Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

I sent a message to Ross O'Neill weeks ago asking about the peer review. No response. Fck him and his company. No proper evidence that this does diddly squat. Go on Susan Shore!
It's too early to say if Lenire is working or not.

fails to read back even a few pages (where he would have seen the positive feedback from early adopters)
Well, then only people here that have posted positive experiences are a couple of newcomers that I don't know if I can trust and @Allan1967, whom I do trust, is posting negative results thus far. @RCP1 was talking about being ignored by Neuromod regarding the release of their trial data anyway. Why won't they release that anyway? I'd like to see it. I can go through both threads about Minbo Shim and people are erupting like a troop of rabid baboons about the lack of any trial data and there is hardly a peep about it here. I've already said I think this is a good idea to try and affect the DCN with electric zaps combined with sound therapy, but what in the world is the deal with the lack of real scrutiny? And why are people attacking those that show doubt? It is like a different world in this thread.

There's a way to be skeptical without laying a drive-by turd in a thread.

And most of us have bemoaned the peer review status, BTW. It's been discussed ad nauseum already.

A comment from Neuromod's Facebook page:

Some improvement after a month of using it but not much. I don't want to raise your expectations as it's not a big improvement. Will have to use it for a few months to really know if it works.

Well September is upon us now. People are approaching their last month and a half of treatment. All will be revealed soon. If it *is* a scam, then we will know in a month's time and Ross O'Neill won't be able to play the silent game anymore. The cat will be out of the bag.

Let's be optimistic guys, I want us all to kick this shit out of our heads forever.

Well September is upon us now. People are approaching their last month and a half of treatment. All will be revealed soon. If it *is* a scam, then we will know in a month's time and Ross O'Neill won't be able to play the silent game anymore. The cat will be out of the bag.

Let's be optimistic guys, I want us all to kick this shit out of our heads forever.
The neuroplastic changes and improvements could also happen in the months after treatment, so we can be even more excited. Let's eat popcorn for the next months :)

Some have been disqualified due to too much hearing loss (something I'm concerned about as I have yet to do an audiogram).

are a couple of newcomers that I don't know if I can trust
I share your concerns here, I'd also be very happy if some older members also reported positive effects. Though if Neuromod is booked chock full without doing any marketing, what would they gain by sending shills to a Tinnitus Talk thread? Conversely, if they ARE shilling, I'm sure they have a few old Tinnitus Talk accounts lying around, they've been in the business longer than this forum existed - why not use those? So overall I see your point but there's a good chance there is nothing shady going on there, just some legit users.

Anyway I hope I qualify as an "old" user and I'll be starting my treatment real soon, too.

Does anyone know if Lenire could work for non-somatic tinnitus?
Although Lenire is similar to Dr Shore's device, which is targeted at somatic tinnitus, Lenire doesn't differentiate between somatic and non-somatic. So yes, it could work.

Whether it actually does is something we're all very, very eager to find out :)

If it *is* a scam
This is not a total scam. I'm very sure that this will help a subset of tinnitus sufferers. I do feel that they aren't being forthcoming enough about who it can or cannot help and that could just be because they don't know yet. Also, other researchers are claiming that tinnitus starts in the auditory cortex and for this to work it would have to start in the DCN, which is what I think. So which is it? What are the subsets?

Although Lenire is similar to Dr Shore's device, which is targeted at somatic tinnitus, Lenire doesn't differentiate between somatic and non-somatic. So yes, it could work.

Whether it actually does is something we're all very, very eager to find out :)
Yeah me too! I know Susan Shore actually ran tests (or is currently running tests?) on seeing the difference between the effects of bimodal stimulation on somatic and non-somatic tinnitus. I'm wondering how it works exactly, but I'm guessing there's probably not one standard theory that explains it...

Anyways thank you for your reply, it's quite a relief to know Lenire is available for both.

I do feel that they aren't being forthcoming enough about who it can or cannot help and that could just be because they don't know yet.
I don't think you can ever know for sure with tinnitus. It's all based on probabilities.

Also, other researchers are claiming that tinnitus starts in the auditory cortex and for this to work it would have to start in the DCN, which is what I think. So which is it? What are the subsets?
Who cares? If a given treatment works, use it and don't look back.

This is not a total scam. I'm very sure that this will help a subset of tinnitus sufferers. I do feel that they aren't being forthcoming enough about who it can or cannot help and that could just be because they don't know yet. Also, other researchers are claiming that tinnitus starts in the auditory cortex and for this to work it would have to start in the DCN, which is what I think. So which is it? What are the subsets?
We're just going to have to wait and see, I'm personally not a fan of Neuromod's PR, the fact the peer review isn't released yet, and that their testimonials left A LOT to be desired. So I'm not ruling out that it's another Desyncra or TinniTool.

