• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus

I've been listening on my laptop speakers. Still not brave enough to listen on headphones though.
I first started with the speakers on my phone as well, but had no results.
I then started listening for an hour and checked for spikes.

I gradually listened for longer periods and then started listening the whole night but on really low volume and still do.

I'm having a good day again today, listened for 6 hours last night, woke up two times.

I noticed I'm getting so used to this sound that when I wake up I don't even notice the sound anymore, only when I focus on it.

This is pretty strange being it such an awful mix of sounds (no offense David).

I am trying David's cd. I haven't updated everyone because I have had some ups and downs with insomnia, anxiety and after microsuction at the ENT for dead skin cells in ear canal????

Had feedback buzz in bad ear for over a week when I was speaking (not when I was using David's cd). Earphones were uncomfortable so ordered the replacement ear pads recommended by David but they are taking forever... shipped from China. So I put cotton sock over the ear speakers and it is now much more comfortable. On a positive note I have had some good days after listening to the cd.

BTW I am 72 and have had life changing tinnitus since July 2018. Previously I had very low level noise in left ear which started with a very bad cold in the mid 80's - it never bothered me at all. This spike in tinnitus came on suddenly for no apparent reason.

I am continuing with David's treatment and will update you all in a couple of weeks.
Cut a hole in a cheap foam pillow and the ear piece will fit in the hole and you won't even feel the headphones.

I gradually listened for longer periods and then started listening the whole night but on really low volume and still do.

I'm having a good day again today, listened for 6 hours last night, woke up two times.

I noticed I'm getting so used to this sound that when I wake up I don't even notice the sound anymore, only when I focus on it.

yea I know, you would not think that this Tinnitus Mix would change into something you crave, but that's what happens.

brians freinds testimony 3.PNG

brians freinds testimony 4.PNG

brians freinds testimony 5.PNG

brians friends testimony 6.PNG

I've been noticing a slight reduction with the speakers. Did you notice any results before switching to the headphones? I'm very concerned about making my tinnitus worse.

I've been noticing a slight reduction with the speakers. Did you notice any results before switching to the headphones? I'm very concerned about making my tinnitus worse.
No results for me with the speakers no, making my tinnitus worse was also my biggest concern but when I put the headphones on 10 percent I can even hear the slightest sound from my environment so I was convinced this will not hurt my ears further.

I wonder how many people will refuse to use the headphones on the Neuromod device because of this.

No results for me with the speakers no, making my tinnitus worse was also my biggest concern but when I put the headphones on 10 percent I can even hear the slightest sound from my environment so I was convinced this will not hurt my ears further.

I wonder how many people will refuse to use the headphones on the Neuromod device because of this.
I would be less nervous about the Neuromod device because it's a official company that has a lot invested in putting out a safe product. This sound file may be helpful but if something goes wrong I'm SOL.

I would be less nervous about the Neuromod device because it's a official company that has a lot invested in putting out a safe product. This sound file may be helpful but if something goes wrong I'm SOL.
I totally understand, there is always a risk.

I can only tell my own experiences with David's file and they are very positive so far.

Right, I've been silently watching this thread for the last month or so and came to the conclusion that Dave seems legit and the real deal helped by the fact you are not looking for any remuneration, so two weeks ago, I decided I had nothing to lose and invested in said headphones and started listening Tuesday night, the 5th Feb.

I do think you were getting a bit of a raw deal from a couple of members on here for a wee while, but let's hope this isn't some fetish and it really helps some including me, you seem to really believe in it.

Some of you will hopefully remember me from a few years ago when I foolishly decided to get my ears
micro-suctioned and got a major spike in my very mild tinnitus that I had lived with since 1990 from acoustic trauma, I was 21 years of age.
A little background first, having acquired tinnitus back before the internet and dime a dozen mobile phones, I had little in the way of information or help and had been given the usual, "you'll just have to live with it" from the local ENT, I foolishly tried ways I thought might help, especially as I had mild hyperacusis as well.
Foam earplugs was one of those ways and I started wearing them full time and to cut a long story short, I relied on them too much and couldn't function in the outside world without them, on top of that normal everyday household noise could not be tolerated without earplugs as you could imagine.

