• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

34jyts.jpg

If he did an earlier trial what benefit would there be to doing the treatment over again? I mean, I know they are tweaking the parameters, but still.
He said he had muted his tinnitus twice from memory, by getting into the MuteButton trial and then one of the Lenire ones. Each time he had went back to loud bars/concerts and got tinnitus again. He now has an appointment to get Lenire quite early on.

Man, they will disregard stuff you tell them about your own symptoms. I've had more than one doctor casually dismiss any link between tinnitus and eye floaters, which most of us know is real.
I have both, which both came around the same time. I agree there feels like some connection, is there any science to explain why though?

any link between tinnitus and eye floaters, which most of us know is real.
I'm interested in this. What is the connection between tinnitus and eye floaters? I have experienced an increase in my number of eye floaters since tinnitus onset. I would like to read more about this if you have any links to give. Thank you.

Looks like I may not get Lenire this year, I signed up a week ago.

Dear Eric

Neuromod Medical has received your completed online booking assessment. We are aware that it has been some days since you submitted your completed assessment. At this time, we have allocated all available first assessment appointments until the end of 2019. We are working to confirm allocated appointments, which may allow us to offer you an appointment in 2019. If not, we will offer you the earliest possible appointment in 2020. We will aim to get back in touch with you with suggested appointment times as soon as possible.

We thank you for your continued patience as we respond to the significant demand for assessments at Neuromod Medical.

With best wishes

The Neuromod Medical Team
Are we supposed to answer this e-mail or just wait for them to contact us again?

Has someone answered back them?

I'm interested in this. What is the connection between tinnitus and eye floaters? I have experienced an increase in my number of eye floaters since tinnitus onset. I would like to read more about this if you have any links to give. Thank you.
I also got floaters in my left eye coincidentally the same time tinnitus started. Already had them in my right eye for a few years.

There is a recently FDA cleared device for migraines and tension headaches:

https://www.gammacore.com/

I think this works similar to Lenire by stimulating the Vagus Nerve.
This device is applied on the neck though.
It seems the Vagus Nerve influences many mechanisms/and illnesses in our body.

Usually your brain filters them out but tinnitus rewires your brain and you see them.

Let me get this straight.

What percentage of positive results are people here waiting for to give the device a try? I mean, being the only hope at the moment I'd give it a shot even if it only works for one subject out of ten. Am I too desperate? Of course yes. Just a 0% success rate would hold me back of jumping into this bandwagon. €2500 is a good chunk of money for me but still something beautiful to be invested in if I am gambling a decrease in the perception of this uninvited guest.

They're undoubtedly all under NDA.
"Undoubtedly"... Based on what, exactly?

It's funny how some people who hang out on forums have this attitude like if people don't post, they either don't exist or are being secretly held back by the smoking man. Try to avoid the delusion that the forum is or should represent the outside world. People by and large don't post on forums. For instance, I was suffering for 25 years before I joined this forum and I'm the type who DOES tend to join forums. I just thought the more I hung around with tinnitus sufferers the more it would make me think about tinnitus and therefore suffer. It's been generally more therapeutic to chat on forums about other interests to get my mind OFF tinnitus and to avoid classifying myself as part of the "disabled community". There will be testimonials here but they will always represent only a small percentage of those who have used this device. That's why it will take some time before they start to really trickle in, but expect them to throw comments on Facebook long before they join here, as more people hang out there than go through the effort of registering and posting on a forum.

Let me get this straight.

What percentage of positive results are people here waiting for to give the device a try? I mean, being the only hope at the moment I'd give it a shot even if it only works for one subject out of ten. Am I too desperate? Of course yes. Just a 0% success rate would hold me back of jumping into this bandwagon. €2500 is a good chunk of money for me but still something beautiful to be invested in if I am gambling a decrease in the perception of this uninvited guest.
For me it depends on the risks of getting worse.

That happened to me before with another condition, I had surgery, was very strongly reassured it wouldn't make me worse, and it did. Set off a horrendous spiral of ill health. Don't want to scare anyone but, every decision is a balance of risks, and some, not all clinical trials aren't as great as they could be at auditing risks.

In the Q and A with Tinnitus Talk the Neuromod guy basically said it did happen to some patients but the worsenings mostly resolved. Hopefully it's true that they mostly resolved with all. I hate being Cassandra and hopefully this thing is going to help a lot of people but some of us have been burned before in the healthcare industry.

