MuteButton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand. My tinnitus fluctuates a lot. I have moderate (good) and severe (bad) days. It changes during sleep. Some noises are gone. And then come back.
Slept bad last night due to some work stress I have had, it is definitely worse today - moderate level. I have no idea how I would cope if it was severe.

She defo not from the same OMG this is killing me, I'm doomed camp as us lot that's for sure.
No watching her talk about tinnitus it was as if she was chatting about a slightly dodgy hip. She's defo not welcome around here that one! Especially now she's f***ing cured! I literally despise this woman on multiple levels. :LOL:

No watching her talk about tinnitus it was as if she was chatting about a slightly dodgy hip. She's defo not welcome around here that one! Especially now she's f***ing cured! I literally despise this woman on multiple levels. :LOL:

Ah come on man, she's innocent and hasn't had her eyes opened to how bad tinnitus can get. Let her enjoy her new silence lol.

Hands up who's shitting themselves with excitement after watching those videos. :rockingbanana:

Ken's the one who most matches my own experience with tinnitus - based on a 1 minute highly edited video clip admittedly - but if it's good enough for him, they can have unfettered access to my bank accounts.

What would good news look like? I mean what form would it take to tick all the fing boxes.

1) A device is being released with science behind it
2) They conducted the largest tinnitus trial in History
3) They are confident in the results enough to be actively seeking peer review
4) We have live testimonials the like I have never ever seen before in relation to tinnitus
5) It is actually being sold within weeks and members in the EU can purchase one
6) It won't be that expensive relative to a lot of things with more than likely a money back clause
7) It is non invasive and takes only a few weeks to see results

Don't forget this company didn't have to form and didn't have to bother trying to address this problem.

I am enthusiastic about it because I agree - A lot of people won't be round in 3 years. We need a partial cure/treatment now... This could be it.

I'm working on the basis that Susan Shore's university sent me an email saying I had helped them raise 5 billion dollars not long ago. (Obviously not for this device - but the point being they're loaded). The Irish raised about 40 pence by comparison.

You've got to imagine that given the media hype around Shore already that she's on to something pretty f***ing big. I think when her device comes out we might see the first ever 'Tinnitus cured' headlines in mainstream press......But I also think it might be 3 years away and sadly some of us might be brown bread by that point.

Her device doesn't purport to cure tinnitus. Its outcomes are very similar to MuteButton. Also 5 billion is a pretty standard fundraising campaign for any major US university. There are probably 50 universities here that fundraise that much.

So if this works then Susan Shore's device is not required?
Would there be any benefit to using both? I'm willing to hit it from two different angles if it would help.
I'd love to know more about the Minnesota device, but it seems to have nearly no press associated with it. Short of one person here who was in the trial.

3 months after onset I somewhat find it hard to believe, after so many years, a realiable treatment comes out. Am I that forunate?
This is one of the things that nagging at me about this thing. Tinnitus has been around as long as people have had ears apparently and it's only now, at this point in history, that someone has come up with an effective tool to manage it.
I suppose all significant events happen in someone's lifetime, but this feels like too lucky to be true.

Notice that nearly all the of things the people in these videos reported an improvement in lack an objective ability to scientifically measure.
But the device aims to reduce tinnitus, which can't be measured objectively anyway? Surely by definition they were always going to be talking about things that can't be measured?

I've already spent ages on this one, and would really love to get it out to all of you very soon.

@Markku I don't think people (some people) understand how much of your personal time and effort is going into this project.

Thank you!!

Oops...you just posted it....:)

This is one of the things that nagging at me about this thing. Tinnitus has been around as long as people have had ears apparently and it's only now, at this point in history, that someone has come up with an effective tool to manage it.
I suppose all significant events happen in someone's lifetime, but this feels like too lucky to be true.

Agreed. One thing all those testimonials lacked was one person saying, 'this thing saved my life because I was fucking suicidal and spent day and night thinking about how to end it easiest.'.......Although I suspect judging by his traumatised haunted expression Aidan aka walking dead was knocking around at that level for a long time.

