• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus

That's great you're showing some results, don't give up and don't skip a night for 3 weeks.
One thing that concerns me is my tinnitus in my right ear is of a very low frequency and I've noticed that none of the frequencies on your file seem to go as low as my tinnitus, then again I'm asleep through most of them so maybe they do, did you cover all the frequencies in the file or just the high?

I have the slider totally open and I then taped it so it can't move anymore, open meaning full volume on the slider but only 2 max 3 ups on the iPhone which is really quiet even for my sensitive ears.
But now I'm using the other clip on koss headphones and they don't have the slider.
I use these because they are more flat to sleep with.
Wow, I didn't realize how sensitive I've made my hearing, I've got the slider taped at just over a quarter and am still only listening on 4 bars on my iPhone, looks like I have some work to do on desensitizing my hearing as well.

Cheers Rich

Today is the 5th night in a row using the Tinnitus Mix with the Koss headphones for at least 7 hours.
Last night I fell asleep after listening for 5 minutes which amazes me because normally it takes me about an hour and half due to the strange sounds.
I know this because I have a watch that monitors sleep.
I only woke up once to go to the bathroom and slept around 7 hours in total.
Today I am having one of the quietest days since the onset of my tinnitus almost a year ago.
Normally I have around two better days in a week and now I am having already 5 good days in a row.
I was going for 2 more nights because of work, but if I keep improving I will do the full test.

@Nick M are you still testing this or anyone else?
Hello gorzakus,

It's good to hear this is producing positive results for you. I stopped the test after the 3rd night. I don't know exactly why I decided to stop it. Maybe it was fear of my tinnitus getting worse or the huge spike I had on the second day and the inability to listen to the mix at any volume due to discomfort even though I don't suffer much from H. I felt like it was causing more irritation the 3rd night than the first two nights when I was trying to sleep so I decided to listen to my body and stop for the time being.

I'm still very interested in trying this again, next time for the suggested 3 weeks straight and document the results.

In the mean time, I have been using the Whist Tinnitus app from the Apple app store during sleep with a specific frequency and pulsed timing with some good results. I plan on continuing using the Whist app for several weeks and see what the results are. I will create a new thread and post the details such as the settings and the results I achieved. However, I am still following this thread.

Is that normal? I've also been getting weird random spikes and it's starting to worry me.
I think a lot has to do with the initial anxiety, it makes you focus more on your tinnitus.

I started noticing a real difference at around five days I think.

For me it's day 11 today, tinnitus still there but low and no head tinnitus since a week.
Yesterday I had a very short fleeting tinnitus episode. Normally lingers for a few hours but left after a minute this time.

I tried ACRN, which is almost the same isn't it?
Did nothing at all for me except make me more nervous.
Maybe because it's nearly impossible to find my frequency since it's like an electric hiss mixed with head tinnitus and if it's a tone is constantly fluctuating with bouts of fleeting tinnitus as well.
I forgot to say that I haven't had the static head noise in 5 days now, maybe that's why I also cope better with just the normal tinnitus coming from my ear.
Gorzakus. I know EXACTLY what you mean. I have two things going on in my head, one I can cope with and one that is very difficult to cope with. I'm assuming what you mean by "head tinnitus" is the type of tinnitus that you feel vibrating in your head and the regular tinnitus is just the perception of sound. I can live with the regular tinnitus but the head tinnitus as you put it is the one that really bothers me because it's not something I can just ignore. You actually feel the vibrations in your head and your ear(s).

Gorzakus. I know EXACTLY what you mean. I have two things going on in my head, one I can cope with and one that is very difficult to cope with. I'm assuming what you mean by "head tinnitus" is the type of tinnitus that you feel vibrating in your head and the regular tinnitus is just the perception of sound. I can live with the regular tinnitus but the head tinnitus as you put it is the one that really bothers me because it's not something I can just ignore. You actually feel the vibrations in your head and your ear(s).
Yes, that's what I mean with head noise.
It's like someone is pouring sand on a glass plate but way louder and coming from the back of my head and not maskable.
I even hear it over the shower.
This head noise hasn't come back since listening to David's sound file which is great.

One thing that concerns me is my tinnitus in my right ear is of a very low frequency and I've noticed that none of the frequencies on your file seem to go as low as my tinnitus, then again I'm asleep through most of them so maybe they do, did you cover all the frequencies in the file or just the high?
Tinnitus Mix covers all frequencies low to very high and many different wave forms and very short pulses. It does not have to match the users tinnitus.