Last edited:
For me it depends on the risks of getting worse.

That happened to me before with another condition, I had surgery, was very strongly reassured it wouldn't make me worse, and it did. Set off a horrendous spiral of ill health. Don't want to scare anyone but, every decision is a balance of risks, and some, not all clinical trials aren't as great as they could be at auditing risks.

In the Q and A with Tinnitus Talk the Neuromod guy basically said it did happen to some patients but the worsenings mostly resolved. Hopefully it's true that they mostly resolved with all. I hate being Casandra and hopefully this thing is going to help a lot of people but some of us have been burned before in the healthcare industry.
You should have seen all the horror side effects summarized in the informed consent form I had to sign before having my eardrums pierced with a needle intended to deliver AM-101 in my cochlea. I think a permanent worsening of my tinnitus was the sweetest in that list. As many people here know, the thing never worked.

My theory is as follow: Tinnitus has always been studied from an otological perspective and that's why we can not get an over the counter remedy yet. Lots of years wasted. This scum is a neurological issue and now they are narrowing the circle around it they're coming with more promising stuff. I can't think of a more attractive goal in this life than recovering your health when it has been damaged. Something that would make me gamble the whole of it. Even more when we are talking about a subject as twisted as tinnitus is.

In some Montgomery Burns words:
I'd give all I have just to get a bit more.

Given that I have no hearing loss I think my tinnitus is eustachian tube related and my ETD was caused by TMJ as I have a problem with a deviated jaw and disc.

As there are only a couple of success stories in treating the TMJ I am presuming it becomes neurological in most cases. For this treason I will give Lenire a go.

If it makes it worse I am in trouble as there isn't much room for manoeuvre.

@El BUZZ Did AM-101 make your tinnitus worse?

You should have seen all the horror side effects summarized in the informed consent form I had to sign before having my eardrums pierced with a needle intended to deliver AM-101 in my cochlea. I think a permanent worsening of my tinnitus was the sweetest in that list. As many people here know, the thing never worked.

My theory is as follow: Tinnitus has always been studied from an otological perspective and that's why we can not get an over the counter remedy yet. Lots of years wasted. This scum is a neurological issue and now they are narrowing the circle around it they're coming with more promising stuff. I can't think of a more attractive goal in this life than recovering your health when it has been damaged. Something that would make me gamble the whole of it. Even more when we are talking about a subject as twisted as tinnitus is.

In some Montgomery Burns words:
I'd give all I have just to get a bit more.
You were a part of the AM-101 clinical trial?

@El BUZZ Did AM-101 make your tinnitus worse?
No. It didn't.
You were a part of the AM-101 clinical trial?
Do you think I'd have said I signed an informed consent form if I hadn't participated? Holy gosh, why is it sometimes so difficult to keep things logical and practical in this forum?

Hello all,

I'm new here. First post. I got an appointment for September 3rd. I reside in Central America.

I may need to reschedule though, so if someone with an appointment in October would like to switch, please let me know.

Good luck.

I can't believe people are trading Lenire dates like Pokemon cards.
Ditto.

Seriously tho I'm pretty confused tbh, wouldn't any "exchange" have to be coordinated by Neuromod, not by the patients?

I mean if not, aren't you guys essentially walking in without an appointment to your name?

Nothing wrong of course, just wondering.

Very insightful point GSC:

If people can so insouciantly forego their appointment dates does that mean they have successfully habituated to a nearly complete extent?

I know that when this or Dr. Shore's device becomes available in Chicago, if necessary I would drive like Detective Doyle after that elevated train car in the "French Connection" to be the first to start with this.

Ditto.

Seriously tho I'm pretty confused tbh, wouldn't any "exchange" have to be coordinated by Neuromod, not by the patients?

I mean if not, aren't you guys essentially walking in without an appointment to your name?

Nothing wrong of course, just wondering.
I agree, has anyone even got confirmation from Neuromod that trading appointment dates is acceptable? Surely the names need to be changed at the very least.

At least from the people that post here you seem to be one of the few not living in Europe that have an appointment with them. That's an enviable thing to have. I'm certainly jealous.
I'm an hour away by plane and I still don't have an appointment :-( First come first served I guess - even to those across the pond x

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now