• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

I'm starting to realize that "available in the US" isn't going to mean much if it's only available in limited locations. They need to streamline this four visits nonsense if they expect people to fly into one of the handful of locations that will likely be available.

Is Lenire reported to help somatic tinnitus?
They haven't said otherwise. They did have an exclusion criteria in their trials that stated that you couldn't have somatic tinnitus from a head or neck injury. Somatic tinnitus wasn't per say an exclusion criteria. If I remember the numbers correct most people with tinnitus have somatic triggers. I think the number was between 70-80% of sufferers. My tinnitus is very somatic. I can modulate it with jaw and neck movements and if I can work out my schedule I am going!

Thinking about it, they have to schedule in the possible follow-up visits for folk as well. It'd be daft if they waited until they'd done all the initial appointments before moving on to round 2.

Well I just got my email as well. I am in the US. They are proposing a November 15th date for me. Ouch! I am going to write back and see if they have any updates on a US release date. It may be worth waiting at that point.
That is pretty much as I expected. It may get to the point where a date in Ireland would be so close to the eventual release in the US that it won't make sense to fly out there.

This thread is already exploding. I should be able to live vicariously through people's anecdotes between now and then. But I do have some vacation time saved up and could justify making the first trip if I got in earlier than the fall.

That is pretty much as I expected. It may get to the point where a date in Ireland would be so close to the eventual release in the US that it won't make sense to fly out there.

This thread is already exploding. I should be able to live vicariously through people's anecdotes between now and then. But I do have some vacation time saved up and could justify making the first trip if I got in earlier than the fall.
I like your use of the word vicarious. Do you happen to be be a Tool fan?

I spoke too soon. I got an email with a November 8th date. I am going to have to decide overnight whether to go through with this or wait for the US rollout. There's a risk that even as this fans out across the world that each center will get swamped with requests and there could be limited hardware availability. So if I just wait I might regret it.

What I don't like is them breaking up the assessment and the fitting. If I use my vacation time in August I don't think I could stick around in Ireland to group the assessment and fitting into one trip. They really should consolidate the assessment and fitting sessions into one.

I spoke too soon. I got an email with a November 8th date. I am going to have to decide overnight whether to go through with this or wait for the US rollout. There's a risk that even as this fans out across the world that each center will get swamped with requests and there could be limited hardware availability. So if I just wait I might regret it.

What I don't like is them breaking up the assessment and the fitting. If I use my vacation time in August I don't think I could stick around in Ireland to group the assessment and fitting into one trip. They really should consolidate the assessment and fitting sessions into one.
Have you asked about this?

Okay, I feel desperate. No email, no call. Perfect.

I don't understand. I applied the release day.
I'm sure they'll get to you. Judging by the way they have been booking appointments, they appear to be prioritizing countries closest to them, but are still working with other ones (just not as fast).

I just signed up. I am from Canada. End of year might be good for me since I am just starting a new job and I want to give it some time to see if it works.

Shit... mine's next week... think I got lucky.

Hopefully this is the Divine intervention I've been asking for!!
How did you answer the questionnaire as a very severe tinnitus sufferer? I wonder what they are looking for.

Have you asked about this?
I don't think they have any more info on the US rollout than we've already speculated. If they can assure me of a 1-week or less turnaround between the assessment and getting fitted I can probably justify flying out there and paying for an AirBnB. I don't think I'd be able to claim it as a vacation, though, not without pushing my vacation back 3 months which I really don't want to do. I'd have to work remotely during that week and somehow explain it (and the followup trips, which would be during the work-week for sure) to my boss.

The other big question mark is whether this treatment could possibly be covered by US health insurance. I doubt they'd cover an international treatment. If it IS coverable, it would be after it hits the US. I'm not that hardup for cash but I don't want to waste money needlessly either.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now