• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus

So you already have used this for two weeks? And still no head tinnitus?
Yes that's what he said

for t talk gorz.PNG

Because they think you are a scam and they are tired of scams. There is no limit to preying on the hopes of the desperate in this world. I say that without personal comments on your theories.
Here is another email I got this morning, another person helped by Tinnitus Mix,I get a steady stream of emails, texts, messages thanking me.

If anyone is joining late in the thread, Tinnitus Mix is free at https://tinnitusmix.com

Download and loop all night every night for 3 weeks on the Koss KTX-PRO1 or KSC-75 headphones.

for t talk t gone email.PNG

If you do not notice a reduction in tinnitus in that time period it is likely not going to help you, about 50% do get reduction or total elimination of tinnitus. It works best on sound induced tinnitus and sudden unexplained tinnitus.

How loud was it and how loud is it now? Can you hear it over everyday noises?
I don't think I would be on this board if I couldn't hear it over everyday noises except the shower.
I must say that I have very fluctuating tinnitus which can go from barely there to the sound of a jetplane flying over in less than an hour.
Before starting David's Tinnitus Mix it was on average 8/10 and every other day periods of head tinnitus and fleeting tinnitus sometimes lasting for hours.
After the fifth day I noticed I didn't have any head tinnitus nor fleeting tinnitus and my tinnitus went down to a 2/10.
I have been listening 12 nights now and the head tinnitus didn't return so far.
I had one episode of fleeting tinnitus and my overall tinnitus is reduced to a 5/10.
My tinnitus still fluctuates a lot but the length of periods with loud tinnitus are shorter lived.
I hope this makes some sense, English isn't my native language.

This is really good news gorzakus.

I was really skeptical about this. My apologies for assuming you were a scammer R. David Case.

I will keep a close eye on this thread and might try it one day.

This is really good news gorzakus.

I was really skeptical about this. My apologies for assuming you were a scammer R. David Case.

I will keep a close eye on this thread and might try it one day.
We will see next week if it's good news Julien, when I stop listening to it because I'm not planning to use it any longer than three weeks. It's not that it's a soothing sound and I don't like the idea using headphones for any longer than i planned.
It also doesn't make me sleep better or worse, I just wake up a few times more in a night.

We will see next week if it's good news Julien, when I stop listening to it because I'm not planning to use it any longer than three weeks. It's not that it's a soothing sound and I don't like the idea using headphones for any longer than i planned.
It also doesn't make me sleep better or worse, I just wake up a few times more in a night.
Some report the tinnitus does not come back, some say they must use it once in a wile if tinnitus comes back. It's so weird how different everyone is. This is some of the things I want to learn why some get fast relief, some never have to use it again etc. As for myself my tinnitus will slowly try to come back within 15 -20 days. But as I said the Tinnitus Mix puts me in a deep sleep so I use it every night and sleep like a baby in a feather bed... no tinnitus for 18 years. It works out for me.

I have multiple tones, left high frequency tones and right ear something that sounds like a kettle or tinkling bells so I guess yes to your question.
I´ve got a static buzzing noise in my head and a kettle in my right ear, just like you... It´s been some time that I´ve suspected that I´ve got another noise but I think the buzz in my head is louder and makes it hard to distinguish.

I´m just waiting to see how this ends up. If I see Tinnitus Talk members start mentioning very positive results, I´ll seriously start thinking of giving this a shot. On the other hand maybe it´s a better idea to wait for the MuteButton? It´s just gonna take a while still... and I´m so fed of this mental destroyer, I might run out of patience and just go for it.

@R. David Case, after following this thread has given me the idea of a´genius´ that sometimes accidentally come up with the most amazing inventions. I got nothing to lo
ose anyway....

Please keep us informed.

I'm not saying this to be rude, but I think I prefer my tinnitus to this sound file you've created. This sounds like something the North Koreans would play me after I took one of their posters.

I´ve got a static buzzing noise in my head and a kettle in my right ear, just like you... It´s been some time that I´ve suspected that I´ve got another noise but I think the buzz in my head is louder and makes it hard to distinguish.

I´m just waiting to see how this ends up. If I see Tinnitus Talk members start mentioning very positive results, I´ll seriously start thinking of giving this a shot. On the other hand maybe it´s a better idea to wait for the MuteButton? It´s just gonna take a while still... and I´m so fed of this mental destroyer, I might run out of patience and just go for it.

@R. David Case, after following this thread has given me the idea of a´genius´ that sometimes accidentally come up with the most amazing inventions. I got nothing to lo
ose anyway....

