• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

You know what? I just noticed something.

A lot of people are claiming to have met someone in the lobby who had good results.

To the people who tried Lenire and met someone in the lobby who had good results, was this person an elderly lady?
Time for the old lady conspiracy!

Apart from that, are they following their patients long term to collect more data? Because that's the only explanation I have for her to be at the clinic right now if she got her tinnitus cured with the trial.

A lot of people are claiming to have met someone in the lobby who had good results.

To the people who tried Lenire and met someone in the lobby who had good results, was this person an elderly lady?
I thought it was an open secret that there's a little old lady wondering around Neuromod telling people that she's cured?

And then there's those people in the waiting room that have had great success with Lenire.

It's only the people on Tinnitus Talk that have had shit results.

Just our luck I suppose.

HAVE MY TONGUE TIP, GOOD BOY. IT SERVED ME WELL.
83565358ee1f2b2f59ef9ff91c9216ab.jpg

I went in for my assessment today. Nothing too much of note to add. They pretty much confirmed our analysis that a small number have game changing response, the majority of positive responders have that can't put my finger on it but it is a bit better response and about 30% non-responders.

My tinnitus was super low today like a 1 in 10 day event, I almost felt guilty going in, and the MML was 54. Interestingly my hearing has substantially recover from the viral event. I had a notch at 6 kHz of around 55 dB and now 9 months after the attack and 7 months after my last ENT / audiologist exam is it now up to 35 dB. Pretty crazy difference and I'll take it as a good sign.

I asked about when they would be publish the study result. They said they'd get back in touch with me

Lol :)

Seriously I swear on what's left of my ears that it was true. A gentleman in his late 50s... definitely not an old witch!

I thought it was an open secret that there's a little old lady wondering around Neuromod telling people that she's cured?

And then there's those people in the waiting room that have had great success with Lenire.

It's only the people on Tinnitus Talk that have had shit results.

Just our luck I suppose.
The people on Tinnitus Talk cry like little girls when they find out that Lenire doesn't miraculously cure them after 3 weeks. Then they want to give up on the treatment and call it a failure. I rest my case.

Time for the old lady conspiracy!

Apart from that, are they following their patients long term to collect more data? Because that's the only explanation I have for her to be at the clinic right now if she got her tinnitus cured with the trial.
Lol.

Actually it was me who asked her first if she is using Lenire and only then she told her story. It's not that she approached me with her success story.

I went in for my assessment today. Nothing too much of note to add. They pretty much confirmed our analysis that a small number have game changing response, the majority of positive responders have that can't put my finger on it but it is a bit better response and about 30% non-responders.

My tinnitus was super low today like a 1 in 10 day event, I almost felt guilty going in, and the MML was 54. Interestingly my hearing has substantially recover from the viral event. I had a notch at 6 kHz of around 55 dB and now 9 months after the attack and 7 months after my last ENT / audiologist exam is it now up to 35 dB. Pretty crazy difference and I'll take it as a good sign.

I asked about when they would be publish the study result. They said they'd get back in touch with me
Huh. If it really is 30% non-responders then my numbers were spot on.

Lol :)
Seriously I swear on what's left of my ears that it was true. A gentleman in his late 50s... definitely not an old witch!
Come on, please! If that was true we would be dealing with old school con artists then.
This is the old lady at Neuromod telling people she had a reduction.
Yeah, Dr. Ross O'Neill let her pet his cats as a payment for being all day at Neuromod premises pretending she was cured.
My tinnitus was super low today like a 1 in 10 day event, I almost felt guilty going in, and the MML was 54.
MML 54 is a lot for a super low tinnitus day, mate. I consider that a rather loud volume.
. They pretty much confirmed our analysis that a small number have game changing response, the majority of positive responders have that can't put my finger on it but it is a bit better response and about 30% non-responders.
Do you mean they are somehow aware of the treatment not being that successful?

Do you mean they are somehow aware of the treatment not being that successful?
I think it is consistent with their understanding of the device. They have made it very clear from the beginning that this not a cure. Rather this makes it a bit better for those that it works for. For me if it could make that 54 MML into a 46 it would probably make a large quality of life difference for me while still being too loud to really mask in day to day activities.

