Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

It might be they limit it that way. Why would they want to sell the device to people who they think it won't work for?
How do they know it won't work until they test it on people in that bucket? It sounds prejudicial, IMHO. I'd rather they assume it will work until proven otherwise.

Soon near you a pair of well-aged boobs will make their appearance.
If that's my consolation prize for being locked out of Lenire, I'll gladly take it.

Who said it doesn't work for ETD? A forum member, @kelpiemsp, who has ETD has been practically cured with bimodal stimulation.
I have pulsatile tinnitus too, which according to experts who have seen my scans, has no known cause.

I don't think @kelpiemsp gets frequent fluid trapped in his ear like me, which causes the tinnitus to spike. I think his is more to do with pain and pressure. The reason I cannot have ear drum tubes for this is because I have pulsatile tinnitus, it will send it through the roof. So I am stuck.

When I bend over it's like a blood vessel is constructing my auditory nerve, as I have high pitched painful attacks to the ear when I bend over a lot or do exercise. Still the experts tell me there's no cause.

They will limit the patients with tinnitus for less than 3 months for sure... They ask about it in the medical booking assessment survey.
How many people reading this thread have had tinnitus for 3 months or less? I mean most here have been following this thread a lot longer than 3 months. Should everyone who just perked up cancel their flights to Ireland now?

giphy.gif

I can understand them doing this initially as part of a staged rollout but I can't imagine they are basing their whole business model purely on new cases of tinnitus. A lot of people's tinnitus are such that they don't even seek treatment for years. That's far too small a slice of the pie.

This better be clarified soon.

It might be they limit it that way. Why would they want to sell the device to people who they think it won't work for? That would get bad press and negative reviews for them. If someone says their tinnitus started over 5 years ago and Neuromod declines to sell the device then we will know for sure.

Who was right about the June release? :whistle: The price was lower than what I had got from my source! Soon near you a pair of well-aged boobs will make their appearance.
upload_2019-6-5_15-58-56.jpeg

I was wondering as well. Also,

"Lenire® is not suitable for everyone with tinnitus. If the audiologist determines that you are not suitable for treatment with Lenire® and that an alternative treatment is more appropriate, you will be provided with a detailed referral recommendation."

Any idea of what factors would lead to exclusion from treatment?
One of the things that has stopped the NHS doing a hearing test on me is I have wax in my ears. I won't take any risk in having them cleaned and so have not been able to get a hearing test done through my NHS. I wouldn't like to fly over to Dublin to be told I have to have my ears cleaned, because well that just ain't happening.

One of the things that has stopped the NHS doing a hearing test on me is I have wax in my ears. I won't take any risk in having them cleaned and so have not been able to get a hearing test done through my NHS. I wouldn't like to fly over to Dublin to be told I have to have my ears cleaned, because well that just ain't happening.
Manual cleaning?

Manual cleaning?
I do it myself yeah with a bit of copper wire bent into a loop. I don't go crazy but when it gets bad I'm able to sort it out better than anything else I know of. I'm pretty sure it's gotten worse since I got tinnitus as well which is interesting. It puts me off doing anything about my tinnitus to be honest, I won't have them cleaned and that's just the way it is.

I was wondering as well. Also,

"Lenire® is not suitable for everyone with tinnitus. If the audiologist determines that you are not suitable for treatment with Lenire® and that an alternative treatment is more appropriate, you will be provided with a detailed referral recommendation."

Any idea of what factors would lead to exclusion from treatment?
If you walk in an anxiety riddled wreck. Pacemaker. Neurological disease. Tongue piercing. Anyone who thinks this is their one and only hope and if it failed they're fucked.

I do it myself yeah with a bit of copper wire bent into a loop. I don't go crazy but when it gets bad I'm able to sort it out better than anything else I know of. I'm pretty sure it's gotten worse since I got tinnitus as well which is interesting. It puts me off doing anything about my tinnitus to be honest, I won't have them cleaned and that's just the way it is.
I highly suggest not putting copper wires into your ears. That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Why not go to an ENT and get wax softening drops and then have them manually remove it. It is essentially what you are doing now yourself.

You don't have to get micro suction or syringing done.

I highly suggest not putting copper wires into your ears. That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Why not go to an ENT and get wax softening drops and then have them manually remove it. It is essentially what you are doing now yourself.

You don't have to get micro suction or syringing done.
I've been doing it for years and years, it's not as crazy as it sounds, trust me.

I've been doing it for years and years, it's not as crazy as it sounds, trust me.
It only takes one time for your head or hand to move unintentionally and you pierce your eardrum and regret if for the rest of your life. The ear canal is not that long.

There is a manual tool that they can use to clean. Maybe consider this, it's like a scraper.

There is an interesting Q&A answer in their website. The question is about cost. They say they have a suggested retail price, but clinicians may adjust their price for their experience with the device and what they think their time/expertise is worth. I'm willing to pay more for a clinician experienced setting up the device, but there may be some shopping around to do if multiple clinics end up having it near you. Curious to hear about the price fluctuation in the wild.

Very insightful points, AnnV, GSC, GlennS:

I've had this now for over 5 years.

When it is available in Chicago, I will notify them that with full payment I nonetheless totally understand that no medical procedure is ever absolutely guaranteed; in fact, at my cost I am willing to serve as another test case.

Why should they refuse me under these circumstances when out of sheer curiosity I want to try?

Given the date of this release announcement, could this be the first "D Day" of tinnitus treatment?

Not being funny but we were promised boobs and I still haven't seen any.

I want to make a complaint.
It must have been your knickers or annV's boobs that got this release to happen!

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now