• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

I've never seen a city so cashless than Dublin. I mean even the hotel didn't agree to take cash from me! Same for Lenire.

I strongly advise you to carry a card.
I thought them people at Neuromod charged people just 1900€ in those cases when Lenire is paid for in cash...

Anyway, I travel to Dublin quite often and you can move around paying with cash and not using your plastic with absolutely no problems at all.
Really? That's great news. Did you hear about this from Neuromod themselves?
I've heard it first hand from a Lenire user who got his device fitted and given the same day of the first appointment.

I thought them people at Neuromod charged people just 1900€ in those cases when Lenire is paid for in cash...
Paid in cash also includes paying with card.

If you make a payment plan with them and pay in installments, then they charge you more.

Something interesting: I've noticed that sometimes a little after my treatment session some of my somatic elements calm down a little. It doesn't happen every time but it is something I have noticed. They always return pretty quickly to baseline though.

Weird!

Something interesting: I've noticed that sometimes a little after my treatment session some of my somatic elements calm down a little. It doesn't happen every time but it is something I have noticed. They always return pretty quickly to baseline though.

Weird!

Well that's a beginning?!
From the reports I would say that you need at least 6-10 continuous weeks with one stimulation timing to see if it works.
How many elements do you have? Somatic and non-somatic?

Well that's a beginning?!
From the reports I would say that you need at least 6-10 continuous weeks with one stimulation timing to see if it works.
How many elements do you have? Somatic and non-somatic?
I have three main tones, two are somatic one is not as far as I can tell.

My tinnitus will spike if I move my jaw, my neck, my head, if I press behind my ear, if I burp, yawn, rest my head on something... So very somatic lol.

I've noticed that sometimes after treatment these somatic elements aren't as easily triggered.

Hopefully it means something!

Ok, guys, tomorrow is the big day for me. I go to Ireland tomorrow for my assessment. A little excited but also a little nervous about being refused. Wish me luck.

Good luck.

What are you expecting based on the available reviews?
I am still expecting more to get improvements from Lenire than those who don't.

Having said that, there is a very real chance I will get nothing out of this at all so I am going in with the mindset of not expecting anything (so that I won't be disappointed with the results).

We'll see!

Report 1 (summary and detailed) is now available. The purpose of Report 1 is to provide some information on the characteristics of the cohort prior to the commencement of treatment, to provide information about the questionnaire we used and to provide some information on the type of statistical methods and the terminology we will be using in Report 2.
It hasn't been stated enough how awesome this report is. I finally read the whole thing and I am thoroughly impressed by the amount of work it must have taken. Top notch!

I am still expecting more to get improvements from Lenire than those who don't.

Having said that, there is a very real chance I will get nothing out of this at all so I am going in with the mindset of not expecting anything (so that I won't be disappointed with the results).

We'll see!
All the best to you.

How bad is your tinnitus, and is it somatic? Noise-induced hearing loss?

Flop in Italian means failure.

I changed my mind, I had always had fluctuations even before the treatment but I now start to be disappointed.

4 days ago I had the sounds of bells, wind and rumble in my head. Loud tinnitus in the right ear. I am tired of these fluctuations.

At the moment my tinnitus Is identical to that of how it was in September.
Hey @Lucky97, did your tinnitus settle back down? Wishing you the best.

All the best to you.

How bad is your tinnitus, and is it somatic? Noise-induced hearing loss?
Thanks! Much appreciated.

My hearing starts to roll off quite badly after 8kHz in my left ear, likely noise-induced from headphones too loud. Although I also had a severe case of labyrinthitis (lasting >4 weeks) a few years ago which may have contributed.

I have very high pitched tinnitus in my left ear in line with the damage (multiple tones 8kHz and up) which I can hear almost all of the time, though the tones aren't generally too intrusive. Maybe I'd rate it at the lower end of moderate (always difficult right when you can't be inside someone else's head to compare!).

Some tones are very somatic in that I can almost make them disappear completely via jaw movements, and others are not somatic at all. Will be reporting back on this should I see any improvements!

Thanks! Much appreciated.

My hearing starts to roll off quite badly after 8kHz in my left ear, likely noise-induced from headphones too loud. Although I also had a severe case of labyrinthitis (lasting >4 weeks) a few years ago which may have contributed.