Fast forward to 2014 and the spike from micro suction that I never really recovered from and I slipped into depression which I recovered partially from at about the time I stopped regularly visiting here.
Well the depression reared its ugly head again at the end of December just gone and on top of that I had a one in a million jar opening experience that made quite a loud pop and I didn't have earplugs in, that gave me another spike and I now have rather loud tinnitus that, because of my job as a Truck driver, I must wear earplugs during the day, you can imagine the noise of my tinnitus with plugs in, nothing drowns it out.
So I had sunken even deeper into depression of which I'm slowly pulling myself out of with the help of Magnesium and St John's Wort, it seems to have helped.

Back to this experiment, after the first night I had trouble with my IPhone pausing my playlist in which I made up of 9 copies of Dave's sound file, I taped the slider at about quarter of the way up and had my phone volume on 3 bars, it's difficult as I am totally paranoid about headphones and noise, so the sounds were only just audible in my left ear and fluctuated between just being audible and not being aware of it in my right ear as I am more death in that ear.

The Wednesday was weird as my tinnitus seemed more softer for most of the day and that was after a restless night of waking up about 5 times and realizing the sound had stopped and having to push play again.
My wife who has loud tinnitus but normal hearing listened to it for about 5 minutes through the headphones on the Tuesday afternoon and she noticed that her tinnitus seemed a lot more softer than usual.

I've now put those 9 copies of Dave's sounds on a playlist and used the shuffle function for the Wednesday night and besides waking up several times during the night and trying one level up on the volume, it didn't pause itself.
This morning I awoke to once again a softer version of my normal tinnitus except this time it changed later in the morning to a high pitched whistle like noise and was more pronounced in my left ear, usually it's my right ear that's louder so,I have never had that noise like that before, on we go to tonight and night 3.

I have had tinnitus now for 28 years so maybe it will help maybe it's too entrenched in my brain who knows!

Thanks for sharing Dave and persevering through the initial skepticism which, unfortunately, is completely understandable with some of the scam artists that I'm sure we have all had to deal with at one point or another and certainly I'm no saint as some on here will probably remember the sometimes heated discussions that a certain good doctor and I would get involved in.

I will keep you posted.
Rich

Right, I've been silently watching this thread for the last month or so and came to the conclusion that Dave seems legit and the real deal helped by the fact you are not looking for any remuneration, so two weeks ago, I decided I had nothing to lose and invested in said headphones and started listening Tuesday night, the 5th Feb.

I do think you were getting a bit of a raw deal from a couple of members on here for a wee while, but let's hope this isn't some fetish and it really helps some including me, you seem to really believe in it.

Some of you will hopefully remember me from a few years ago when I foolishly decided to get my ears
micro-suctioned and got a major spike in my very mild tinnitus that I had lived with since 1990 from acoustic trauma, I was 21 years of age.
A little background first, having acquired tinnitus back before the internet and dime a dozen mobile phones, I had little in the way of information or help and had been given the usual, "you'll just have to live with it" from the local ENT, I foolishly tried ways I thought might help, especially as I had mild hyperacusis as well.
Foam earplugs was one of those ways and I started wearing them full time and to cut a long story short, I relied on them too much and couldn't function in the outside world without them, on top of that normal everyday household noise could not be tolerated without earplugs as you could imagine.

Fast forward to 2014 and the spike from micro suction that I never really recovered from and I slipped into depression which I recovered partially from at about the time I stopped regularly visiting here.
Well the depression reared its ugly head again at the end of December just gone and on top of that I had a one in a million jar opening experience that made quite a loud pop and I didn't have earplugs in, that gave me another spike and I now have rather loud tinnitus that, because of my job as a Truck driver, I must wear earplugs during the day, you can imagine the noise of my tinnitus with plugs in, nothing drowns it out.
So I had sunken even deeper into depression of which I'm slowly pulling myself out of with the help of Magnesium and St John's Wort, it seems to have helped.

