• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

I still have no news whatsoever from Neuromod after their initial reply from August 2nd and that's after multiple enquiries. I applied in last July! This is utterly ridiculous. There should not be a business that cannot/does not have enough staff to reply to e-mails in several months (if ever), and yes, I did check my spam.

I still have no news whatsoever from Neuromod after their initial reply from August 2nd and that's after multiple enquiries. I applied in last July! This is utterly ridiculous. There should not be a business that cannot/does not have enough staff to reply to e-mails in several months (if ever), and yes, I did check my spam.
Send them another email or call them. They're open right now so they should answer.

Anyone on Tinnitus Talk doing Lenire and taking benzodiazepines daily?

I would like to know if taking this type of medication potentially disqualifies from being eligible for Lenire. Or, if it doesn't disqualify, if the medication makes Lenire less effective.

Thank you.

I have sent an email to Neuromod asking about this, anyway. We may know the answer soon.

My appointment is in April. I'd like to see more real world data, as my opinion has been swayed,plus I'm concerned about any worsening as 2 years,down the line,I'm coping better with this awful torture.

In the last few months I've had my final appointment with Neuromod, packed up my life in the UK and moved back out to New Zealand to pick up where I left off about a year ago.

During this time I'd not touched my device very much at all and due to a significant spike (for reasons unrelated to Neuromod) I've not touched it again quite recently.

HOWEVER, once I'd settled back in over here I got stuck into the treatment doing two 30 minute sessions a day. For the first time since I took up the treatment, I experienced two individual windows of almost silence in the same week as continuing the treatment.

I'd say for me, this is evidence enough that the treatment can have a positive effect. I've never experienced moments of quiet like that throughout the last year, which would suggest the likelihood of it being a coincidence to be very slim.

The other thing I'd like to add is the way my tinnitus behaves on the newest program. During the sessions my tinnitus fluctuates and "reacts" with momentary spikes and changes in tone/frequency. This is something that's not happened with any other program that Neuromod applied to my device. This further reinforces what Neuromod say about finding the right settings for each person... it is a matter of trial and error but you'll know once you're there!

Unfortunately due to my own negligence and changes in tinnitus following on from very long flights, my commitment to the treatment has wavered. I fully intend to get back on top of this but have some habituating to do first!
I think taking a break from it and starting over might be a good move. Dr. O'Neill said that we habituate to the treatment at six weeks hence why it's less effective thereafter. So taking a break and starting over might be worth a try as seems to be your experience.

wonder when a knock-off version of Lenire will hit the market. It's bound to happen eventually.
image.png

I just wanted to thank @hans799 for his Lenire user review yesterday. I had tears in my eyes when I was reading the review from Redknight, now also tears in my eyes when I read yours. Those two words, "Lenire works", that's all I need right now. I began to doubt after so much negativity in this thread. But now I believe again and I don't think it's going to change. So let me just say this - köszönöm!

When the patent expires I'd say. If it's scientifically proven to work (post peer review and all) I'd still buy the real thing. Credit where credit is due...
Yeah, if it is shown to work I would have to get one.

Must admit though that I haven't been that impressed so far. However, I'm not following it really closely.

I just wanted to thank @hans799 for his Lenire user review yesterday. I had tears in my eyes when I was reading the review from Redknight, now also tears in my eyes when I read yours. Those two words, "Lenire works", that's all I need right now. I began to doubt after so much negativity in this thread. But now I believe again and I don't think it's going to change. So let me just say this - köszönöm!
Signed up just to say this. These positive user reviews and specifically hans799's are such a fresh and welcome optimistic breath of air.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now