Yes, that's what I mean with head noise.
It's like someone is pouring sand on a glass plate but way louder and coming from the back of my head and not maskable.
I even hear it over the shower.
This head noise hasn't come back since listening to David's sound file which is great.
I am so happy for you!! It's great to just hear silence and quiet!!

Yea I can tell you exactly what that is, tinnitus operates mainly in the ultrasonic range, only the parts that are below 20,000 Hertz do you hear with your ears. The parts in the ultrasonic range you FEEL as vibrations.

Is that normal? I've also been getting weird random spikes and it's starting to worry me.
Also when the Tinnitus Mix start to affect your tinnitus frequency, some perceive their tinnitus is louder but it actually is just lowered in frequency and now the ears can hear it. But if you get a spike that is not bearable you should stop and it will return to normal.

I am so happy for you!! It's great to just hear silence and quiet!!
Well don't get me wrong but I'm still having tinnitus in both ears, left more then right but the episodes of head tinnitus are gone for now.
My high pitched tinnitus is lower then usually yes but I am not hearing silence and quiet, but hopefully we all will one day...

I was surprised with all the tinnitus Apps that Apple has, 20-30 I would guess. Some free and some you have to purchase. My tinnitus is a very annoying low pitched hiss with some static. It is hard to tell if it's ears or head.

Well don't get me wrong but I'm still having tinnitus in both ears, left more then right but the episodes of head tinnitus are gone for now.
My high pitched tinnitus is lower then usually yes but I am not hearing silence and quiet, but hopefully we all will one day...
I have had a few Tinnitus Mix users take 2 months to knock it out but most 3 weeks. I have had a few users just take 1 day, wish everyone just took one day!!!

Also when the Tinnitus Mix start to affect your tinnitus frequency, some perceive their tinnitus is louder but it actually is just lowered in frequency and now the ears can hear it. But if you get a spike that is not bearable you should stop and it will return to normal.
It seems to be helping but I was just being cautious. I may take a break for a week or two and then start again. Will that still work?

Last edited:
I think a lot has to do with the initial anxiety, it makes you focus more on your tinnitus.

I started noticing a real difference at around five days I think.

For me it's day 11 today, tinnitus still there but low and no head tinnitus since a week.
Yesterday I had a very short fleeting tinnitus episode. Normally lingers for a few hours but left after a minute this time.
When your tinnitus starts changing that is a good indication it is about to leave.

name rem 2.PNG

Hello gorzakus,

It's good to hear this is producing positive results for you. I stopped the test after the 3rd night. I don't know exactly why I decided to stop it. Maybe it was fear of my tinnitus getting worse or the huge spike I had on the second day and the inability to listen to the mix at any volume due to discomfort even though I don't suffer much from H. I felt like it was causing more irritation the 3rd night than the first two nights when I was trying to sleep so I decided to listen to my body and stop for the time being.

I'm still very interested in trying this again, next time for the suggested 3 weeks straight and document the results.

In the mean time, I have been using the Whist Tinnitus app from the Apple app store during sleep with a specific frequency and pulsed timing with some good results. I plan on continuing using the Whist app for several weeks and see what the results are. I will create a new thread and post the details such as the settings and the results I achieved. However, I am still following this thread.
I have had a few people just put headphones next to their head to get used to the sounds, then they put them on after a few nights.

name rem best.PNG

Well I view society as crazy.
Which is par for the course. Show me a crazy person and I'll show you someone who is always going off on how up is down and black is white, just like the Mad Hatter in Alice in Wonderland.

Not to say nothing you say or do has merit or is just an acceptable "eccentric" lifestyle choice. This is a continuum, not an all or nothing thing. But there's a line you're crossing that should be pretty obvious to the average reader of this thread.

But I get it. You sort of enjoy being seen as crazy. Helps define yourself and make you stand out.

Last edited:
Which is par for the course. Show me a crazy person and I'll show you someone who is always going off on how up is down and black is white, just like the Mad Hatter in Alice in Wonderland.

Not to say nothing you say or do has merit or is just an acceptable "eccentric" lifestyle choice. This is a continuum, not an all or nothing thing. But there's a line you're crossing that should be pretty obvious to the average reader of this thread.

But I get it. You sort of enjoy being seen as crazy. Helps define yourself and make you stand out.
I am a knowledge seeker and simply disseminate said knowledge , I crave to learn every day, my solar house is full of experiments. Since reality is a product of the mind it dwells in, it is impossible for anyone to judge the psych of another.

