• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

Hi Guys, I've been making some posts on the Reddit tinnitus page regarding my experience with the Neuromod device so far and someone mentioned that the information would be useful here:

View attachment 30435

If anyone has any questions please let me know. The initial assessment was on Tuesday, I'm about to get my device in four weeks.

If you want me to take part in a podcast or whatever I'm down for it.
So it's discounted to €2150 if you pay up front. I'll take that any day of the week and twice on a Sunday!

Got an e-mail today. December 20th for me.

But first I'm going to e-mail them asking what could exclude me.

No way am I going to Ireland, with my fear of flying, to be told I´m not eligible.
Some of these appointment dates are starting to get ridiculous. This is just the first wave. More clinics are clearly needed. I know they are working on it, but they had to know this was going to be a popular device.

This lag between the initial exam and actually getting the device seems long too.

Hopefully over time this dispersal system gets widespread and streamlined.

Thought I was being shafted after getting a date of September 15th but apparently I should be happy considering your other times. I didn't even get a phone call. Just an e-mail, so I think they are totally swamped and are probably out of units and need to space it out according to delivery I think.

So it's discounted to €2150 if you pay up front. I'll take that any day of the week and twice on a Sunday!
Considering I was ready to lose all limbs if I could get rid of this when it was the worst, this price is a crazy bargain.

Some of these appointment dates are starting to get ridiculous. This is just the first wave.
I feel very sad and desperate seeing these appointment dates. I applied the release day for a purpose, to try and get an appointment in the first wave, as soon as possible. But maybe I will end up getting Lenire in 2010... Great. January or February.

That makes me very anxious and sad. Too many months to wait.

I would have liked to have a Christmas without living in hell, trying to do something good for my condition.

I feel very sad and desperate seeing these appointment dates. I applied the release day for a purpose, to try and get an appointment in the first wave, as soon as possible. But maybe I will end up getting Lenire in 2010... Great. January or February.

That makes me very anxious and sad. Too many months to wait.

I would have liked to have a Christmas without living in hell, trying to do something good for my condition.
Realistically other clinics will be open long before then.

It has already been leaked that this will be available in London towards the end of summer.

Some of us have waited for treatments for many many many many years. Have some patience, it's coming soon... :)
Waited 27 years... what's another couple months? :p

It has already been leaked that this will be available in London towards the end of summer.
An audiologist in my Facebook group has said that Neuromod are reaching out to organise training in the UK towards the end of 2019, but there have been no confirmed dates set.

My tinnitus fluctuates greatly from day to day. Today it is mild, yesterday moderate, and 3 days ago rather loud. It usually follows this predictable pattern. What parameters will they use if your tinnitus fluctuates like mine? Depending on what kind of day I'm having setting the device would vary greatly. If they set it based on hearing loss instead of tinnitus loudness that would be a different story.
I listened to the Tinnitus Talk interview with Neuromod, quite a few times they mentioned the parameters are set using your hearing level - they don't change depending on tinnitus level. Hope I remembered that correctly!

An audiologist in my Facebook group has said that Neuromod are reaching out to organise training in the UK towards the end of 2019, but there have been no confirmed dates set.
That doesn't sound like summer 2019... But, who knows, perhaps the people from the London Tinnitus Clinic were already trained.

I missed this. Good news.
Ah wait...
We would end up in 2020 then

37B59128-5818-4AE8-AE7B-8E3F0A1BEAF2.jpeg

No disrespect but why are you taking a spot if you aren't even sure you are going to go?
If you read back in the thread, they first started out by calling people and speaking 1 on 1 for "roughly 10 minutes". You'll also find if you read back in the thread some questions as to disqualifying criteria-like length of time having tinnitus (in my case, over 25 years). So I thought the form functioned as a screening process and wanted to make sure I qualified.

So I wanted to fill out the form to a) make sure I wasn't screened out due to this or that criteria and b) to get the opportunity to speak with them 1 on 1 and get more of a timeline on US rollout. Based on how that went then I would decide whether to commit.

As it's played out, apparently they've stopped making phone calls and are just immediately scheduling people and sending out form-letters.

I am just curious if those that got an email for their appointment got a response back confirming your appointment? I sent a question back, but have yet to hear anything. I guess I'd like some confirmation before I commit to airline tickets and hotels.

This is bad news. December dates are already given?

I had planned to read some reviews before registering but now I have no choice but to register...

I don't want the date to be December because I don't want to go in winter time. But I guess the choice is not mine...

Will this device work for people who have mild/moderate low frequency hearing loss? I have a hissing/ringing that is caused by noise damage but I also have a very low pitch droning/humming that I think is caused by low frequency loss. At the moment, it bothers me much more than the high pitch noise.

I am just curious if those that got an email for their appointment got a response back confirming your appointment? I sent a question back, but have yet to hear anything. I guess I'd like some confirmation before I commit to airline tickets and hotels.

I did not get a confirmation SMS like the email said I would so I got a bit worried I lost my appointment. I called them yesterday and the woman there said I was booked. She said they are overwhelmed by the response and won't be able to send out confirmation texts. So you should be booked for your appointment! But you could give them a ring just to make sure.

I got a reply to my question about gap between assessment and fitting and they said it would be "about a month" even though my appointment is in early November. So I don't know WHY there's such a long gap but there is, hence anyone who wants in on this outside of Ireland is talking about a total of 4 trips. If I knew I could get a device by this time next year in the US I would hunker down but I can already see Neuromod, as a small startup, being swamped by demand, and how this could strain their resources to the point of slowing the rollout elsewhere. So I'm going to mull things over the weekend.

I got a reply to my question about gap between assessment and fitting and they said it would be "about a month" even though my appointment is in early November. So I don't know WHY there's such a long gap but there is, hence anyone who wants in on this outside of Ireland is talking about a total of 4 trips. If I knew I could get a device by this time next year in the US I would hunker down but I can already see Neuromod, as a small startup, being swamped by demand, and how this could strain their resources to the point of slowing the rollout elsewhere. So I'm going to mull things over the weekend.
Yeah it feels like they bit off more than they could chew. FDA approval and roll out definitely won't happen until 2020 or 2021 in the United States.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now