Question is....where is he now?!? And don't think for a second he's not found his way here to Tinnitusville at some point. He basically mentioned this place in his video. So come on mate let's have you! Reveal yourself!! How are you doing these days you zombie mother*****?!?

Agreed. One thing all those testimonials lacked was one person saying, 'this thing saved my life because I was fucking suicidal and spent day and night thinking about how to end it easiest.'.......Although I suspect judging by his traumatised haunted expression Aidan aka walking dead was knocking around at that level for a long time.

Question is....where is he now?!? And don't think for a second he's not found his way here to Tinnitusville at some point. He basically mentioned this place in his video. So come on mate let's have you! Reveal yourself!! How are you doing these days you zombie mother*****?!?
Shit. You found me.

But the device aims to reduce tinnitus, which can't be measured objectively anyway? Surely by definition they were always going to be talking about things that can't be measured?
I stated that because so many times I've seen people critical of other things because there's no objective measures for certain things. I fully agree with you. I think if someone says they had chronic tinnitus and a treatment made it go away then that's good enough for me.

But I assume that the chance of having this in severe form was really low 70 years ago. I mean: if I had not went to 40 rock concerts I would be light years away from having this problem....

The symptom is "old" but the market has grown. Music is not harmless, as we can see.

Thanks for sharing... didn't see that before.

Well they didn't sound that fake to me, and if it's people acting I would say they are quite on the spot while talking about the tinnitus.

How the treatment works:

Seems I will really have to try it by myself. Just a bit of reduction in intensity or volume or both would be amazing.

I don't care about the volume, I just want the intensity to be decreased. This video somehow makes sense about how he described tinnitus.

But I assume that the chance of having this in severe form was really low 70 years ago. I mean: if I had not went to 40 rock concerts I would be light years away from having this problem....

The symptom is "old" but the market has grown. Music is not harmless, as we can see.
Really? Because I'm assuming World War I and II were fairly loud. The steam age was super loud. Have you ever done blacksmith work? That's incredibly loud. The saw mills? Loud. Textile factories? Loud. Pretty much the entire manufacturing sector as it started to boom (early 1800's) Mining? Incredibly loud. Head injuries were more common. Think of all the hearing loss with no option for hearing aids. For music... well look at Beethoven. Van Gogh cut his ear off. The ancient Egyptians wrote about tinnitus over 2000 years ago. Certainly, there are new and unique risks to our time, but the burden of tinnitus permeates our collective history.

We are incredibly lucky to be at this point in history.

Last edited:
Really? Because I'm assuming World War I and II were fairly loud. The steam age was super loud. Have you ever done blacksmith work? That's incredibly loud. The saw mills? Loud. Textile factories? Loud. Pretty much the entire manufacturing sector as it started to boom (early 1800's) Mining? Incredibly loud. Head injuries were more common. Think of all the hearing loss with no option for hearing aids. For music... well look at Beethoven. Van Gogh cut his ear off. The ancient Egyptians wrote about tinnitus over 2000 years ago. Certainly, there are new and unique risks to our time, but the burden of tinnitus permeates our collective history.

It is true. But I get the feeling that the concerts are the main generators of tinnitus (amplified sound, distortion, screams ... it's a big cocktail). Maybe the workers of those factories or the soldiers do not use the Internet. It's possible.

My grandfather used to be a blacksmith. I asked him about noise levels and he looked me kind of funny and said that yes of course it was loud, they didn't even think of using protective equipment, and they even developed special ways of hitting the anvil to make it even MORE loud just to mess with each other - yet he couldn't recall anyone ever complaining about hearing loss or tinnitus. His hearing is damaged all right (can't hear anything above 6500Hz) but then he's 80.

So the total noise burden of blacksmithing was actually less than we think, or people in his generation just had more resilient ears, or they were so accustomed to hardship (survivors of WW2) that tinnitus just couldn't faze them, or I don't know, but noise was a complete nonissue for him and his peers.

Ah come on man, she's innocent and hasn't had her eyes opened to how bad tinnitus can get. Let her enjoy her new silence lol.

upload_2018-12-14_16-6-9.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now