Why give him a hard time? He is trying to help others for no cost. And he is a benefactor, so he contributed to this forum, unlike some others here.

Show me a crazy person and I'll show you someone who is always going off on how up is down and black is white, just like the Mad Hatter in Alice in Wonderland.
I'm not sure why you're giving @R. David Case such a hard time. If he's crazy, then I'm crazy as well--and proud to be. At least I'm not riding the whole herd instinct of society which often seems to be a matter of going along to get along, no matter how immoral or inhumane that course might be. I feel I have too much integrity for that.

Regarding society being crazy, well, I hold similar views. For many years now, I've perceptualized the culture we live in as the "Great Social Lie". We live in a culture where people are racist, and don't even realize they're racist; where people are greedy, and don't realize their greedy; where aggressive values of anger and manipulative values of propaganda get chalked up as being decisive, effective leadership. -- And spiritual values of kindness, respect, and empathy are often portrayed or insinuated to be wimpy or out of touch with reality. I believe the society we live in clearly reflects your own words, where "up is down and black is white".

I myself would love to meet R. David, and visit with him on his land. His openess to new and innovative ways of thinking--along with those who think and act similarly--will always be criticized by those who prefer an unruffled status quo. But meaningful progress is usually only made by a daring few who decide to go outside the norms (and straighjackets) of their culture, and often end up changing things for the better. In fact, it's usually about the only way things change.

^^^ There you go. The start of a Manson or David Koresh style Cult in the making.

reality is a product of the mind it dwells in, it is impossible for anyone to judge the psych of another.

Which is exactly what I would expect someone with your mindset to say.

giphy.gif

Wow, I didn't realize how sensitive I've made my hearing, I've got the slider taped at just over a quarter and am still only listening on 4 bars on my iPhone, looks like I have some work to do on desensitizing my hearing as well.

Cheers Rich
I tested the output volume today with a calibrated sound meter today, I created a seal and put it over the speaker of the Koss.
I had readings from 50 to 58 dB max on volume 3 with the iPhone.
1 week to go.

I'm not sure why you're giving @R. David Case such a hard time. If he's crazy, then I'm crazy as well--and proud to be. At least I'm not riding the whole herd instinct of society which often seems to be a matter of going along to get along, no matter how immoral or inhumane that course might be. I feel I have too much integrity for that.

Regarding society being crazy, well, I hold similar views. For many years now, I've perceptualized the culture we live in as the "Great Social Lie". We live in a culture where people are racist, and don't even realize they're racist; where people are greedy, and don't realize their greedy; where aggressive values of anger and manipulative values of propaganda get chalked up as being decisive, effective leadership. -- And spiritual values of kindness, respect, and empathy are often portrayed or insinuated to be wimpy or out of touch with reality. I believe the society we live in clearly reflects your own words, where "up is down and black is white".

I myself would love to meet R. David, and visit with him on his land. His openess to new and innovative ways of thinking--along with those who think and act similarly--will always be criticized by those who prefer an unruffled status quo. But meaningful progress is usually only made by a daring few who decide to go outside the norms (and straighjackets) of their culture, and often end up changing things for the better. In fact, it's usually about the only way things change.
Thank you so much for coming to my defense, there is so much bitterness here and negativity. You are like a bright light of passionate reasoning and I totally agree with you. But you know now @GlennS will come after you...lol

Because they think you are a scam and they are tired of scams. There is no limit to preying on the hopes of the desperate in this world. I say that without personal comments on your theories.
I am not a scammer, I give the the Tinnitus Mix away for free and if you had read the posts then you would have seen people are getting good results. Everything I post is true and accurate.

Why give him a hard time? He is trying to help others for no cost. And he is a benefactor, so he contributed to this forum, unlike some others here.
He just wants to stop me from helping people. I know there are a lot of medical people as members of other tinnitus groups and will try to shut down any free tinnitus cure. That's why Europe made my test group secret and to get in they must allow the moderators to be friended and they go through the person's page to make sure they are not medical people. They said those types try to steer the group toward their goals and not the group's goals.

I tested the output volume today with a calibrated sound meter today, I created a seal and put it over the speaker of the Koss.
I had readings from 50 to 58 dB max on volume 3 with the iPhone.
1 week to go.
So you already have used this for two weeks? And still no head tinnitus?

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now