I'm Not Committing Suicide. I'm Being Murdered by Merciless Tinnitus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The narrator in this film is highly irritating. He doesn't seem to truly want to understand what it's like to suffer deeply.

In fairness to him, most of our families who have seen the immense suffering and loss were enduring on multiple fronts, can't understand why we want to die, so it's hardly surprising this guy can't.

And even if he did, it makes a much more sensationalist piece coming from the outraged angle of 'Belgium are killing people without terminal illnesses!'

I also maintain that there could be very few (and likely very rare) conditions, that could even come close to the horrifying torture of severe Tinnitus.

It is the 24/7 permanency with no way out (except for one) and no relief.
There are literally hundreds of pain medications out there...but not a SINGLE ONE to lower the volume.
Nothing.

The additional pain of being completelly abandoned (and often downplayed, belittled and even ridiculed) by the medical community, coupled with being thought of as bunch of "catastrophising" wimps even by some of our own is just the icing on the cake.

Again, that is a very good analysis of this hell.

Last time I went to my GP it was on referral from my shrink whose letter pissed me off as it read. 'Bam came to me with anxiety and depression.'

Well no I didn't! I came to you because I have screaming tinnitus and it's fucking horrid.

So anyway I got a male doctor who proceeded to laugh at my distress and said cheerily, ' you're just getting old, things go wrong.'

That was 3 months ago. I will never return to a doctor ever again. Im not advocating suicide but I have obtained what I need to peacefully end my life and I would use it in a heartbeat rather than deal with another one of those insensitive c**** over any issue going forward.

And I would rather work my ass off all day on my bike and drink a six pack at night to sleep than take their fucked up useless drugs.

I despise the medical community now. None of them give a shit.

Have you been able to get hold of a certain liquid easily to facilitate the end?

Have you been able to get hold of a certain liquid easily to facilitate the end?

Probably best not to discuss this here but I would say if you're off to Mexico you are well placed to cheaply help yourself avoid leaping off a cliff or all the other awful options our kindly NHS have left us to escape this hell.

Probably best not to discuss this here but I would say if you're off to Mexico you are well placed to cheaply help yourself avoid leaping off a cliff or all the other awful options our kindly NHS have left us to escape this hell.

Would you be able to PM me this info?
Should my Tinnitus ever return to the severe level, I intend to be taking full charge of the situation this time around...instead of playing it's little cat and mouse games.

Right now my safe go-to option is a 12ga shotgun (zero chance of a botched job), but doesn't hurt to have "cleaner" options available as well.

I really don't know... The pain is always there in one ear and it radiates to the jaw. I don't know if it's an issue with a nerve or if it's because of hyperacusis.
I feel a disaster, really the tinnitus it's way too loud and the pain It's debilitating me day by day.

I really don't know... The pain is always there in one ear and it radiates to the jaw. I don't know if it's an issue with a nerve or if it's because of hyperacusis.
I feel a disaster, really the tinnitus it's way too loud and the pain It's debilitating me day by day.
Could be a TMJ issue....try a good osteopath or a chiropractor...preferably both.

My noise went through the roof after falling asleep and awakening....brutal noise. Neither man nor beast should have to endure this torment.

I know I'm only 17, but can I be euthanized? I'm not much of a quitter but sometimes I feel ready to go.
I have thought about this but I think a doctor needs to approve it and being a resident from one of the states that has it legalized.

I know I'm only 17, but can I be euthanized? I'm not much of a quitter but sometimes I feel ready to go.

Dignitas in Switzerland will not allow euthanasia for tinnitus.
They are very understanding and sympathetic to the suffering but finding a physician who will do it based on tinnitus only would be extremely hard if not impossible.
There's a better chance to be approved based on mental issues.

Even in Mexico it's not easy!

I think it's fairly straightforward Valeri. I even hear of people who have managed to secure what they need from Mexico even in the U.K. and Oz. The pph has the details.

As a side note our healthcare providers should be fucking ashamed of themselves that we are driven to this.

But I have zero faith in them and know that they and my 'family' and 'friends' - whatever that means in this existential hell- would cheerily leave me in this dark hole with only bullshit platitudes and hollow encouragement for years.....as you yourself have proven. For which i'm truly sorry.

It's disgusting.

I think it's fairly straightforward Valeri. I even hear of people who have managed to secure what they need from Mexico even in the U.K. and Oz. The pph has the details.

As a side note our healthcare providers should be fucking ashamed of themselves that we are driven to this.

But I have zero faith in them and know that they and my 'family' and 'friends' - whatever that means in this existential hell- would cheerily leave me in this dark hole with only bullshit platitudes and hollow encouragement for years.....as you yourself have proven. For which i'm truly sorry.

It's disgusting.

Can you please pm me?

It's disgusting.
PPH?

