• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Chit Chat and All That...

So, my bird chirp sound had disappeared for about a week - bliss!

Yesterday a dog barked very, very loud next to me which made my ears instantly hurt and feel full. Needless to say today the chirp sound has returned in full force... Very upset and anxious again. :(

Honestly tinnitus & hyperacusis, go fuck yourselves! You have robbed me of so much.

So, my bird chirp sound had disappeared for about a week - bliss!

Yesterday a dog barked very, very loud next to me which made my ears instantly hurt and feel full. Needless to say today the chirp sound has returned in full force... Very upset and anxious again. :(

Honestly tinnitus & hyperacusis, go fuck yourselves! You have robbed me of so much.
Geeze you have awful luck... I'm starting to think we are all cursed as, just like you when I'm doing well, my son will yell near me or something will happen when I'm off guard.

Yours will go away again. Just have to endure the crap for now. I know we don't want to overprotect. Also our brains can sometimes brush it off when having no earplugs and no spike and we are busy. Yet again we are just not allowed any comfort. I'm sorry :(

@aura, @Steph1710, have you tried these yet?

IMG_20220508_133512782~3.jpg

Meh, a rough week for me. Monday morning, from the comfort of my own home and from out of nowhere, I get subjected to the loudest thunder strike I've ever heard. It was so loud, that it made the local news. I've now been dealing with a noticeable spike the last 2 days. Distortions and reactivity are also in my face. I really don't care as much as I used to anymore, but it can still get tiring and distracting at times. Waiting for it to settle down. I'm also probably going to pass up on a job offer (if they hire me) due to the company's vaccine mandate. I'm still unsure whether to get vaccinated or not. Luckily, I saved enough money through the years and have a sizable enough emergency fund to last me another year and half roughly.

Sorry for the rant.
Well, my spike is beginning to subside. Felt really good today, way better actually.

Regarding this spike, it wasn't the volume increase that was alarming, but rather the reemergence of a previous tinnitus sound I've had in the past. This recent spike brought back this bizarre tinnitus sound which I haven't heard in a really long time. The best way to describe it, it sounds like a CHICKEN CLUCKING at a rapid morse code pace. It was reactive too, but it's gone now.

My tinnitus fluctuates a lot regardless of sound exposure, but that thunder strike was something else. But in the end, I was confident that it was going be temporary. My mindset with handling these situations has improved greatly.

Well, my spike is beginning to subside. Felt really good today, way better actually.

Regarding this spike, it wasn't the volume increase that was alarming, but rather the reemergence of a previous tinnitus sound I've had in the past. This recent spike brought back this bizarre tinnitus sound which I haven't heard in a really long time. The best way to describe it, it sounds like a CHICKEN CLUCKING at a rapid morse code pace. It was reactive too, but it's gone now.

My tinnitus fluctuates a lot regardless of sound exposure, but that thunder strike was something else. But in the end, I was confident that it was going be temporary. My mindset with handling these situations has improved greatly.
I can't even imagine what sounds like. Sounds wild as hell. I'm glad it's subsiding.

Is it okay for me to say "you've been thunderstruck?"

Glad you are over that mess, also good on the progress :)

I went 6 days of silence. Then on Sunday, the idiot I am, fired up the chainsaw cutting firewood, WITHOUT EAR PROTECTION. Monday morning waking to a spike that has me up the wall, not even the white noise app on my hearing aids is helping. Talk about fucking stupid, raise your hand Elmer.

For crying out loud! A deer got stuck on the fence outside my window and was screaming its little head off. It was unbelievably loud but I had to go and help it. Poor thing was terrified. However, now my ears are burning hot and hurting. God I hate nature... and ears. :cry:

For crying out loud! A deer got stuck on the fence outside my window and was screaming its little head off. It was unbelievably loud but I had to go and help it. Poor thing was terrified. However, now my ears are burning hot and hurting. God I hate nature... and ears. :cry:
Oofta!!! My cat the other day got its claw stuck and screaming and hissing.

Yep and crows. Waiting for the bus, I thought traffic would be my main worry. No, it was the crows. Crazy.

@Wrfortiscue, just seen your new journal - didn't want to spam it so posting here.

