• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

I have TMJ/eustachian tube problems, more acute on my left side which is also my bad T ear. For instance, just moving my jaw around or swallowing I literally hear a crinkling sound in my ears. There's like a persistent pinching or blockage, mostly on the left side. When I hold my nose and try to blow out or suck in, air really doesn't want to move through my ears. I'm interested in seeing if anything can be done mechanically that might relieve some of the tinnitus, assuming this phenomenon is part of the problem, but the audiologist wanted me to get an MRI done and after reading about them here I am terrified of getting in one.
My problem is chronic fluid despite being able to open the tube. Its really strange. What if the stimulation from Lenire of the trigeminal nerve has some positive effect on the nerves that control our eustachian tube. One would hope. The tinnitus and ET problems came at the same time.

For me I would take normal functioning tubes over a reduction in my bilateral tinnitus.

My other eustachian tube is a little funky but nothing as bad as my right, it's patulous but no autophony. Might be worth going for Lenire to get some reduction in that ear at the very least.

Heading to Dublin tonight for my Friday appointment to pick up my device. I will post in the Lenire User Experiences thread when I get back early next week.

Hello all, been following this from the beginning and attended Neuromod yesterday to finally pick up my device. I'll report anything in the Lenire User Experiences thread as it develops.

Just a couple of things to mention for those travelling over. There's some excellent posts earlier that give information on buses etc. that I had copied into my phone but have a few more details that may help. The Airport Hopper bus can be found around Zone 16 of Dublin Airport bus area, they seem to pull into whichever stand is free so keep an eye out for a red small bus with either Airport Hopper or Dualway on the side. You will want the Tallaght (destination) service which is no. 777. They run at 06:00, 07:00 and then hourly from 08:10 to 21:10 - however, time keeping is not a strong point... A one way ticket is 11 euro and a return is 19 euro, plus you are supposed to be able to pay by card on the bus. However, the bus I got yesterday was missing it's card reader and I didn't have cash so had to buy a ticket online (very easy) and this was only 15.20 euro. You only have to select the day of travel for outbound and return, not the bus time. You can get the Tallaght bus to the Clayton Hotel and can return from here with the return pick-up point supposedly at the hotel entrance. However, yesterday the bus back was early (or maybe late?) and had pulled up outside the hotel at the drop off point. Just keep an eye out for it.... The Maynooth 767 service can drop you at the N4 foot bridge and runs more frequently but I've not used this.

Had my first hour with the device last night which was kinda interesting, don't see any issues using it going forward as it's quite pleasant overall. Seems to be definitely configured to my tinnitus (louder in left ear) as the high tones seem more to that side on the headphones. Will see what happens...

Maybe it's been said on here before, but does anyone know if they've already upped their appointments to 5 days a week?
The call is a bit of a blur for me because I really wasn't expecting it. But I think the lady on the phone mentioned three days a week. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. I could be wrong on that. Maybe Tuesday, Thursday, Friday?
Sweet! Whereabouts are you located? I'm now wondering if I should pick up my phone if I see an unlisted number.
I'm actually Irish and I live near enough to Lucan which is a cyclable distance to the hermitage clinic. The number they rang me from had an 01 in it (Dublin code) which would be +3531 for anyone outside of Ireland probably.

@JayBowson Which exact date are you going in? I also have an appointment in early February.

Just got a call from Neuromod for an appointment at the start of February. I really didn't think it would be happening this fast honestly.
Gotta ask the same question that always pops up :LOL: : When did you register?

FYI people, I asked Neuromod in December when I could get an appointment with an October registration. This was their response:

"We are currently working through the waiting list and sending out 2020 in batches. As you only applied recently it will probably be January when we offer you an appointment. But we will try to offer you an appointment as soon as possible via email."

Cool from them to answer but that seems a little bit too optimistic to me ahah.

Just got a call from Neuromod for an appointment at the start of February. I really didn't think it would be happening this fast honestly.
You mentioned you live close... I'm thinking about staying at the Clayton Hotel Liffey Valley which @Mentos on here mentioned is 16 minutes walking distance. When I look at it on Google it looks like a major highway to cross. By chance are you familiar with that? I would hate to look like some foreign nut walking around a major highway. Thanks.

I'm thinking about staying at the Clayton Hotel Liffey Valley which @Mentos on here mentioned is 16 minutes walking distance. When I look at it on Google it looks like a major highway to cross. By chance are you familiar with that? I would hate to look like some foreign nut walking around a major highway. Thanks.
I booked my stay in this exact hotel just 2 days ago! I'll probably take a cab from the clinic anyway, as I have no idea how to get around otherwise :p

I will be in Dublin on 4-8 February. Maybe we can meet up if you are there too!
I'll be in Dublin between the 4th and the 5th of February! I could definitely meet up, maybe go some place to eat. I'm a little worried I might get lost, haha.

