. I believe there's a very strong connection between the COVID-19 virus and the war between Russia and the Ukraine. With the demise of the dollar and Russia's control, Putin has done exactly what he said he would do and I quote, "you want new world order, I will show you new world order."
This week I read an interesting essay by Bill Browder on Time magazine. Browder says Putin rigged the 2016 US Presidential Election to put Trump at the White House. According to Browder, Putin would have a personal wealth north of $200 billion USD, and Putin attacked after he saw that wealth at risk, due to the Panama Papers money laundering scandal, the Magnitsky Act etc

In Spain our "government" has done almost nothing to seize property held by Russian oligarchs in Spain...

I'm having a rough day with my tinnitus. I had some terrible fleeting tinnitus in my left ear, and now that ear is just ringing at a volume I've never experienced, and it is reactive. I was also having some pulsatile tinnitus, like a whooshing with my heartbeat, which I've never experienced before... but that has stopped as of now. It all started when I ran my fingers through my hair. It's really weird and terrible.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now