I'm Not Committing Suicide. I'm Being Murdered by Merciless Tinnitus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@JohnAdams if what you're saying is correct and this Fx shit has been used on 16 people, surely one of them would have blabbed if it cured their T. I'm assuming at least one of them is aware of our existence on this forum?

My fear is that there are so many deaf people running around with no T. I meet them regularly. I literally find myself cosying up to every fucker with a hearing aid and after a bit of warm up chat dropping the bomb, 'do you get the ringing?' And every single one so far has said no. And I chat up a lot of them, like every day. I'm fucking obsessed, like stalking them. If I see a hearing aid I'm on it.
Probably wouldn't blab about it. That is a SERIOUS felony. Even if it is on an anonymous forum. Most people with tinnitus aren't on t talk. We are a small population of people from across the world.

Probably wouldn't blab about it. That is a SERIOUS felony. Even if it is on an anonymous forum. Most people with tinnitus aren't on t talk. We are a small population of people from across the world.
I don't think a felony, but certainly a breach of any NDA they may have signed which would open them up to a large lawsuit.

I am sitting here in a quiet room and my head is full of electrical pulsating noise. I am with you Allan and everyone else on this forum that suffers badly. Tinnitus destroys our existence. It is no longer a life to be enjoyed. I however or at least for now will just have to see this hellish life through. I wish for a cure or some medication to switch off this noise for all of us.

I'm shit scared to do it.

Every night I ask God to take me in my sleep or fix it for me or at least make it better.

I was never cut out for this world. Always said wrong soul in the wrong body in the wrong time and now I'm destined to see out my days with this shit in my head.

Looking forward to the day it's over, as long as its quick painless and I'm not around to see it coming.

It'll be over with one day.

I hear you Allan.

I think we are the same age (51). -- I dread another 40 years with this beast but just take it a day at a time.

@Aussie Lea I noticed that you previously had bridge work done. Is there anything going on in your mouth at this time such as a burning mouth, TMJ or facial influence? How much hearing loss do you have? I have about 100 research links on this subject saved that also include dental discussions by dentist on the oral cavity. This all can be complicated, but there are various home treatments to try. I be willing to work with you on this using saved research.

Just for starters:
https://www.healingteethnaturally.com/index.php?q=dental-bridges-placement-risks-complications.html

My fear is that there are so many deaf people running around with no T
I have HF hearing loss, neck problems, and severe tinnitus. It some cases it may be more somatic caused. @Greg Sacramento would have more wisdom on this. I wish I knew which one, or if it is both in my case. ENT's keep telling me it's sensorineural hearing loss caused, but I still wonder as I have had neck problems for a long time.

These links talk about cervical tinnitus:

https://www.hear-it.org/Severe-tinnitus-after-head-and-neck-injuries

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/how-do-you-fix-poor-posture.25783/#post-302811

Last edited:
I hear you Allan.

I think we are the same age (51). -- I dread another 40 years with this beast but just take it a day at a time.
I'm 51 too @John Meyers. I'll probably not last that long John. I'm a heavy cigar smoker (inhaler) when I suffer like this.......so I predict heart disease or cancer will get me first.

@Aussie Lea I noticed that you previously had bridge work done. Is there anything going on in your mouth at this time such as a burning mouth, TMJ or facial influence? How much hearing loss do you have? I have about 100 research links on this subject saved that also include dental discussions by dentist on the oral cavity. This all can be complicated, but there are various home treatments to try. I be willing to work with you on this using saved research.

Just for starters:
https://www.healingteethnaturally.com/index.php?q=dental-bridges-placement-risks-complications.html

Greg did you say there is a specific hospitalisation protocol for tinnitus?
Sorry if I'm wrong, maybe it wasn't you.

Hi Valeri: There is for sudden hearing loss tinnitus, but it's rarely used as it requires inpatient stay for a week. Drugs are given by injection and IV therapy. NFL players that get physical tinnitus from injury have a hospital protocol. There are some healthcare advisory online medical consultants for doctors now available, but doctors often see that as a time issue.