Please keep us informed.
People are getting results here, and I have cured 431 people to date, I would go ahead and try it. As you say you got nothing to lose.

testimony for ron 23.PNG

Against my better judgement I downloaded the sound file and listened.

For me it was horrible, it spiked my tinnitus really loudly. It's now screaming away.

Nothing works for everyone of course. In my opinion you are playing noise all across the audible spectrum, which is showing the brain that all frequencies are there, which in turn is trying to get it to stop creating the tinnitus signal. You may be doing a little interruption of the tinnitus through RI (as @PanM discussed) and masking, possibly even by confounding the perception and prediction a little.

The headphones are irrelevant, as long as they have a flat response. As pointed out by @GregCA the encoding nullifies anything above the audible range.

I don't believe that you are a way off with the feedback loop analogy, even if I don't agree with the way you've applied it here.

For me it was horrible, it spiked my tinnitus really loudly. It's now screaming away.

Nothing works for everyone of course. In my opinion you are playing noise all across the audible spectrum, which is showing the brain that all frequencies are there, which in turn is trying to get it to stop creating the tinnitus signal. You may be doing a little interruption of the tinnitus through RI (as @PanM discussed) and masking, possibly even by confounding the perception and prediction a little.

The headphones are irrelevant, as long as they have a flat response. As pointed out by @GregCA the encoding nullifies anything above the audible range.

I don't believe that you are a way off with the feedback loop analogy, even if I don't agree with the way you've applied it here.
Hi @Steve,
can I ask how long did you listen to the file before you had the spike and did you listen through headphones or speakers?

An update from my side: I have multiple nightshifts coming up so won't be able to continue for now. Maybe I can try during the day. I am still having positive results and will see if it stays like this. I used the file for a total of 14 nights.

Hi @Steve,
can I ask how long did you listen to the file before you had the spike and did you listen through headphones or speakers?

An update from my side: I have multiple nightshifts coming up so won't be able to continue for now. Maybe I can try during the day. I am still having positive results and will see if it stays like this. I used the file for a total of 12 nights.
Headphones.

As an experiment listen to a rain or water sound through the night instead that has energy across the audible spectrum and see if that also has similar results, ideally something that mixes and changes over time. I imagine that it may well do, but I am willing to be wrong :)

Headphones.

As an experiment listen to a rain or water sound through the night instead that has energy across the audible spectrum and see if that also has similar results, ideally something that mixes and changes over time. I imagine that it may well do, but I am willing to be wrong :)
I actually normally listen to river sounds, but not through headphones and never had this kind of effect...

Did you listen a whole night to the file?

I actually normally listen to river sounds, but not through headphones and never had this kind of effect...

Did you listen a whole night to the file?
No, it spiked me which is enough to know that it isn't good for my ears. I play a lot with audio so I am familiar with what I can and can't listen to.

A river noise isn't necessarily across the spectrum. I do audio recording and when you analyse the sound files you'd be surprised at the lack of information in places, water can especially trail off at around 10kHz. I mix sounds together to try and balance the spectrum - although it can sound unnatural if you go too far.

No, it spiked me which is enough to know that it isn't good for my ears. I play a lot with audio so I am familiar with what I can and can't listen to.

A river noise isn't necessarily across the spectrum. I do audio recording and when you analyse the sound files you'd be surprised at the lack of information in places, water can especially trail off at around 10kHz. I mix sounds together to try and balance the spectrum - although it can sound unnatural if you go too far.
Well I'll first see if my results listening to David's file remain, hopefully your spike is over soon.

gorzakus, please keep going, I'm legit interested now. I honestly do not think I have it in me to sleep with that cacophony playing, but I may try to listen to it during the day if enough people have success with it.

gorzakus, please keep going, I'm legit interested now. I honestly do not think I have it in me to sleep with that cacophony playing, but I may try to listen to it during the day if enough people have success with it.
It's kind of impossible when working at night to wear them, but I could try in the morning when taking a nap.

Of course it won't be the same but I don't have much of a choice. They're are indeed other members testing as well, hopefully some will report their findings soon.

Well thanks for the feedback, it only works on 50 % of people. We have tested many headphones and the Koss KTX-PRO1 work the best. I can only use the information I have and my engineering background to say why they work the best.

t gone michelle B.PNG

It's kind of impossible when working at night to wear them, but I could try in the morning when taking a nap.

Of course it won't be the same but I don't have much of a choice. They're are indeed other members testing as well, hopefully some will report their findings soon.
You can listen to it during day to get used to it, but for full benefit you must be in alpha state.

Headphones.

I have had success with this on people that have tried everything in the book but this is the only thing that helped.

new group t gone 6.PNG

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now