You're an amazing brave soul for logging your experiences here for all and sundry to see. Am really rooting for you. This is a great step you're taking and I sincerely believe you're going to enjoy a lot of benefit from it.

All the best man.

@Wrfortiscue, just seen your new journal - didn't want to spam it so posting here.

You're an amazing brave soul for logging your experiences here for all and sundry to see. Am really rooting for you. This is a great step you're taking and I sincerely believe you're going to enjoy a lot of benefit from it.

All the best man.
Thank you... kind words :)

I want people to know the true me. One who has a lot of health issues. One who had suicidal thoughts as a kid and attempted suicide. One who was always negative and would lash out at others. One who went through a severe panic disorder and would have daily night terrors, hospital stays. One who tried multiple antidepressants that gave them brain zaps, and turned off the fear of dying. One whose caught them in the middle of the night with a knife to their throat and stopped them.

So I suffered years with panic without taking drugs. Until I truly wanted to die is when things started turning for the better. The fear of dying was setting me off. Headaches, muscle pain, nerve pain all started to come after that and I felt I fried myself. Wouldn't get much sleep so I would down energy drinks and sugar. My reflux was silent and destroyed my esophagus to where at times I choke when swallowing because of the scar tissue. I faint if I stand up too fast, my arms and legs tingle almost instantly if I sit down and become numb. All because my nervous system was hypersensitive. Still a negative butt.

I thought that was awful and I got struck with prostatitis. The flare ups were worse than any tinnitus I've had. Imagine trying to sleep and feeling your nuts getting kicked over and over, I was vomiting from pain. Thankfully it went away after some months. I still have pain on and off there.

This post was not meant as "I suffer more than you so bow down" because no, I've seen many here who suffer worse and I wouldn't be able to handle that. I am only human. I just don't want people to see my posts and say I'm another CBT happy go lucky mild tinnitus guy lol. Multi tone reactive BS that doesn't let me sleep most nights. It's a battle of habituation vs worsening.

I believe most can get to a point where they can somewhat manage their lives. I also believe not everyone will be lucky and habituate.

Please print out my words and crumple the paper while you attempt to make it in the trash can and miss while saying "kobe!"

Meh, a rough week for me. Monday morning, from the comfort of my own home and from out of nowhere, I get subjected to the loudest thunder strike I've ever heard. It was so loud, that it made the local news. I've now been dealing with a noticeable spike the last 2 days. Distortions and reactivity are also in my face. I really don't care as much as I used to anymore, but it can still get tiring and distracting at times. Waiting for it to settle down.
All I can suggest in order to avoid events like this in future, is something I've shared that I've done several times now: which is to double glaze every window, and seal up/plaster every vent, in your apartment. Of course there are levels of noise no amount of sound insulation/protection can protect you from, but this move made my life a lot more comfortable, and a lot less anxiety ridden.
I'm also probably going to pass up on a job offer (if they hire me) due to the company's vaccine mandate. I'm still unsure whether to get vaccinated or not.
I think you know what I'd say.

And I wouldn't want to work for a company that didn't respect bodily autonomy anyway.

You'll find something better, trust.
This recent spike brought back this bizarre tinnitus sound which I haven't heard in a really long time. The best way to describe it, it sounds like a CHICKEN CLUCKING at a rapid morse code pace.
TFW I would have done everything I could to keep that tinnitus sound @ZFire...

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/posts/644803/

east-frisian-gull-064.jpg

Who wants to face me?

Guys! I had a message from the private conservation studio I worked with last year. They said they have a job for me and to contact them! Omg! Omg! Omg!

I'm now going into my old Museum to speak to my ex lab partner about it. They contacted him trying to get hold of me. I'm SO excited. Eeek!

Btw, I handed my notice in at my other job on Friday. So what are the odds of that. Leave one job, and within a day, I get contacted about another job... someone's got my back.

Guys! I had a message from the private conservation studio I worked with last year. They said they have a job for me and to contact them! Omg! Omg! Omg!

I'm now going into my old Museum to speak to my ex lab partner about it. They contacted him trying to get hold of me. I'm SO excited. Eeek!

Btw, I handed my notice in at my other job on Friday. So what are the odds of that. Leave one job, and within a day, I get contacted about another job... someone's got my back.
Congratulations Steph. Proper chuffed for you :beeranimation:

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now