Those things however have nothing to do with the performance of the device. Which we're going to find out if it does work or not despite Ross O'Neill's silence on the matter.

We're just going to have to wait and see, I'm personally not a fan of Neuromod's PR, the fact the peer review isn't released yet, and that their testimonials left A LOT to be desired. So I'm not ruling out that it's another Desyncra or TinniTool.

Those things however have nothing to do with the performance of the device. Which we're going to find out if it does work or not despite Ross O'Neill's silence on the matter.
I'm starting to think daily curcumin may be just as good if not superior to Lenire for at least an overlapping demographic. Just my asshole opinion. I'd like to try one of these things long term and experiment with other stuff in conjunction as well.
I'm guessing there's probably not one standard theory that explains it...
Well not an agreed upon theory. It may already exist but nobody knows for sure. It could be super simple or mind wrenchingly complex. We shall see.

Yeah me too! I know Susan Shore actually ran tests (or is currently running tests?) on seeing the difference between the effects of bimodal stimulation on somatic and non-somatic tinnitus. I'm wondering how it works exactly, but I'm guessing there's probably not one standard theory that explains it...

Anyways thank you for your reply, it's quite a relief to know Lenire is available for both.
She is! It's awesome stuff. Hers likely will work for both too.

I'm freaked out here... Added to another thread in the support section but it's kind of Lenire related. Or is it?

Two weeks ago... Very brief exposure to house alarm panel twice in one day. Last time was in middle of the night. Shoved on hearing defenders. Stayed up for rest of the night & could hear bells. Started hearing faint bells. Week later... Two silent days, used Lenire at night, woke up at 3, tinnitus screaming. Stayed that way until Friday, took a Mirtazapine, quiet day on Saturday, manageable Sunday, used Lenire Sunday night, last night... Woke up again at 4... Tinnitus screaming.

Have I spiked my tinnitus because of the alarm and Lenire is aggravating it or am I just having a spike?

Exposure was a mere 10 seconds at most and sound emitter muffled.

How long do spikes last? What do I do?

I'm freaked out here... Added to another thread in the support section but it's kind of Lenire related. Or is it?

Two weeks ago... Very brief exposure to house alarm panel twice in one day. Last time was in middle of the night. Shoved on hearing defenders. Stayed up for rest of the night & could hear bells. Started hearing faint bells. Week later... Two silent days, used Lenire at night, woke up at 3, tinnitus screaming. Stayed that way until Friday, took a Mirtazapine, quiet day on Saturday, manageable Sunday, used Lenire Sunday night, last night... Woke up again at 4... Tinnitus screaming.

Have I spiked my tinnitus because of the alarm and Lenire is aggravating it or am I just having a spike?

Exposure was a mere 10 seconds at most and sound emitter muffled.

How long do spikes last? What do I do?
Hi Alan, I had the exact same thing yesterday. I put earplugs in and turned the alarm off, it was still extremely loud even with them in. Strangely, the tinnitus stopped for about 10 seconds afterwards (my tinnitus never stops) but then came back at the same level. I was already spiking with tinnitus but it has calmed down somewhat today.

Can I ask, did you have any silent days before Lenire?

Of course!

My initial assessment is September 10, so I think I'll get my device early October, then I can start spamming the experiences thread with my journal! ;)
Are you traveling to Dublin too?

I will try to push them to give me the device in a week's time so I don't have to travel again.

Can I ask, did you have any silent days before Lenire?
Yes I did, quite a few actually.

Your tinnitus settled after the alarm in one day?

See, I think the white noise hiss is exacerbating it and what should have disappeared has prolonged it.

Which is why I'm surprised so many people are already handing over cash lol. Apart from a hypothesis and a few anecdotal reports it may be as clinically beneficial as ear candling!
That's overstating things. Neuromod's trial data from before the launch was encouraging. Not a slam dunk, but encouraging, plus individual testimony from Clare B. Everyone buying into this now has their eyes wide open as far as our financial risks are concerned.

Are you traveling to Dublin too?

I will try to push them to give me the device in a week's time so I don't have to travel again.
Yup. Budapest-Dublin, 2 hour flight. Not great, not terrible, in the immortal words of Anatoly Dyatlov. Unfortunately I'm leaving the next day so even if they gave me the device in 1 week I would still have to fly back.

Mine is the same day as well!
When's your appointment? Mine's at 15:15 Irish time, so maybe see you there? :)

Which is why I'm surprised so many people are already handing over cash lol.
Well, we're early adopters. If the treatment doesn't work, I lose my money. If it does work, I will get to enjoy my first quiet Christmas in this very year, as opposed to getting on a waitlist that probably stretches until the end of 2020 by now.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now