• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Frequency Therapeutics — Hearing Loss Regeneration

Can you cite where you read this?
D0F1B2D9-3B3D-477E-96EF-D5B76038246D.jpeg

Pg 39 on the Frequency Therapeutics presentation.

If you look at the grap, there seems to be a steep slope from baseline to Day 15 so maybe monthly doses of FX-322 may work.

Good find, blows my latest theory to shit, nice to know this kind of testing is being done though. I think I must have massive IHC damage and some OHC damage but I still can't understand how good my audiogram is up to around 12.5 kHz. It must have something to do with the EHF loss (or any dips in the standard audiogram at non-measured frequencies).

I would still love to see a non-apparent hearing loss related cohort in FX-322 trials.
Yeah, I suspect that:

A: The range of sound (in Hz) that IHC can detect is incredibly wide, therefore there is a ton of overlap in sound detection between neighboring cells. Which may explain why IHC loss might have something to do with hearing in noise deficits / word score in general. Because the brain is somehow making sense of the overlapped signals providing it a lot of detail about the sound it is hearing.

B: IHC death / damage may not occur like OHC, where it is often focused in the EHF range first were the fine/fragile little mechanical stereocilia of the OHCs are easily damaged, and lead to death. IHC look largely to be similar throughout the cochlea, so perhaps damage is more distributed from overall sound pressure vibrating through the cochlea. So, it's when there is so much distributed death of IHC, that there are next to no overlap between them that may influence tinnitus / hyperacusis.

Speculation:

I also think at some point from reading more research for noise related damage, there will be a classification of tinnitus for SNHL/NIHL. IHC-specific tinnitus, OHC-specific, and a mixed-tinnitus. This will only really be understood once regen-type drugs start to resolve some tinnitus from repairing specific cells.

I'm not following your logic here...
Oh you were referring to Phase 1. Gotcha.
After @Keith Handy reminded me about how often the testing was done in Phase 1b, it made me realise that dosing FX-322 each month may be spaced out enough.

If you look at baseline to Day 15, it is a big slope and it proves Will McLean's theory about hair cells taking around 12 days to regenerate. Then you notice from Day 30-Day 90 the increase was minimal, so may need to do the doses each month for more benefit deeper in the round window to target those lower frequencies and for OHC regrowth.

Frequency Therapeutics got too greedy in Phase 2a and now we will never know if monthly doses would have been more effective. I just hope they can just continue with the single phase so it can come out ASAP.

View attachment 44360

Pg 39 on the Frequency Therapeutics presentation.

If you look at the grap, there seems to be a steep slope from baseline to Day 15 so maybe monthly doses of FX-322 may work.
Good find. I do find it kind of funny though that they say "clear improvement trend," but then give a p-value of p=0.2111. So in other words, if the two groups were the same, there's a 21% chance of observing that level of difference or more. That's pretty high, and it's even worse because the treated group started off with less ceiling effect.

I honestly wonder how Will McLean is feeling right now. He probably wanted to space out the doses further apart but nobody listened to him.

Even @Greg Sacramento stated he talked to some people about it and even they agreed that dosing in weekly succession was going to be a problem.

I hope multiple doses of FX-322 is still a viable option when spaced out apart. Having to think that only one dose will benefit us makes me so frustrated that we only get one chance.

I'm thinking about that positive anecdote who mentioned his 3 frequency bands improved on an audiogram, which shows that OHCs must have regrown but only in the extended frequencies.

So when the improvements don't show up on the audiogram, maybe it's because OHCs were regrown between 20 kHz-16 kHz and that additional doses of FX-322 may work if spaced out. Didn''t someone say that the extended audiogram test only goes up to 16 kHz?

INVESTIGATION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Announces it is Investigating Claims Against Frequency Therapeutics, Inc. and Encourages Investors with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm

The company is under investigation for violation of securities law. I felt crushed after hearing the recent trial results but still had some hope. Then this news. I personally won't buy any shares for the near future. Doesn't give me any confidence...
Didn't a previous poster say that these mean nothing?

I don't think Frequency Therapeutics lied about FX-322. They just made an error and thought dosing every week would have been more effective. I still believe that FX-322 works and they should continue with single dosing and make sure it comes out ASAP.

