• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Do We Live in Simulation?

Óscar PP

Author
May 9, 2021
Tinnitus Since
Nov 2020
Cause of Tinnitus
Unknown
I recently had a dream (more like a nightmare) where scientists discovered that we were all living in a simulation.

Somehow, they managed to access the supercomputer that created it, and they decided to "unplug" it, so to speak, because they thought it would be best for all of us. Before doing so, they gave humanity seven days to say goodbye to their loved ones and make peace with everything. Then, little by little, things started disappearing until it was just me and my family holding hands, and finally, we disintegrated into "pixels."

I know, my mind comes up with some really strange stuff, but that dream made me start looking into the simulation hypothesis—something I had never taken seriously before. Now, I'm more inclined to believe it might actually be true.

What do you guys think? Is the life we experience real, or is it just an incredibly realistic kind of video game?

If it is a simulation, it is run by an evil psychopath(s) who gets high from people's misery. Tinnitus and a few other illnesses are the ultimate punishment for their simulation's subjects.

I honestly hope not. We live in a chaos. It explains tinnitus fairly well.

If it is a simulation, it is run by an evil psychopath(s) who gets high from people's misery. Tinnitus and a few other illnesses are the ultimate punishment for their simulation's subjects.

I honestly hope not. We live in a chaos. It explains tinnitus fairly well.
We certainly do not live in chaos. The laws of physics bind our tridimensional space-time reality. It even has absolute magnitudes that cannot be surpassed, such as the speed of light in a vacuum or the lowest possible temperature of −273.15 °C.

I don't think we're literally living in a simulation, but it certainly feels that way because of how surreal our lives have become. No matter what I try, I can't get well. It's like I keep failing and failing and failing, and I can't find a way out. If this were a video game, I could go online and look up some "cheats" and "walk-throughs" that can tell me exactly how to get unstuck and finish the game successfully. But since it isn't a video game, I'm left to my own devices.

Thank goodness for this website. It's the only place I know where other people are in similar circumstances, and we can learn from each other.

This is one of those things that is impossible to falsify because, for every argument against it, you can move the goalposts indefinitely. It's the same thing with flat earthers and believers in the Easter Bunny.

If you're looking for an actual mechanism that will instantly wipe out humanity and eventually the entire universe, then you're in luck: it's called false vacuum decay.

Here's a video if you like to sleep at night:

(Just kidding, you really shouldn't worry about this happening at all.)

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now