Does the THI really mean anything?
Not when you're talking about small fluctuations. Habituation (mentioned upstream) can easily reduce your THI all by itself without the underlying tinnitus volume going down. That's why, again, I just can't classify those wishy-washy user-reports as "improvers". Falling back on strawmanning as people are doing YET again that skeptics are asking for cures is so frustrating. There's a wide range of improvement above indeterminate/placebo and below a full cure that we're not seeing. I really do think all the evangelists should put their money where their keyboards are and see if they feel it's worth it afterwards. It's a lot easier to evangelize when you haven't put your time and money into something. Paper tigers.

I have put my money down - and am about to splash yet more cash on replacing the tonguetip - and as you'll have seen from my other posts, I'm firmly in the 'no improvement / placebo at best' group. It feels like my tinnitus is armour-plated against this treatment.

Not when you're talking about small fluctuations. Habituation (mentioned upstream) can easily reduce your THI all by itself without the underlying tinnitus volume going down. That's why, again, I just can't classify those wishy-washy user-reports as "improvers". Falling back on strawmanning as people are doing YET again that skeptics are asking for cures is so frustrating. There's a wide range of improvement above indeterminate/placebo and below a full cure that we're not seeing. I really do think all the evangelists should put their money where their keyboards are and see if they feel it's worth it afterwards. It's a lot easier to evangelize when you haven't put your time and money into something. Paper tigers.
I agree with everything you're saying here Glenn, however, people evidently are putting their money where their keyboards are and heading for treatment. That does make critique difficult.

Something I want to say again about TFI is that it's our biggest enemy in my view. It clouds so much of the data. It can create a situation where someone like @Mentos arrives at Neuromod for review on a day when he's having louder tinnitus (measurably so in MML) than when he was initially checked, and yet, if the TFI is slightly better on that particular day, the treatment may be recorded as an overall success. It's crazy.

I forgot to mention, the other thing the THI does is tell the snake oilists who is about to sell you their "treatment" how desperate you are. It states on the from "my tinnitus is making me feel desperate." or something along those lines.

About people who are complaining in regards to Tinnitus Talk members getting upset for lack of results, they are spending large sums of $$ and not getting what is expected. I would be pissed too.
HAVE MY TONGUE TIP, GOOD BOY. IT SERVED ME WELL. View attachment 34662
The snake oil lady :D:D:LOL::LOL:

people evidently are putting their money where their keyboards are and heading for treatment.
Sure. People like @ruud1boy who have a realistic sense of what it's done for them. The most passionate Lenire spin-doctors in this thread are actually misrepresenting people like @ruud1boy's experiences from the sidelines while giving no indication they will follow through on their evangelism by paying for the thing. It's hard for me to take that kind of rhetoric seriously. They have no skin in the game.

Sure. People like @ruud1boy who have a realistic sense of what it's done for them. The most passionate Lenire spin-doctors in this thread are actually misrepresenting people like @ruud1boy's experiences from the sidelines while giving no indication they will follow through on their evangelism by paying for the thing. It's hard for me to take that kind of rhetoric seriously. They have no skin in the game.
Now you're just being blatantly dishonest. Who in this thread said that he was responding? He's a non responder regrettably. Not only are you making strawmen now Glenn, you are inventing the whole f***ing corn field.
About people who are complaining in regards to Tinnitus Talk members getting upset for lack of results, they are spending large sums of $$ and not getting what is expected
Depends on what you expect. If you're expecting life changing dramatic results then yeah you're probably going to feel cheated. As @threefirefour said if you want to take the edge off then this might be for you.

Please show where someone has misrepresented ruud1boy's experience. Or are you making things up as usual?
Correction. He was in the no-change category so it's not him in particular. This is going to become a useless time-suck if we need to go in and scrutinize each and every end-user report. Like I said before. I'm happy to not argue over this stuff until April. In the meantime I have to say I'm not a huge fan of splitting the discussion between the two threads. I'd rather have a direct dialogue between those reporting in rather than giving shoutouts and hoping they respond over here. As long as they're still active on the forum there's really no need for anyone other than those using Lenire to specify what group they want to be placed in. No need to interpret their postings like it's the dead sea scrolls or anything.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now