Looks to me like it takes about 5 hours to reach the deep parts. You'd have to lay there for 5 hours with this thing in your ear. I would do it. Maybe they can knock you out first or they can refine the process to speed it up.
The first method takes a long time, but according to the authors, cochlear pumping is much faster. From the linked publication:

"Cochlear pumping distributes drugs evenly along the entire cochlea within minutes"

Tinnitus Talk before day 90 results: "Multiple injections will surely push the gel deeper into the cochlea."

Tinnitus Talk after day 90 results: "Multiple injections actually clogged the ear, this time fewer injections will work!"

INVESTIGATION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Announces it is Investigating Claims Against Frequency Therapeutics, Inc. and Encourages Investors with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm

The company is under investigation for violation of securities law. I felt crushed after hearing the recent trial results but still had some hope. Then this news. I personally won't buy any shares for the near future. Doesn't give me any confidence...
Ambulance Chasers. Notice that the firm is "encouraging" people to contact them (they're fishing for clients).

"This press release may be considered Attorney Advertising in some jurisdictions under the applicable law and rules of ethics."

You don't have to buy stock.
And you don't have to lose hope.
Such a crash is a big business opportunity for these law firms, when they make money for the attorneys.

I'm hoping that this is just the sue everyone culture in USA. There are now two "law" firms which are putting in claims against them. I did a bit of reading and they seem to sue all biotech companies. I guess it's if you believe there was insider trading and they knew about the results and misled the public to increase the stock price before cashing out, or if you believe that the stock price crashed because of the announcements of the bad results from the trial and they didn't do anything wrong.

I really hope it's the latter and hope that the calibre of people at FREQ wouldn't do that.

I also hope that these are just standard things that come and go, at the end of the day FREQ have some very big and well established investors so I am sure they would be cracking down on them if they suspected wrongdoing, apparently anyone with just 1 share can make these kinds of claims of wrong doing so...

Hopefully it means nothing, hopefully the other Phase 1B trails will be a success and hopefully FX-322 will be released out in the market.

At the end of the day, I don't care how something is working or not working, but those couple of anecdotes have said that it has improved their tinnitus - if they are telling the truth. I don't know about anyone else but if I could go to the GP or ENT and they said "hey we got something that's perfectly safe for you to try, it might help or might not", I would bite their hand off to give it a go.

Come on FREQ and all these other biotechs, be honest people trying to help people and improve the world, don't turn out to be a bunch of crooks that have been manipulating data for profit.

:nailbiting:

I'm hoping that this is just the sue everyone culture in USA. There are now two "law" firms which are putting in claims against them. I did a bit of reading and they seem to sue all biotech companies. I guess it's if you believe there was insider trading and they knew about the results and misled the public to increase the stock price before cashing out, or if you believe that the stock price crashed because of the announcements of the bad results from the trial and they didn't do anything wrong.

I really hope it's the latter and hope that the calibre of people at FREQ wouldn't do that.

I also hope that these are just standard things that come and go, at the end of the day FREQ have some very big and well established investors so I am sure they would be cracking down on them if they suspected wrongdoing, apparently anyone with just 1 share can make these kinds of claims of wrong doing so...

Hopefully it means nothing, hopefully the other Phase 1B trails will be a success and hopefully FX-322 will be released out in the market.

At the end of the day, I don't care how something is working or not working, but those couple of anecdotes have said that it has improved their tinnitus - if they are telling the truth. I don't know about anyone else but if I could go to the GP or ENT and they said "hey we got something that's perfectly safe for you to try, it might help or might not", I would bite their hand off to give it a go.

Come on FREQ and all these other biotechs, be honest people trying to help people and improve the world, don't turn out to be a bunch of crooks that have been manipulating data for profit.

:nailbiting:
I agree. It's still too early to know how everything works with these new regeneration drugs but I think Frequency Therapeutics are honest people though. I don't think they will lie about a drug that can help with hearing loss and tinnitus. Some of the anecdotes got tinnitus improvements from FX-322.

I'm not expecting the Day 210 to be positive unless somehow many of the patients had experienced more improvements after Day 90 due to weekly dosing of FX-322 killing the process and needing to wait even longer for the regrowing process.