For us, if it's not healthcare time needed to be spent, it's lack of healthcare teamwork, it's costs, it's insurance and it's all about profits at our disadvantage.

Hi Valeri: There is for sudden hearing loss tinnitus, but it's rarely used as it requires inpatient stay for a week. Drugs are given by injection and IV therapy. NFL players that get physical tinnitus from injury have a hospital protocol. There are some healthcare advisory online medical consultants for doctors now available, but doctors often see that as a time issue.

For us, if it's not healthcare time needed to be spent, it's lack of healthcare teamwork, it's costs, it's insurance and it's all about profits at our disadvantage.
Maybe this is the reason all those celebs with tinnitus are not bothered by it.

What's the success rate of such protocol?

I had posted a link to an article about how someone with sudden hearing loss/tinnitus was admitted into the hospital for a week. Then he was seen daily by outpatient for sometime. He received ear injections, prednisone by IV and lots of other drugs, HBO treatments and oxygen therapy. I had made reference to this a few times, so I don't know there the article is in my history. He was cured.

And yes, the rich and famous with private doctors, prime ministers and NFL players get hospitalization. Captain Kirk did in Santa Rosa.

This makes me so angry. My doctor completely made light of my issue when I showed up five days after acoustic trauma, ten long months ago. Disgusting.

I had posted a link to an article about how someone with sudden hearing loss/tinnitus was admitted into the hospital for a week. Then he was seen daily by outpatient for sometime. He received ear injections, prednisone by IV and lots of other drugs, HBO treatments and oxygen therapy. I had made reference to this a few times, so I don't know there the article is in my history. He was cured.

And yes, the rich and famous with private doctors, prime ministers and NFL players get hospitalization. Captain Kirk did in Santa Rosa.

I heard about these protocols, but wasn't sure how true or wide spread they are.
If there are any standartized Tinnitus procedures, that can reverse it (aside from the Prednisone), they need to be known and available to the rest of us.

What pisses me of the most is that this would indicate, they are indeed WELL AWARE how crippling and debilitating Tinnitus can be...
I guess Tinnitus is only "not that big of a deal", if you don't have a movie star type of wallet...:(

When Tinnitus is severe you do hear it all of the time.
When Tinnitus is catastrophic, mention of it is obviously not catastrophising.
Severity - volume - intensity - etc....
is the difference.
Yup. HOLY crap is there ever a big difference between quiet vs loud tinnitus.

I know I'm only 17, but can I be euthanized? I'm not much of a quitter but sometimes I feel ready to go.
I literally want to apply to the euthanasia clinic in Switzerland. But obviously my parents wouldn't give me the $10,000 fee and I can't ask them that or I'd be hospitalized.

Last edited:
When I first acquired T in 1992 it was immediate after an audiology test. Yes, really. Who knows what she did, I'd had slight hearing loss but no T prior to this. I was admitted to Hospital for a week and given oxygen therapy. Administered as it would be for a bomb blast victim. It had zero effect on T though. I curse the day I went for that test. Just my luck to meet with Rhiannon!
@valeri

hi I am considering hypnosis to treat my tinnitus and anxiety linked to it, I have habituated for the most part but still have bad days and anxiety ALWAYS can you tell me about your experience and how it helped? Thank you

Hi Dg - my wife was a clinical hypnotherapist.
She is now retired. My tinnitus became severe nearly five years ago, and I was struggling greatly.
She helped me very much with deep relaxation by 'putting me out' and giving me positive suggestions to help to maintain a sense of calm.

However, hypnosis can not cure Tinnitus.

What has helped me the most is doing a daily self hypnosis period every morning.
I lay in a warm bath - hear (but not listen to) my tinnitus, practice my breathing method, and drift off into a hypnotic doze, where I feel comfortable and untroubled.
In effect, I am hearing my tinnitus without any stress attached to it.
This needs renewing on a daily basis if it is to help.

Observation I've made, is there any science to back this up? It seems those who are vocal about tinnitus suicide rarely actually commit it. Those who do die by their own hand seem to not post about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now