• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Chit Chat and All That...

I had the option of either Invisalign or traditional braces. I went with braces. The dentist agreed that they are waaay less hassle than Invisalign, and you can get better results. Minimal pain and pressure. Far fewer appointments.
I'd have to see if I could do braces with one of my front teeth having a crown. My dentist has only talked to me about Invisalign.

That's what happened to me, but I got hearing loss on that process, progressively. It was not only pain but also a progressive deterioration of my hearing due to the odd unexpected loud noises.
I should go get a hearing test. It feels like my hearing is almost too sensitive, but again it is probably just me getting triggered by any sounds, keys rattling, people talking, doors opening and closing, someone playing music in the far distance etc.

I didn't realize there were attachments. I wonder if they are any better or worse than regular braces attachments. I need them specifically for my bite.
I asked my dentist and they steered me towards Invisalign instead of brackets. They somehow sold me Invisalign, which has probably advantages and disadvantages, and I did not do extensive research.

I have worn brackets in my teen years to correct my bite (but not to align my teeth, which got worse over time). At that time I did not have hyperacusis or tinnitus, so I did not pay that much attention to noise.

My current dentist said removing brackets is also noisy...

Invisalign has another disadvantage: as teeth are covered 24/7 by a splint there is a higher risk of teeth getting attacked by bacteria, getting gingivitis or a gum disease, so it is very important to clean teeth properly (and it is a pain, and time consuming if one does it correctly).

The downside of brackets is obviously one cannot take them off and rest from them for a while...

I should go get a hearing test. It feels like my hearing is almost too sensitive, but again it is probably just me getting triggered by any sounds, keys rattling, people talking, doors opening and closing, someone playing music in the far distance etc.
I was like that when my hyperacusis was severe, and often got lingering pain as a result.

Yesterday someone blew up a full box of firecrackers next to my place... so here I am watching TV at my apartment at night and suddenly... crazy noise. Covered my ears, and waited for it to stop... and since then... pulsatile tinnitus, spasms in my right ear, which for the moment I find just "interesting"... (although it is annoying too.)

The downside of brackets is obviously one cannot take them off and rest from them for a while...
Honestly Juan, because they are in all the time, you forget that they are even there. They were the most hassle free thing. :)

You don't need to give yourself a rest because they only apply a very minimal amount of pressure because it is done over a longer period of time. Invisalign takes waaay less time to move your teeth, but because of this, the pressure is greater to get it done quicker.

Also, ALWAYS use a retainer at night! Because all teeth regardless of what you had to straighten them, will want to move back to where they were.

I only had my top teeth done, but I will have the bottom ones done at some point. And, there was no noise involved really. Apart from getting the bracket glue off at the end, which he dissolved once I told him I couldn't have anything loud near my ears. He was a very nice dentist. :)

I asked my dentist and they steered me towards Invisalign instead of brackets. They somehow sold me Invisalign, which has probably advantages and disadvantages, and I did not do extensive research.
I should add that Invisalign works fantastic as well - otherwise people wouldn't have it. And I'm sure your teeth look amazing @Juan :love:

[
88122FDB-FC88-4358-AE16-5BF4CF6B2186.jpeg

Hi peeps.

I hope everybody is doing okay, bearing in mind the conditions we have to cope with.

For me, I am now coping with Parkinson's disease but am doing reasonably well now that my medication appears to be quite well balanced.

As I think you know, I lost my precious Sylvie 18 months ago, which has been very hard for me to come to terms with - she was such a wonderful girl - but I need to succeed in order to look after my three pussycats, children and grandchildren.

When Sylvie passed there were two things I absolutely needed to do for her. I wanted to write a book of anecdotes, of situations where she excelled herself, and I needed to take her ashes home to Holland.

I asked the family if anybody wanted to accompany me back to her homeland, and two weeks ago 24 of us went over there. It was lovely to celebrate her life in this way.

Best wishes to everybody.

Dave xx
Jazzer

[View attachment 50140

Hi peeps.

I hope everybody is doing okay, bearing in mind the conditions we have to cope with.

For me, I am now coping with Parkinson's disease but am doing reasonably well now that my medication appears to be quite well balanced.

As I think you know, I lost my precious Sylvie 18 months ago, which has been very hard for me to come to terms with - she was such a wonderful girl - but I need to succeed in order to look after my three pussycats, children and grandchildren.

When Sylvie passed there were two things I absolutely needed to do for her. I wanted to write a book of anecdotes, of situations where she excelled herself, and I needed to take her ashes home to Holland.

I asked the family if anybody wanted to accompany me back to her homeland, and two weeks ago 24 of us went over there. It was lovely to celebrate her life in this way.

Dave xx
Jazzer
This is great news!

What an awesome tribute to Sylvie and to you too Dave.

We all love you here and are super proud of you. You are awesome.

XXXXXXXXXXXX
DL

[View attachment 50140

Hi peeps.

Dave xx
Jazzer
Beautiful photo and tribute.

I have worn brackets in my teen years to correct my bite (but not to align my teeth, which got worse over time). At that time I did not have hyperacusis or tinnitus, so I did not pay that much attention to noise.

My current dentist said removing brackets is also noisy...

Invisalign has another disadvantage: as teeth are covered 24/7 by a splint there is a higher risk of teeth getting attacked by bacteria, getting gingivitis or a gum disease, so it is very important to clean teeth properly (and it is a pain, and time consuming if one does it correctly).

I had Invisalign. Worked out well.

Same, @Nathaniel Teposo.

Anyway, hope you're doing alright my friend, haven't seen you around in a while.

Did anyone find (and keep) your (angry) dog in the end?

I noticed you didn't want it back.
I'm doing fine my bro, I'm just kinda busy at work and studying at the same time this year. That's why I wasn't able to be here for awhile. Hope you are all doing great ❤️

And by the way, the dog is not mine and I don't want it either XD

Meh, a rough week for me. Monday morning, from the comfort of my own home and from out of nowhere, I get subjected to the loudest thunder strike I've ever heard. It was so loud, that it made the local news. I've now been dealing with a noticeable spike the last 2 days. Distortions and reactivity are also in my face. I really don't care as much as I used to anymore, but it can still get tiring and distracting at times. Waiting for it to settle down. I'm also probably going to pass up on a job offer (if they hire me) due to the company's vaccine mandate. I'm still unsure whether to get vaccinated or not. Luckily, I saved enough money through the years and have a sizable enough emergency fund to last me another year and half roughly.

Sorry for the rant.

Yea typical. Although does that mean the job negotiation to get back in the field paid off?
Unfortunately not. :( Though I am finding it difficult to leave (I want to) because I feel bad about not wanting the job, and because the manager is so lovely. I feel in a right pickle...

Unfortunately not. :( Though I am finding it difficult to leave (I want to) because I feel bad about not wanting the job, and because the manager is so lovely. I feel in a right pickle...
When there's nothing you can do, do nothing. Something else always comes along ;)

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now