Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

I have signed up but before I go ahead can someone explain why they haven't published the clinical trial results? Would they go ahead with the product launch if the trial results were only partially positive?
They are credible - this is why:

- Neuromod has around 10 years worth of history. They are not in for a quick buck.
- They got approval in the Europe.
- They are targeting FDA approval in 2019.
- There are members here that benefited from it.
- They organized the largest clinical trials in tinnitus history and showed a reduction in tinnitus loudness.
The European removal, the CE mark, means next to f*** all. I just can't say that enough.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/scandal-of-fruit-netting-approved-as-surgical-implant-dvcqd2rt9mr

The large clinical trial is a different matter as many devices don't have that. I can't wait to read the published data, when they finally get it past peer review.

I can't wait to read the published data, when they finally get it past peer review.
It also matters a lot what publication the data is published in. There are low quality ones that are easy to get into...
I will say though, that they REALLY need better communication. They need to actually talk to their patients.
They are not good at that. :meh:

Neuromod's communications leave to be desired - an Italian audiology clinic (a top one) tried to contact them and they weren't happy with the generic email they received back. The audiology organisation in question asked if they could run a clinical trial in Italy.

1. Why would they want to run a clinical trial again in a different country? That's a weird ask right?
2. In any event their vague response didn't go down well. Surely they'd want to collaborate with the top audiologists in the country? Given that one of them is quite prominent in the world of tinnitus.

Opinions? Just concerned and don't know what to do. Why can't we find one of the 500 patients to report back!? Sorry I'm in a bad place at the mo.

Neuromod's communications leave to be desired - an Italian audiology clinic (a top one) tried to contact them and they weren't happy with the generic email they received back. The audiology organisation in question asked if they could run a clinical trial in Italy.

1. Why would they want to run a clinical trial again in a different country? That's a weird ask right?
2. In any event their vague response didn't go down well. Surely they'd want to collaborate with the top audiologists in the country? Given that one of them is quite prominent in the world of tinnitus.

Opinions? Just concerned and don't know what to do. Why can't we find one of the 500 patients to report back!? Sorry I'm in a bad place at the mo.
@Clare B was in the trials, according to her she had a complete elimination after having tinnitus for a year and a half.

Hey, if you want to fight semantics be my guest. I mean, if there's one thing that keeps coming up again and again it's people claiming they have tinnitus with no hearing loss and replies saying "you have it, you just don't realize it".
The number of storks and the birth rate in Denmark are positively correlated also. Did you know that the global average rise in temperature mirrors the rise in pirates? Clearly in your logic, pirates are the sole cause of climate change... or maybe climate change causes pirates? There is more going on than hearing loss... even just one hair or hidden hearing loss.

And I have read your posts long enough to believe you know better than to flippantly throw that around.

And the roller coaster continues. @Clare B had total elimination of her tinnitus and Ken who did one of the testimonials found on YouTube responded to a member on Facebook that he had a 17 dB reduction and has returned to a normal life.

Again, this isn't going to work for everyone and I agree their communication could be better, but we have proof that this works. This is probably the first device to hit the market and may still need some refinement. Once there is promise in this sector you can guarantee every large medical organization is going to want in on the pie. This is just the beginning and it is exciting times for us all.

And the roller coaster continues. @Clare B had total elimination of her tinnitus and Ken who did one of the testimonials found on YouTube responded to a member on Facebook that he had a 17 dB reduction and has returned to a normal life.

Again, this isn't going to work for everyone and I agree their communication could be better, but we have proof that this works. This is probably the first device to hit the market and may still need some refinement. Once there is promise in this sector you can guarantee every large medical organization is going to want in on the pie. This is just the beginning and it is exciting times for us all.
Here here, 2019 is the year tinnitus became a treatable condition!

Get ready for a deluge of new treatments after Lenire rolls out. We still got Dr. Susan Shore's device and the University of Minnesota's device on the way.

Manchester to Dublin flights start at £30 return, 10 flights a day, about a 1 hour flight. And there's a cheap travel lodge nearby in Dublin. Much cheaper and easier for me to go to Dublin than to a London clinic.

What would we define as proof?
upload_2019-6-7_14-8-29.png

Ah, well using the definition and related synonyms provided by your gracious screenshot, I would say that Clare B and Ken's testimony would qualify as examples of proof... and that @kelpiemsp's experience provides further substantiation that this technology holds promise, along with Susan Shore's research papers.

Ah, well using the definition and related synonyms provided by your gracious screenshot, I would say that Clare B and Ken's testimony would qualify as examples of proof... and that @kelpiemsp's experience provides further substantiation that this technology holds promise, along with Susan Shore's research papers.
Word. As of this week my tinnitus has been vacant.

Patricia Lyons in the Neuromod testimonials also got silence from using Lenire.

This is probably the first device to hit the market and may still need some refinement.
It has more or less been my intention to use Lenire ASAP, and mSync (the University of Minnesota device) when it becomes available if it is still necessary after Lenire. Of course, Lenire could possibly make any future treatments unnecessary.

Thinking about this is helping me today, because I'm having yet another bad spike after just getting over the previous bad spike, with one decent day in between. I'll be so grateful when the crazy spikes level out.

It has more or less been my intention to use Lenire ASAP, and mSync (the University of Minnesota device) when it becomes available if it is still necessary after Lenire. Of course, Lenire could possibly make any future treatments unnecessary.

Thinking about this is helping me today, because I'm having yet another bad spike after just getting over the previous bad spike, with one decent day in between. I'll be so grateful when the crazy spikes level out.
I hope this is it for us. We all want out so badly.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now