Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

@kelpiemsp When you got the real treatment with the Minnesota device, how many sessions was it until you saw improvement?

It seems like Lenire is nowhere near as strong as the other two devices. As more reports from other users are coming in, even over a month of treatment has shown minimal reduction.

I'm beginning to waver a bit on this. Perhaps it is the real deal, but it's the weakest variant of it. The Michigan and Minnesota devices seem much more effective than Lenire so far.
The Michigan device has been used on 20 people... Hardly comparable to 500+.

I think it's too early to draw a conclusion for Lenire just yet...

Interestingly, I stopped Sertraline a while ago and my tinnitus was unusually quiet several months after stopping it. I recently started it again as unfortunately tinnitus isn't my only problem and I'm noticing it again (left ear tinnitus has always been the same however I'm starting to think my head tinnitus may be related to the Sertraline).

I don't even know if it's just because I was paying less attention to it and restarting it has caused me to focus on it again.

Anyway, I am following Lenire every other day and praying they've found a way to decrease or eliminate the noise. Tinnitus has caused me Great Depression in the past.

@kelpiemsp When you got the real treatment with the Minnesota device, how many sessions was it until you saw improvement?

It seems like Lenire is nowhere near as strong as the other two devices. As more reports from other users are coming in, even over a month of treatment has shown minimal reduction.

I'm beginning to waver a bit on this. Perhaps it is the real deal, but it's the weakest variant of it. The Michigan and Minnesota devices seem much more effective than Lenire so far.
I spent 9 months in their lab testing a device. During the actual trial period, differences were difficult for me to discern. Tinnitus is variable by nature. It wasn't until sometime after the treatment (I think a month or two) where I noticed silence.

Hi kelpiemsp, I am not a stats expert (although I do have a very good background in maths!).

If you have these skills, would you like to contribute?
I have in the past ;) the powers that be know how to reach me. But just check out an anova... It's what you want.

I spent 9 months in their lab testing a device. During the actual trial period, differences were difficult for me to discern. Tinnitus is variable by nature. It wasn't until sometime after the treatment (I think a month or two) where I noticed silence.
Thank you so much for the information @kelpiemsp. Do the descriptions of Lenire's auditory sounds sound similar to Minnesota's? As in the white noise, beeping, chirping, piano keys etc...

I'm curious if Hubert Lim gave them a complete rundown of specifics which make up the entire blueprints of Minnesota's device. Or if he was just there as an advisor to make Neuromod's product 'better'.

That's amazing even if the time it took was long. So you no longer have tinnitus at all?

I haven't visited this forum in a while.

Are there any updates regarding Visual Snow?

I'm eagerly waiting to try Lenire with hope that it might help with visual snow by reducing tinnitus.

Thank you so much for the information @kelpiemsp. Do the descriptions of Lenire's auditory sounds sound similar to Minnesota's? As in the white noise, beeping, chirping, piano keys etc...

I'm curious if Hubert Lim gave them a complete rundown of specifics which make up the entire blueprints of Minnesota's device. Or if he was just there as an advisor to make Neuromod's product 'better'.
No problem! Mine wasn't music at all. It sounded like the puff of a steam engine.

Hello Valeri,

Yes I am still collecting the data and we are going strong! Six week appointments are just starting. If you have signed up for the experience group, please remember to do your 6 week report when it falls due as this will provide information on how Tinnitus has changed from baseline. You can use the original link that was sent to you and the survey will start from where you left off. If you have purchases a device, please signup using the banner at the top of the page if you wish to participate.
I wish! Being in Australia and suffering badly I'm still waiting to see the outcome of others.

Unfortunately l don't have the luxury of flying there and back, when I go I need to stay at least 6 weeks and that all costs.

Otherwise if I was anywhere in Europe I would be on the first plane to Dublin!

Thanks for the work you're putting into this and good luck to everyone trying Lenire.

Are there any updates regarding Visual Snow?
New update by The Visual Snow Initiative
  • still working on their glasses against VS, haven't been launched yet (expecting to launch this project in the near future)
  • ongoing research in England and Australia
  • in October 2019, research will commence in the US
VS-Update.jpeg

Hi guys,

Does anybody have plans to attend the BTA Conference/Expo 2019 and maybe to get some intel for us :) ?

Neuromod is sponsoring this event and they will also participate in the exhibition.

tinniConfUk.JPG

Hi Mentos.

You mean January 2020?

