• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.
Resource icon

Commercial Lidocaine Patch as a Treatment for Ear-ringing

I've just reread the entire thread and didn't see any mention of somatosensory tinnitus being reduced by using Lidocaine patches. There was a question from @Ear Drummer above regarding this topic.

Do you think these patches could help people like me who have noise-induced tinnitus along with severe somatosensory tinnitus?

In my case, the tinnitus is reactive due to dysfunctions in the TMJ, the sternocleidomastoid muscles, and tension in the occipital muscles (back of the neck).

Has anyone experienced improvement in their somatosensory reactive tinnitus with Lidocaine patches?

If not, I'm considering giving it a try.

@Ear Drummer, the amount is so small that it's insignificant. There are small amounts of Arsenic in Nutmeg. You get it...
Thanks for replying. Of course, I understand, I would just prefer to limit the amount of damaging chemicals entering my body. Is there any reason why the lidocaine only patches I linked wouldn't work? Do all the additional ingredients make the lidocaine more effective?
I've just reread the entire thread and didn't see any mention of somatosensory tinnitus being reduced by using Lidocaine patches. There was a question from @Ear Drummer above regarding this topic.

Do you think these patches could help people like me who have noise-induced tinnitus along with severe somatosensory tinnitus?

In my case, the tinnitus is reactive due to dysfunctions in the TMJ, the sternocleidomastoid muscles, and tension in the occipital muscles (back of the neck).

Has anyone experienced improvement in their somatosensory reactive tinnitus with Lidocaine patches?

If not, I'm considering giving it a try.
Hi @Josh59, I have similar noise-induced tinnitus and somatosensory tinnitus. I also suffer from TMJ and Bruxism. Similarly, I'm going to give it a try anyway as some relief is better than none and these patches aren't that expensive. Just hoping that it doesn't make anything worse. I hope you find some relief when you do try them.

I have noise-induced somatosensory reactive tinnitus. Neck and jaw movements increase my tinnitus, and this has become more noticeable over the years. Initially, only moving my neck to the right made it worse, but now moving my head to the left does as well.

I'm currently using Lidocaine ointment again, but I've also ordered these patches (delivery expected on 10/8). I'll report back here once I've tried them.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now