Back to this experiment, after the first night I had trouble with my IPhone pausing my playlist in which I made up of 9 copies of Dave's sound file, I taped the slider at about quarter of the way up and had my phone volume on 3 bars, it's difficult as I am totally paranoid about headphones and noise, so the sounds were only just audible in my left ear and fluctuated between just being audible and not being aware of it in my right ear as I am more death in that ear.

The Wednesday was weird as my tinnitus seemed more softer for most of the day and that was after a restless night of waking up about 5 times and realizing the sound had stopped and having to push play again.
My wife who has loud tinnitus but normal hearing listened to it for about 5 minutes through the headphones on the Tuesday afternoon and she noticed that her tinnitus seemed a lot more softer than usual.

I've now put those 9 copies of Dave's sounds on a playlist and used the shuffle function for the Wednesday night and besides waking up several times during the night and trying one level up on the volume, it didn't pause itself.
This morning I awoke to once again a softer version of my normal tinnitus except this time it changed later in the morning to a high pitched whistle like noise and was more pronounced in my left ear, usually it's my right ear that's louder so,I have never had that noise like that before, on we go to tonight and night 3.

I have had tinnitus now for 28 years so maybe it will help maybe it's too entrenched in my brain who knows!

Thanks for sharing Dave and persevering through the initial skepticism which, unfortunately, is completely understandable with some of the scam artists that I'm sure we have all had to deal with at one point or another and certainly I'm no saint as some on here will probably remember the sometimes heated discussions that a certain good doctor and I would get involved in.

I will keep you posted.
Rich
That's great news, I hope you can continue to listen to the file and keep getting better.
I also put the volume on 3 for about a week now, I don't think i need to turn it up because I can hear every sound very clear.
I had a late shift last night, slept 4 hours afterwards with the sound.
Again low tinnitus so far today!

You can use on speakers until you get used to the sounds, but after a wile you should switch to the Koss ktx-pro1, on very low volume for full benefits.

That's great news, I hope you can continue to listen to the file and keep getting better.
I also put the volume on 3 for about a week now, I don't think i need to turn it up because I can hear every sound very clear.
I predict you are on your way to a tinnitus free life my friend!!!!!

I will keep you posted.
Rich
That's great that is reducing both of your tinnitus, remember when you have had tinnitus for that long it could take 3 -4 weeks of using every night all night with no skipping!!!

no dude euronews said it's crickets so it's crickets.
This reminds me of when Michael Leigh was trying to convince us the world was flat. Couldn't tell whether or not he was serious. Now I don't know whether or not you're being serious (not that it necessarily matters). But I sure am getting some good laughs either way. :LOL:

This reminds me of when Michael Leigh was trying to convince us the world was flat. Couldn't tell whether or not he was serious. Now I don't know whether or not you're being serious (not that it necessarily matters). But I sure am getting some good laughs either way. :LOL:
You can't tell? Crickets make perfect sense.

Hey @gorzakus how do you take the file from the Tinnitus Mix website and get it in to VLC player on your iPhone? Step by step would be great. I'm gonna go all in on this now properly.
If you have a Windows laptop it will play on Windows media player. Mine is Windows 7, not 10. Just check repeat on right click. Then I put it on the desktop. I'm a little confused myself on doing a loop on an Apple device. Not sure if you need to shuffle multiple downloads like @RichL said, or if you can loop just one download.

Thanks, I hope so too, well today wasn't low like yesterday as my tinnitus was a little louder but different, it seems to be doing silly shit for want of a better description, almost like it's packing a sad with me! lol

@gorzakus, what have you set the slider volume on your headphones to, because I have very sensitive hearing because of ear plug over use, I'm probably setting my volume a lot lower than yours as I've forgotten what normal safe listening levels are, I've just got a feeling I should have it a little louder.

