Inner Ear Hair Cell Regeneration — Maybe We Can Know More

Hi! My name is Yan. 30 years old male, with a lenghty tinnitus, hearing loss and other hearing problems. I just registered last night to tell that I spent few hours and i DID read this whole thread. I am amazed by the posts from here, especially from Fernando Gil, Nick J. and his father, attheedgeofthescience and few other folks. Your stories and live blogging from facilities in Ibiza, Norway and China have inspired me. And I feel they gave me hope. I want to thank you for sharing all this here. And I am so thankful that I found this forum and this thread. I am currently at work and will tell about myself in more details some time later when I get home. I wanted to ask you a lot of questions about LLLT and, possibly, SC. I am now seriously considering it. I live in Los Angeles, USA. I will write you later.

Thank you so much for doing it! Your actions bring hope and, at least, maybe temporary, but emotional relief!

And by the way, GenVec, the company actively discussed here with possible phase 1/2 trials. Its stock price suddenly jumped today to 23%! Something good is happening at the company. Hopefully it is health related.
genvec.png

Drugmakers have a slew of treatments for afflictions related to sex and drugs. Now they may have one for rock 'n' roll.

Novartis AG (NOVN) is developing a gene therapy that may reverse hearing loss by stimulating the regrowth of microscopic hair cells in the inner ear, allowing people to hear. The hairs are destroyed by prolonged exposure to loud noise, and don't take root again naturally. Novartis treated the first patient in October after successful tests on rats.

Full story here...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-...e-drives-hearing-loss-drug-search-health.html

Hi! My name is Yan. 30 years old male, with a lenghty tinnitus, hearing loss and other hearing problems. I just registered last night to tell that I spent few hours and i DID read this whole thread. I am amazed by the posts from here, especially from Fernando Gil, Nick J. and his father, attheedgeofthescience and few other folks. Your stories and live blogging from facilities in Ibiza, Norway and China have inspired me. And I feel they gave me hope. I want to thank you for sharing all this here. And I am so thankful that I found this forum and this thread. I am currently at work and will tell about myself in more details some time later when I get home. I wanted to ask you a lot of questions about LLLT and, possibly, SC. I am now seriously considering it. I live in Los Angeles, USA. I will write you later.

Thank you so much for doing it! Your actions bring hope and, at least, maybe temporary, but emotional relief!
Welcome

Interesting Read from the Hearing Health Foundation about same findings of different research group
concerning hair cell regeneration
http://hearinghealthfoundation.org/blog?blogid=115
Interesting. However, it is already known that these supporting cells can transform to hair cells and the wuestion is HOW to do that in human beings. Haven't they find one way do it in mice already with atoh1?
Back and forward we go, I think it is old news, they just want to further investigate different ways to do it, perhaps find the best one.
Not bad news of course, just not groundbreaking.

I can see how ear hair cell regeneration might help people avoid developing tinnitus but once the brain has developed the T from the hearing loss, will the return of the signal work? I always thought it was the hearing loss triggering the tinnitus but once triggered, can we be sure regaining hearing will cause the T to go away.

That said it all sounds promising!

Well, since no one fixed the bad ears yet, you cannot know can you? My thinking is that when the damaged part (ear) is fixed, the rest will naturally return in its previous condition even if it takes some time. It is only logical.

I can see how ear hair cell regeneration might help people avoid developing tinnitus but once the brain has developed the T from the hearing loss, will the return of the signal work? I always thought it was the hearing loss triggering the tinnitus but once triggered, can we be sure regaining hearing will cause the T to go away.

That said it all sounds promising!
The way I've read about it is that it seems if the damage is repaired then that part of your hearing will be stimulated again & thus there won't be the 'need' for you brain to 'self stimulate' & misfire, causing our tinnitus.

The way I've read about it is that it seems if the damage is repaired then that part of your hearing will be stimulated again & thus there won't be the 'need' for you brain to 'self stimulate' & misfire, causing our tinnitus.
I think this is all speculative, and a big "if". It's known that over time, tinnitus causes various structural changes, and the wiring that creates it gets well established outside of the auditory apparatus. So, whether or not you can really get that to reverse over time just by manipulating the auditory apparatus, seems iffy at best to me.

On the other hand, mirror therapy for phantom limb (http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=88097) does seem to work, and that's operating on a similar principle.

Hmmm, not sure if anyone has noticed, but they changed the slogan from a cure in 10 years to a cure in our lifetime. This is both the hhf.org and the stanford cure for hearing loss. I also looked at an old article from when they first started at stanford from 2005 and they were saying 5 or 10 years out. Hmmmm, the 5 year mark passed and 10 year mark just hit and now we are saying lifetime. I think it really is harder than they thought. There have been many breakthroughs in the past couple of years and things keep advancing so I'm going to remain hopeful. I really do think they need more funding from their side to make things happen quicker, but I'm not sure what any of us can do at this point. My small contribution was probably just a drop in a very large bucket.

This is not good, but may mean nothing. They couldn't know more than even researches do know. And the last don't have a clue. Perhaps the 5-10 years was too arbitrary. In our lifetime is general, an old person about 70s or 80s is 10 years or even less apart...
What is my main concern is the interests behind the medicine. I keep reading (here too by certain individuals who spread the probably falls rumor) that curing T efforts (AM-101, Gene therapies etc) are not promising while drugs like Autiphony are more promising. Why is that? Why do certain people keep posting that they (who?) are not so hopeful about therapies but are more hopeful toward pills?
Perhaps because pills may have only temporary effect and are meant to be taken for a lifetime while therapies are one time for good?
Perhaps great interests are behind? As always pharmaceutical companies look to gain more.

I don't know people, be ware, we keep reading about breakthroughs in mice, and then when the research is put to practice, no more news are heart of. Like pharmaceutical companies sabotage the cure! Could be, in the vain world we live.

Hi Yan I am Mario from Mexico, English is not my mother tounge so sorry if I make mistakes writing, my T started on december the 30 2014 , I did 7 sessions LLLT just 2 weeks ago, at Dr. Wilden office in Ibiza, I traveled since I did not find a trusted LLLT clinic here in Mexico or in the US.
I am deaf from my left ear since I was 7 due to mups, LLLT was done to booth ears for 7 days, it improved my audition in the right one and it seems that is recovering the left one after 40 years of not hearing ( I am 47 years), I bought the portable device for home, audiograms shows that left ear is recovering.
my T is still but it seems softer, I cover my ears with ear plugs or with noise redution headphones, even in quite enviroments, it seems tha silent is medice for my ears.
In my opinion LLLT is a very good option, I have read that for some people has worked for the Tinnitus, for others has not, and for others improved it.
In my case until now every points out that has improved , altought is still there but softer.

Mario Bolivar

are you promoting the product .. stop it please every poston this laser treatment is a person w poor english. man people are suffering here if your really from maxiCo send me your number

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now