I don't think Frequency Therapeutics lied about FX-322. They just made an error and thought dosing every week would have been more effective. I still believe that FX-322 works and they should continue with single dosing and make sure it comes out ASAP.
I'm not so sure there has been zero insider trading/passing of information to friends. I'd tend to exclude it based on FREQ high-profile people but we don't know everyone in the company.

@Greg Sacramento, who is quite knowledgeable in stock markets, said — before all these claims started — that he was expecting security litigations to impact FREQ. There was a big sell order that triggered this suspicion.

I think we have to wait a little longer to see if things calm down or the litigation risk becomes serious. Obviously, I hope there was no fraud, I want the company to continue and deliver eventually.

Guys, it's really important to separate stock and legal talk from actual scientific data.

I still have my eye on this drug even though it likely won't be saving me any time soon.

Guys, it's really important to separate stock and legal talk from actual scientific data.

I still have my eye on this drug even though it likely won't be saving me any time soon.
Alhough I don't really care about stock talk for investment, I think things like the legal litigations being brought against Frequency Therapeutics is relevant, I mean this has an impact on the company's health and actually if there is any hint that what they have been promoting with regards to the science has been accurate.

I do hope that these claims are false, but if insider trading has been happening and if the company ethos has been just about making a quick cash grab then this changes the perception of the drug and the scientific data IMO.

Personally I think and hope that it is nothing more than a few people who got burned on the stock price coming down and who lost financially, but I really hope that these things don't risk the company and the science e.g., the company gets sued has to do a massive payout and is no longer financially viable, meaning that even if the science was good, nothing would ever come from it.

:unsure:

Alhough I don't really care about stock talk for investment, I think things like the legal litigations being brought against Frequency Therapeutics is relevant, I mean this has an impact on the company's health and actually if there is any hint that what they have been promoting with regards to the science has been accurate.

I do hope that these claims are false, but if insider trading has been happening and if the company ethos has been just about making a quick cash grab then this changes the perception of the drug and the scientific data IMO.

Personally I think and hope that it is nothing more than a few people who got burned on the stock price coming down and who lost financially, but I really hope that these things don't risk the company and the science e.g., the company gets sued has to do a massive payout and is no longer financially viable, meaning that even if the science was good, nothing would ever come from it.

:unsure:
I don't think insider trading will be an issue. The guys at the top have been selling the stock consistently over the past years. If you look at the trades... they generally make over $500k per month in additional income. I doubt they would do a "bigger" stock sale than normal before the results were issued. Their stock sales are reported so if there was a bigger than usual sale it will be shown... but really if you are making that much additional income why risk it.

At the end of the day, the lawsuit will go no where. They have been pretty open about their statements and they have been careful in what they have said. The fact that the latest trial didn't do well is unfortunate and people lost money, but those same people were gambling that it would do well and for the stock take off.

https://www.gurufocus.com/insider/summary

You can look it up here. Type FREQ...

Our best bet might be an infamous group of scientists developing an IT tinnitus formula. They are rumored to be operating out of a RV someplace in the Nevada desert. Also, buy some FREQ stock as it is very cheap right now.

Pomerantz seems to be one of those fucked up law firms. If you look at this link, you can see they are "investigating" pretty much every single biotech out there...

https://www.prnewswire.com/news/pomerantz-llp/
Ambulance Chasers. Notice that the firm is "encouraging" people to contact them (they're fishing for clients).
I almost sent them an email telling them I'd rather lose my money with FREQ than sell my soul to a bunch of evil lawyers. I stopped myself, but maybe I'll do it today.

I'm surprised this thread is as busy as it is with the science being lackluster. I love the idea but I mean let it go guys. This one's not it. They have to go back to the drawing board.

There are others out there fighting for the cure too. Hough Ear Institute told me things are going really well with their proof of concept and are making progress on that front.

There are others out there fighting for the cure too. Hough Ear Institute told me things are going really well with their proof of concept and are making progress on that front.
Where is their proof?

Frequency Therapeutics provided updates on what didn't work, and why. And, what they are planning. Not all are happy about it, but there is interest in continuing to improve the drug.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now