I have very high pitched tinnitus in my left ear in line with the damage (multiple tones 8kHz and up) which I can hear almost all of the time, though the tones aren't generally too intrusive. Maybe I'd rate it at the lower end of moderate (always difficult right when you can't be inside someone else's head to compare!).

Some tones are very somatic in that I can almost make them disappear completely via jaw movements, and others are not somatic at all. Will be reporting back on this should I see any improvements!
Your tinnitus sounds very similar to mine (high pitched with hearing loss in the 8 kHz region). I'm hoping Lenire will work for cases like ours. Sounds like we have appointments around the same time. Best of luck!

Any word on whether or not Lenire has any effect on Visual Snow?

Hey everyone, I really need some advice.

So, basically since Week 1 of getting my device, I've had instances where the music will cut out briefly. It wouldn't happen every time. Then it started happening more frequently and more often, and sometimes it would randomly emit this static tone.

I was in contact with Neuromod and unfortunately being in the US there isn't much they can do until my six week follow up. I assumed the issue was with the headphones. They assured me that it shouldn't have any impact on the efficacy of the treatment though, which confused me a little.

For a period of almost two weeks, I experienced no cut outs and a smooth session experience so I thought it had fixed or something (I turned off all nearby Bluetooth devices thinking there was some interference). Until it started again.

I actually ended up buying new headphones (the exact ones) from Amazon because I truly thought the issue was the headphones. Well, I experienced the same issue so the issue seems to be the device.

I'm heading back to Ireland next Friday, but I have no idea what to think. They are going to have their technical staff ready to examine my device. But I don't know if this means the entire first six weeks of my treatment were a waste. Should I ask to stay on the same setting? Switch because I didn't respond? Or maybe I didn't respond because the device cut out, even though Neuromod said that it's more about the tongue tip stimulation than the sounds.

If anyone is familiar with how Lenire is supposed to soothe tinnitus, I would really appreciate some advice. Just overall very frustrated.

So, basically since Week 1 of getting my device, I've had instances where the music will cut out briefly. It wouldn't happen every time. Then it started happening more frequently and more often, and sometimes it would randomly emit this static tone.

I was in contact with Neuromod and unfortunately being in the US there isn't much they can do until my six week follow up. I assumed the issue was with the headphones. They assured me that it shouldn't have any impact on the efficacy of the treatment though, which confused me a little.

For a period of almost two weeks, I experienced no cut outs and a smooth session experience so I thought it had fixed or something (I turned off all nearby Bluetooth devices thinking there was some interference). Until it started again.

I actually ended up buying new headphones (the exact ones) from Amazon because I truly thought the issue was the headphones. Well, I experienced the same issue so the issue seems to be the device.

I'm heading back to Ireland next Friday, but I have no idea what to think. They are going to have their technical staff ready to examine my device. But I don't know if this means the entire first six weeks of my treatment were a waste. Should I ask to stay on the same setting? Switch because I didn't respond? Or maybe I didn't respond because the device cut out, even though Neuromod said that it's more about the tongue tip stimulation than the sounds.

If anyone is familiar with how Lenire is supposed to soothe tinnitus, I would really appreciate some advice. Just overall very frustrated.
It could be your phone interacting with the headphones. I had similar issues but when I disconnected the Bluetooth option on my phone then it seemed to go away.

Btw the new settings don't seem to work on me and I can't wait to go back to the original ones in 3 weeks.

It hasn't been stated enough how awesome this report is. I finally read the whole thing and I am thoroughly impressed by the amount of work it must have taken. Top notch!
Thanks for the compliment Nonomat. Report 1 is really a curtain raiser for the next report where we will see information on the effects of the Lenire treatment.

Strangely my tinnitus has gone right down in the last 2 weeks. Maybe because I finished the report!

Can't offer any advice with what to do, but just wanted to say that I've had the same thing happen on odd occasions. May well be Bluetooth interference as I typically have devices in the same room. I think the instructions state something around keeping phones 30cm away?

I would have thought that it being a matter of seconds within a 30 min treatment that it's not going to have a major effect, but obviously I'm no expert.

I think I'm at similar treatment points to yourself and I go back in just under 3 weeks so would be grateful if you could share what they respond with in case I need to raise it. Thanks :)

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now