• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Liam Boehm — A Scammer or What?

I hate to bump this thread and restart discussion, but I don't understand how I can personally say there is no benefit to the things Liam is proposing unless I have personally been super disciplined, done all that he is proposing and it had no benefits.

Surely somebody must have done it - or are we just hypothesizing it won't work because that is easier? What he is proposing to do is not an easy plan to follow.

Even after 7 years of tinnitus, I just don't buy that there is nothing I can do to see improvements with this condition. Some of the things Liam is saying makes sense. When I lost 90 lbs and was working out, eating pretty good and sleeping good, my tinnitus was probably at its lowest levels. I need to try to get back to that.

Well, my tinnitus hasn't improved in 20 - 30 years, but it also hasn't gotten worse. Gotta celebrate the positives. Anything that calls attention to it is counter productive, and all the old stuff is still true... stay busy, eat healthy, get plenty of exercise (but not so much that it elevates your blood pressure for extended periods), practice daily meditation, do things you enjoy, have a social life... there's a long list.

I've had my tinnitus long enough to know it goes up and it goes down. It could be up all the time, so this is OK. We've had rain for the last 4 days and nights, and today was the first time I got on my eBike for a while. On the bike the tinnitus is inaudible, the wind is in my hair, it's something I thoroughly enjoy. Going down a hill at 35+ MPH is as thrilling as when I went 135+ MPH on my motorcycles because the eBike is so much lighter and twitchier. I probably mention it too much, but it's dependable and it's always a fun thing. Even when I got soaked the first day of these rains it was a blast.

Tinnitus acceptance is just about making the most of each day and each moment. Stewing about the past or going off into the future is a colossal waste of time, and unhealthy. This may sound corny, but we forget about it. I can catch myself and go, whoa! Why am I running around in my head like this? This is all make believe, reality is right here, right now. Acceptance doesn't mean complacency, just being OK w/ the reality of tinnitus. The quacks that scam people w/ false promises are something that karma will take care of.

I hate to bump this thread and restart discussion, but I don't understand how I can personally say there is no benefit to the things Liam is proposing unless I have personally been super disciplined, done all that he is proposing and it had no benefits.

Surely somebody must have done it - or are we just hypothesizing it won't work because that is easier? What he is proposing to do is not an easy plan to follow.

Even after 7 years of tinnitus, I just don't buy that there is nothing I can do to see improvements with this condition. Some of the things Liam is saying makes sense. When I lost 90 lbs and was working out, eating pretty good and sleeping good, my tinnitus was probably at its lowest levels. I need to try to get back to that.
I am not claiming Liam's program does not work.

I just don't see any reason to believe that it will.

I apply this rationale to every claimed program or treatment for tinnitus. Unless the clinical evidence is there - evidence we can all examine - I don't think one should try these programs etc IF there is going to be a major cost or effort commitment. Liam's program, if you take his consultations, costs several hundreds dollars. The Tinnitus Mix by Mr. Case is free - but the commitment is unreasonable for such a speculative treatment.

Drinking decaf coffee instead of standard costs NOTHING and there is no time and effort commitment so I tried that despite there being no good evidence it can bring my tinnitus down.

You have to look at these proposals on a case by case basis and evaluate if the time/cost risk is likely to be worth it.

Many people jump in and spend their money when they see one random Facebook post claiming something works - why do you think that tinnitus patches have such big sales?

Above all, PROTECT your money. Keep it in YOUR pocket - do not give it away unless you absolutely have to and do not needlessly make others wealthy at your expense.

Liam is a perfect example of insane confirmation and survivorship bias. The dude is lunatic, inventing facts on the go and using natural remission of fresh mild cases as definitive evidence that his program works. I've done it & dozens of others have done it with absolutely 0 results.

Some things Liam says absolutely make sense but his triumph over tinnitus PDF / course is riddled with spelling mistakes and contains a lot of proposals that make absolutely no sense. This makes me absolutely question the validity of all of it.

For example: cover your ceiling / floor vent in your bedroom with cardboard and plastic lining so there is no airflow. This will help stop you from inhaling microscopic spores in the air that are secreted by mold. This could be a factor in your tinnitus.

Side thought: why isn't Liam rich? If he comes to stay with me for 6 months and cures my tinnitus, I'll give him 7 digits afterward, but I doubt he's interested because my tinnitus is not curable.

Liam's basically a one-trick pony that only talks about diet. He's not wrong that fasting can quiet tinnitus for some people. The salicylate thing might have some credence, but I'm skeptical. The doses of salicylate that cause tinnitus far exceed those found in any diet. In any case, he isn't "curing" anything, just giving some tips about diet.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now