Cheers Rich

That's great that is reducing both of your tinnitus, remember when you have had tinnitus for that long it could take 3 -4 weeks of using every night all night with no skipping!!!
Probably a little too early to tell, but like I said to @gorzakus, my tinnitus is doing some weird shit like getting louder in my left ear when it was my right one that was always louder except for one or two days a fortnight, but what I have noticed is the vibrating intense roar I had in my right ear seems to have disappeared, but early days, I'm trying not to get too excited about it yet.

If you have a Windows laptop it will play on Windows media player. Mine is Windows 7, not 10. Just check repeat on right click. Then I put it on the desktop. I'm a little confused myself on doing a loop on an Apple device. Not sure if you need to shuffle multiple downloads like @RichL said, or if you can loop just one download.
I tried working out how to loop just the one copy and I couldn't work it out, that's why I just put multiple copies (8 copies) of the file onto a playlist and just pushed shuffle, it's working so I'll just stick to what works I suppose. lol

Hey @gorzakus how do you take the file from the Tinnitus Mix website and get it in to VLC player on your iPhone? Step by step would be great. I'm gonna go all in on this now properly.
Well you need a Windows PC or laptop and download the file on your PC.

1: you unzip it so you have the pure wav. file.
2: you store the file on your Google drive on your PC (if you don't have one please let me know)
3: you take your iPhone and open your Google Drive on your iPhone and will see the file (you can download Google drive from the app store and log in with your email)
4: you download the VLC player from the App Store
5: you open your drive on your iPhone and click on the three dots and choose "open with" and VLC player will be in the list
6: choose the option loop in VLC player and you are set.

If things don't work just tag me and I'll try to help.

3EC0CEB3-9844-43D2-8488-FB2DEC5B8CD2.png
89A6362C-DBB7-499A-A909-C7088A0CB93A.jpeg
C5D1F4D8-B14B-497F-9AFC-852A65A495EB.jpeg

You can just loop one download but you need to put the file on your Google Drive on your PC and then open Google Drive on your iPhone and open that file with your VLC player or you won't be able to loop it.

I want to add I ordered both of the headphones that are advised for listening: the KTX-PRO1 and the KSC75 clip on version.

Right now I use the Koss KSC75 because they are more flat then the pro ones and are more comfortable when being placed into the headband I bought from SleepPhones.

I advise everyone trying this method to use them with a headband, it's very easy to sleep with them, i am a sidesleeper and it was impossible to sleep with the headphones on.

https://www.amazon.com/Koss-KSC75-P...koss+ksc75&dpPl=1&dpID=41OpHYsxmDL&ref=plSrch

Thanks, I hope so too, well today wasn't low like yesterday as my tinnitus was a little louder but different, it seems to be doing silly shit for want of a better description, almost like it's packing a sad with me! lol

@gorzakus, what have you set the slider volume on your headphones to, because I have very sensitive hearing because of ear plug over use, I'm probably setting my volume a lot lower than yours as I've forgotten what normal safe listening levels are, I've just got a feeling I should have it a little louder.

Cheers Rich
I have the slider totally open and I then taped it so it can't move anymore, open meaning full volume on the slider but only 2 max 3 ups on the iPhone which is really quiet even for my sensitive ears.
But now I'm using the other clip on koss headphones and they don't have the slider.
I use these because they are more flat to sleep with.

Probably a little too early to tell, but like I said to @gorzakus, my tinnitus is doing some weird shit like getting louder in my left ear when it was my right one that was always louder except for one or two days a fortnight, but what I have noticed is the vibrating intense roar I had in my right ear seems to have disappeared, but early days, I'm trying not to get too excited about it yet.
That's great you're showing some results, don't give up and don't skip a night for 3 weeks.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now