How do you know that? If so, why you gave up on Brai3n clinic and not wait?
Brai3n clinic told me they would like to offer the treatment sometime in 2020. My interpretation of the e-mail is that they are talking with Neuromod but there is nothing definitive yet.

Heat exhaustion. I have never seen that one before. Will you elaborate for me how your tinnitus started and how you connected it with that?
Yes, its unusual and many people are incredulous however I am 99% sure this is the cause.

Heat Exhaustion can be caused by physical exertion in hot humid weather, and is one step on the way to Heat Stroke. I lived in Hong Kong for 6 years (I am back in Sydney now) and traveled extensively in the region. My wife and I like to incorporate hiking in our holidays and we decided to go to Kuching and climb Mt Santubong (originally was going to be Kota Kinabalu, but was too expensive!).

I did some training in Hong Kong prior to our trip and climbed SunSet peak (which I have done several times before), but probably did it too early in the Summer season and suffered heat exhaustion on the way down (not from lack of fluids, but inability to remove heat). On the way down I experienced Tinnitus for a short period (maybe 30 minutes to an hour) and then about a week later experienced tinnitus intermittently about 60% of the time, and its been the same ever since. My wife did the same hike and suffered no ill effects. Initially I also experienced dizziness and nausea, but these passed relatively quickly.

That's my wife in the pic by the way, riding bikes in Egypt!

Hi guys,

Does anybody have plans to attend the BTA Conference/Expo 2019 and maybe to get some intel for us :) ?

Neuromod is sponsoring this event and they will also participate in the exhibition.

View attachment 31752
@Hazel, @Liz Windsor and @Steve are confirmed to be attending the networking event, the conference, and the expo. I believe @Candy may attend as well, not confirmed though.

We'll also have a booth, this time for both the conference and the expo (last year we only had a booth for the expo).

Here's our thread about it:
2019 Tinnitus Expo in London on 14 September

We may be crossing paths with Neuromod and having a chat :)

Yes, its unusual and many people are incredulous however I am 99% sure this is the cause.

Heat Exhaustion can be caused by physical exertion in hot humid weather, and is one step on the way to Heat Stroke. I lived in Hong Kong for 6 years (I am back in Sydney now) and traveled extensively in the region. My wife and I like to incorporate hiking in our holidays and we decided to go to Kuching and climb Mt Santubong (originally was going to be Kota Kinabalu, but was too expensive!).

I did some training in Hong Kong prior to our trip and climbed SunSet peak (which I have done several times before), but probably did it too early in the Summer season and suffered heat exhaustion on the way down (not from lack of fluids, but inability to remove heat). On the way down I experienced Tinnitus for a short period (maybe 30 minutes to an hour) and then about a week later experienced tinnitus intermittently about 60% of the time, and its been the same ever since. My wife did the same hike and suffered no ill effects. Initially I also experienced dizziness and nausea, but these passed relatively quickly.

That's my wife in the pic by the way, riding bikes in Egypt!
Were you taking aspirin or anything?

Also, strangely enough, yesterday my wife's car's battery cable came loose when she was picking up our 3 year old from preschool and they had to sit in the heat for a little while and our kid puked from heat exhaustion. Coincidences sure are fun.

Where do we order Lenire from?
You can't order it online - you need to schedule an appointment with a Neuromod clinic, who will perform a battery of tests on you, fit it to you, and monitor you during the treatment.

There's currently only one of these, in Dublin, Ireland.

Brai3n.com tinnitus clinic in Gent, Belgium.
Nope, I only got an email from Brai3n in Belgium that they plan to offer it as of January 2020.
I said this before, but I was told they would like to offer the treatment sometime in 2020.
I'm Dutch speaking and the email conversation was in Dutch, so no translation errors or something like that.

I wouldn't set your hopes up too high for a starting date of selling in January.

Is Anne Savage a new BTA Ambassador? Is she replacing Samantha Baines?
She's just another "joker"!

She will say how terribly she "suffers" from tinnitus but she doesn't let it stop her from trotting the world and blasting her ears DJ-ing in clubs with noise level that will freeze your brain!

But... you all better stop complaining because if she can do it you can do it to and for sure, there are worse things than tinnitus.

So who needs a cure?!

She's just another "joker"!

She will say how terribly she "suffers" from tinnitus but she doesn't let it stop her from trotting the world and blasting her ears DJ-ing in clubs with noise level that will freeze your brain!

But... you all better stop complaining because if she can do it you can do it to and for sure, there are worse things than tinnitus.

So who needs a cure?!
To be fair, many musicians have tinnitus and continue their careers. How? I have absolutely no idea.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now