Dignitas in Switzerland will not allow euthanasia for tinnitus.
They are very understanding and sympathetic to the suffering but finding a physician who will do it based on tinnitus only would be extremely hard if not impossible.
There's a better chance to be approved based on mental issues.

I wonder how many Tinnitus sufferers were forced to lie and pretend mental issues, just so they can make a peacefull exit.

Not offering a cure is one thing...but not offering a dignified way out is criminal.

We still live in barbaric dark ages filled with hipocrisy, where every politician seems to be concerned about suffering of death row killers and rapists, but nobody has issues with good people being tortured to death in the most brutal inhumane way possible.

Being left with no other option, than to do it themselves with the risk of botching the job and becoming crippled on top of Tinnitus is an insult to common sense.

The euthanasia debate for severe tinnitus sufferers needs to be opened...maybe right here on Tinnitus Talk.

I wonder how many Tinnitus sufferers were forced to lie and pretend mental issues, just so they can make a peacefull exit.

Not offering a cure is one thing...but not offering a dignified way out is criminal.

We still live in barbaric dark ages filled with hipocrisy, where every politician seems to be concerned about suffering of death row killers and rapists, but nobody has issues with good people being tortured to death in the most brutal inhumane way possible.

Being left with no other option, than to do it themselves with the risk of botching the job and becoming crippled on top of Tinnitus is an insult to common sense.

The euthanasia debate for severe tinnitus sufferers needs to be opened...maybe right here on Tinnitus Talk.
I look forward to this interview @Hazel will be doing in December.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...uestions-for-interview-with-her-mother.32195/

The Peaceful pill handbook.

This is something I was entirely unacquainted with until I realised the abject horror of my situation.....the realisation that not only am I lumped with this horrendous disease but the entire world who doesn't suffer from it thinks I'm a fucking drama queen.

Even my own 'family' have in effect been brainwashed by the 'literature' pumped out by the NHS and swallowed whole the 'habituation works for everyone' propaganda and have effectively turned on me.

Everything from stop being so depressing, to outright anger and insults. This hostility and disbelief from my own family has made me realise that I am truly alone, i can trust nobody. And nobody will help me should my T develop in to an even uglier monster or severe hyperacusis and I am completely unable to work like @Telis.

My choices then will be reduced to hanging, jumping, standing in front of a train or soldiering on by begging on the street in abject misery, pining for the life I lost overnight to tinnitus.

Thus while I still have some financial backing I have been forced to be pragmatic and ensure that at the very least I can grant myself the gift of a humane end.

Only those amongst you who suffer at the extreme end of the spectrum will understand this and I don't condone you doing the same but ask yourself this....if you are single, middle aged with no family to speak of and you fall flat on your arse and are left with nothing but screaming tinnitus, where are you going to turn?!! Who is going to help you?!?

Doctors?!? ENT's?!? The BTA?!? A shrink?!? Dignitas?!?

Forget it! You're just depressed remember. Other people cope fine......It's all in your head.

The Peaceful pill handbook.

This is something I was entirely unacquainted with until I realised the abject horror of my situation.....the realisation that not only am I lumped with this horrendous disease but the entire world who doesn't suffer from it thinks I'm a fucking drama queen.

Even my own 'family' have in effect been brainwashed by the 'literature' pumped out by the NHS and swallowed whole the 'habituation works for everyone' propaganda and have effectively turned on me.

Everything from stop being so depressing, to outright anger and insults. This hostility and disbelief from my own family has made me realise that I am truly alone, i can trust nobody. And nobody will help me should my T develop in to an even uglier monster or severe hyperacusis and I am completely unable to work like @Telis.

My choices then will be reduced to hanging, jumping, standing in front of a train or soldiering on by begging on the street in abject misery, pining for the life I lost overnight to tinnitus.

Thus while I still have some financial backing I have been forced to be pragmatic and ensure that at the very least I can grant myself the gift of a humane end.

Only those amongst you who suffer at the extreme end of the spectrum will understand this and I don't condone you doing the same but ask yourself this....if you are single, middle aged with no family to speak of and you fall flat on your arse and are left with nothing but screaming tinnitus, where are you going to turn?!! Who is going to help you?!?

Doctors?!? ENT's?!? The BTA?!? A shrink?!? Dignitas?!?

Forget it! You're just depressed remember. Other people cope fine......It's all in your head.

Yes, that confirms what I thought you were referring to.
Again, you summarise our shared extreme misery. I am obviously in that same awful category but agree it shouldn't be condoned for a lesser sufferer. However, for someone in the extreme the understanding is full.

Bam my T is off the scale today, I have no idea why, horrendous.
I have a spare room, if you ever find yourself that destitute then I will try to help you x
@Bam

Eve you are a sweetheart. I am doing everything in my power to fight on. It's so sad that severe T as a disability is simply not understood by the vast majority of people.xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now