Levetiracetam (Keppra) Worked for My Hyperacusis

Damn is that even safe man... Arent u dosing off soon like viking did..

I will when I run out. I plan two months off keppra and then off it. Then that's it cured and finished. No more horrid hyperacusis or reactive tinnitus...And no more static tinnitus.

Hopefully this weekend i cant dosage up or ill loose days barely have enough..and it was my friend that got it for me while he was there

No offense Geo but why are you taking a drug not under medical supervision that leaves you in a place that you "barely have enough"

You know quick or complete cessation of anti seizure drugs can lead to seizures right?!! I can't say about Keppra but I can say that about the rest of them!

Find a doc to give you a script.

No offense Geo but why are you taking a drug not under medical supervision that leaves you in a place that you "barely have enough"

You know quick or complete cessation of anti seizure drugs can lead to seizures right?!! I can't say about Keppra but I can say that about the rest of them!

Find a doc to give you a script.
honestly from my history with docs they can give two shits..especially someone with t and they will not prescribe u a epilepsy drug for T as they think t isnt as bad as a sneeze in some cases.and dont worry i will have some more by the weekend i have to go out of my way because my docs wont.. at the end of the day you are in control of your own life.

honestly from my history with docs they can give two shits..especially someone with t and they will not prescribe u a epilepsy drug for T as they think t isnt as bad as a sneeze in some cases.and dont worry i will have some more by the weekend i have to go out of my way because my docs wont.. at the end of the day you are in control of your own life.

I think with the amount of suffering you endure that surely you could find a sympathetic doctor. I once had a doc put me in a compromising position med wise and I could of sued her socks off had she left me there..Just know what you're taking and how detrimental it could be if you ran out...

Just lookin out for you and hope you find wellness :)

Today I am at 2 weeks Keppra. I started 1 week 1x500, second week 2x500. I will also take 2x500 for the 3rd week and then I will go to 1500. Doctors orders. I don't know why he didn't let me go to 1500 at my third week... I haven't any sideffects whatsoever. Of all anticonvulsants, Keppra is the only one that didn't give me any problems at all. Haven't tried RTG yet.

Until 2 days ago I would say I had some mprovement, especially in H, but the last 2 days my T is screaming like hell and my H is not good, so I will wait a little more to post any progress. I have not reached pharmaceutical dosage yet anyway...

honestly from my history with docs they can give two shits...
I understand completely.

So you can lie there and take it, or you can be proactive. When it comes down to the nitty-gritty, medicine is a service industry. If it were me, I'd fire the docs who do not care ... and hire docs who do!

@Street Spirit
I just read your last few post's, I feel so bad for you. How could this happen to anyone is beyond me, I just don't understand. But like you I was fine two months ago until I vacuumed for 2 minutes ( and I had ear plugs in ) Just like you, my very low hardly noticable hyperacusis went up like a rocket and never came back down to where it was before that day. Our stories are the same.

@Street Spirit & @quietatnight You both mentioned that vacuuming caused you problems. If you don't already know, there's a thread by Rhea regarding quieter electrical appliances. She mentions specific brands that includes a vacuum cleaner, hair dryer and tea kettle. Check it out if you haven't already:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/quiet-equipment.9145/

@Street Spirit & @quietatnight You both mentioned that vacuuming caused you problems. If you don't already know, there's a thread by Rhea regarding quieter electrical appliances. She mentions specific brands that includes a vacuum cleaner, hair dryer and tea kettle. Check it out if you haven't already:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/quiet-equipment.9145/

Also I use an electric tea kettle. No more obscene whistling for me..however twice I have endured that and it didnt affect my h...anyways electric kettle... best invention ever! hehe ( I love tea)

Street Spirit & quietatnight You both mentioned that vacuuming caused you problems. If you don't already know ...

Hi Jim. This has nothing to do with vacuuming or for that matter even with hyperacusis. I just wanted to go off track for a brief moment to tell you how much I like your avatar. I have always been fascinated by the aurora borealis - and this past December a buddy of mine and I spent a few days in a lodge around 40 miles north of Fairbanks, Alaska to check it out personally. Brrrr. Anyway, here's a shot ...

IMG_1109.JPG

OK. Back to vacuuming and hyperacusis!

Today I am at 2 weeks Keppra. I started 1 week 1x500, second week 2x500. I will also take 2x500 for the 3rd week and then I will go to 1500. Doctors orders. I don't know why he didn't let me go to 1500 at my third week... I haven't any sideffects whatsoever. Of all anticonvulsants, Keppra is the only one that didn't give me any problems at all. Haven't tried RTG yet.

Until 2 days ago I would say I had some mprovement, especially in H, but the last 2 days my T is screaming like hell and my H is not good, so I will wait a little more to post any progress. I have not reached pharmaceutical dosage yet anyway...

It'll take two months for results. I hope it works for you buddy!

That's why I'm suggesting higher doses.

Well, I did 1 week 500, second week 1000, third week 1500 and now I go into my fourth week with 2000 mg. I will take 2x1000 a day for at least a week and if I see diference maybe I will up it to 2500 and then 3000. But it has to be a dosage every 12 hours, so 2 times a day only.

Well, I did 1 week 500, second week 1000, third week 1500 and now I go into my fourth week with 2000 mg. I will take 2x1000 a day for at least a week and if I see diference maybe I will up it to 2500 and then 3000. But it has to be a dosage every 12 hours, so 2 times a day only.

Yep. I wish you luck buddy. Do keep me updated.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now