Odd question but for those with somatic tinnitus - can you modulate all of the tones you hear or only some of them?

@alanisnotadj

How are you doing?
Has any one of you had success with the static / electric hiss type in your head that increases when you bite and move your jaw?

Thank you so much!
Same as two weeks ago. Lots of ups and downs, I really hope my improvements are going to be permanent rather than temporary.

Odd question but for those with somatic tinnitus - can you modulate all of the tones you hear or only some of them?
Six sounds remaining here (used to be 12), all can be modulated from 0 to 4 out of 10. My tinnitus is not sound induced though, it originates from the neck somewhere, so no clue if Lenire would actually help.

Hello all. New member to this forum love all the input. I'm 31 and developed tinnitus 14 years ago - loudest disco of my life and near the speakers (I remember the noise being actually sore to listen to - went outside a few times for relief but my buddies were in the same area relatively near the speakers so peer pressure kicked in :) anyway result was a constant his in both ears (I always have said much like sizzling sausages on a frying pan).

Pain in the ass at first but habituated with time. Fast forward to last November (2019)... a nasty spike in the left ear... a myriad of sounds now, the hiss that was always there, a higher pitched eeee and another sound almost like cutting metal in the distance. This has been very tough.

Anyway... to be relevant to this thread I got an appointment for Lenire and went to Dublin in December for a consult. I asked all the medical questions, went through the hearing test and asked as many questions as I like - it was thoroughly professional and at no stage did I feel like this was a company just after your money.

I thought the audiologist was very pragmatic in her advice - I am accepted for the device which is great news however I am awaiting an ENT consult to rule out anything sinister so was advised to definitely wait for that prior to deciding to go for using the device. I've been to an ENT years ago and nothing found so I'm assuming the same result.

I'm really curious and hoping to see how more people find the results from using Lenire. I know one day a cure will be found... I think Neuromod really are on the right track with this device. My one worry with the amount of money to be spent on this device is that if iterations and improvements are to be made (in months/ years ahead) - a newer updated device with more effective iterations after further research for example - I hope that those of us that spend the money on this device would be able to get free upgrades etc for further devices. I hope this device though is the answer :)

I hope for everybody suffering to find a sense of peace someday soon :)

You mentioned you live close... I'm thinking about staying at the Clayton Hotel Liffey Valley which @Mentos on here mentioned is 16 minutes walking distance. When I look at it on Google it looks like a major highway to cross. By chance are you familiar with that? I would hate to look like some foreign nut walking around a major highway. Thanks.
You can definitely walk from there in 15 minutes easily. It's a fairly busy road but not a major highway. The Clayton Hotel is a drop off point for the airport hopper bus.

Gotta ask the same question that always pops up :LOL: : When did you register?
Last September. I'm aware people have registered earlier than that and been given later appointments. Not sure whether that means they're prioritising Irish nationals or if I just rolled lucky on a cancellation or something.
@JayBowson Which exact date are you going in? I also have an appointment in early February.
I looked at the confirmation text they sent earlier and it seems like I really was caught off guard and missed a lot of what she said. So I lied earlier apparently. I'm in on the 30th of Jan. Earlier still!!!:eek:
Indeed if you tried to cross the N4 on foot you'd have bigger problems than tinnitus to deal with.:angelic:
Although I've been to both the Hermitage and this Clayton before I've never had to walk between them before.
This looks like it though: https://goo.gl/maps/6h7ZBqYA9LoCpiWU9
If you drop the little yellow street view guy right as this route to the hermitage intersects the N4 you can see a smaller road cuts underneath with a generous sized footpath to use.

Correct me if I'm wrong but most people who suffer from hyperacusis have noise induced tinnitus, right?

Neuromod stated that people with hyperacusis are "super responders" to Lenire, that means that this device works better on people who have noise induced tinnitus?

So why are you guys saying that Lenire works better on people with somatic tinnitus? Just because 2 or 3 people with somatic tinnitus on this forum said that they got relief from using Lenire?
Somatic just means we can modulate it by moving the neck and/or jaw. But the cause can still be noise induced.

They are not mutually exclusive.

My tinnitus is definitely from neck/jaw issues. I can sometimes modulate my tinnitus with my neck, but only the secondary tinnitus sound. My main tinnitus buzzing cannot be modulated.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now