MuteButton

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Mc Garrity, Tinman, Murphy72....Any progress/updates? better, the same?? waste of $?

We are all waiting on reports from actual users and were expecting to hear by now as the 10 weeks should have passed. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Would love to hear some feedback on Mutebutton too. It would be nice to rule it in or out as a possible solution. If I could afford it right now, I would just go for it. If any reduction experienced by those who are trying it, I will definitely try to start saving towards getting it in the future.

Would love to hear some feedback on Mutebutton too. It would be nice to rule it in or out as a possible solution. If I could afford it right now, I would just go for it. If any reduction experienced by those who are trying it, I will definitely try to start saving towards getting it in the future.

Same here. Although, the results are a tad too unbelievable.

Because Mutebutton is not yet an option for me until I hear some feedback and save the money to buy, I bought, in the meantime, a self hypnosis app from a guy called Glenn Harrold. Anything is worth a try. The app cost only a few euro literally. But, you never know. Not something you expect results from overnight either. Will try it every day for a month and if it helps or not will post my experience. Have always been sceptical about hypnosis as a way of treating anything but, in the spirit of open-mindedness, I am giving it a try.

Because Mutebutton is not yet an option for me until I hear some feedback and save the money to buy, I bought, in the meantime, a self hypnosis app from a guy called Glenn Harrold. Anything is worth a try. The app cost only a few euro literally. But, you never know. Not something you expect results from overnight either. Will try it every day for a month and if it helps or not will post my experience. Have always been sceptical about hypnosis as a way of treating anything but, in the spirit of open-mindedness, I am giving it a try.

Good luck, I hope it helps. Wish some more people would post about this mutebutton. I guess the results are mute.

Using the translator. Sorry if the English is bad. A colleague of Spain has tested the Mute Button. The therapy is over. He has had no results. Nothing favorable. It seems that is the umpteenth Mute Button frustrated project for our cause.
Hopefully more patients tell their experience.

I found this interesting so I thought I would post;

http://www.irishhealth.com/discussion/message.html?dis=3&topic=4100

I actually spoke to the main audiologist in Mutebutton. After I had sent an email to them some time ago, I was emailed back asking me to call this lady. She was in a hurry to do something else during my conversation with her, so I asked her a few quick questions. One was if they are saying that patients experienced a reduction of 42% in their tinnitus levels on average, then presumably some patients responded more favourably to the treatment than others? If this was the case then what was the best individual case result they had recorded? Were some people completely cured of their tinnitus in their trials? She said no patient had been completely cured. I asked her how they came up with the percentage of 42%. Were some patients experiencing like 80% or greater reduction? She said not. I could sense I was becoming a little irritating to her with my line of persistent questioning, so I left it at that. In short, her answers didn't fill me with confidence. But, I still felt I wanted to give it a go when I could afford it. Unless someone posts a very positive review of the product on this forum or elsewhere, I may just abandon the plan to get it. We'll see. Back to my cheap self hypnosis app for now!

MuteButton, Antinitus, and Sound Relief are all total bs. I'm sorry if I'm raining on anyone's parade but I've reached a point in my life were I've accepted having T for the rest of it. News like this irks me because there are so many newbies and this gives them false hope. :mad::mad::censored::sour:

@LillianLexicon97

Acceptance is a good thing regarding habituation and blocking it out. But I wouldnt rule out the possibillity for a cure. Technology and knowledge on this is accelerating. Its fairly new that they figured out that tinnitus is generated by the brain and not the ears, so they now have something more accuarte to work with. Remember that there is big money in finding a tinnitus cure or relievers, so market forces are really pushing for a cure.

The idea is that the brain gradually begins to play down the illusory sounds of tinnitus, which is not related to the stimulation being felt on the tongue and the real sound being played into the headphones. In a trial at the National University of Ireland, the system was tested on 60 people who'd had tinnitus for longer than six months.

They should have put put out the data of this study ... on their website you have a video of 2 people speaking on it ...

The idea is that the brain gradually begins to play down the illusory sounds of tinnitus, which is not related to the stimulation being felt on the tongue and the real sound being played into the headphones. In a trial at the National University of Ireland, the system was tested on 60 people who'd had tinnitus for longer than six months.

They should have put put out the data of this study ... on their website you have a video of 2 people speaking on it ...

I would try this, if first, I see some others have some results on this thread and secondly they release the results of their study. Until them, this could be expensive spin on sound therapy, which I hope it isn't. Still, I don't know what these sound therapy companies will do if Autifony's drug is released.

@LillianLexicon97

Acceptance is a good thing regarding habituation and blocking it out. But I wouldnt rule out the possibillity for a cure. Technology and knowledge on this is accelerating. Its fairly new that they figured out that tinnitus is generated by the brain and not the ears, so they now have something more accuarte to work with. Remember that there is big money in finding a tinnitus cure or relievers, so market forces are really pushing for a cure.

Huge money your taking billions possibly! 22% of the world has it!

Huge money your taking billions possibly! 22% of the world has it!
May I ask where have you read this number of 22%?

"Roughly 10 percent of the adult population of the United States has experienced tinnitus lasting at least five minutes in the past year. This amounts to nearly 25 million Americans."

So the 10 percent, as far as I understand, includes also disco tinnitus that often goes away in a few hours / days.

"Approximately 50 million US adults reported having any tinnitus, and 16 million US adults reported having frequent tinnitus in the past year. The prevalence of frequent tinnitus increased with increasing age, peaking at 14.3% between 60 and 69 years of age."

16 million out of 318 million is about 5%.

Got an email from them today. Links to some media, including a TV interview that seems to cut off rather suddenly at a key moment. Didn't see any mention of results published. This is not looking promising to me.

Email:

Summer Offer – Free Second Consultation

To celebrate summer and our recent media coverage, we are proud to announce our exclusive offer for newsletter subscribers.

Book your mutebutton® consultation before the 31st of July 2015 and receive a second consultation free of charge*(value of €100).

For examples of some of our media coverage please click on the images below:

e8f2d822-1f77-4c2a-82be-41b4dc645d28.jpg bb6c8190-b77d-4260-af02-e271bfbbe9da.jpg

To Avail of this offer:

Call: 1890 221 221
And quote promotional code "Summer 2015".

Terms and conditions
* Initial booking must be made before the 31st of July
* Second consultation must be booked in by December 2015
* Promotion is non-transferable and may be retracted if customers are deemed to be in breach of terms of the offer by Neuromod Devices Limited

I replied to the email as follows:

Hi,

Is there any published information about the trial of this treatment yet please? There are a number of potential users out there who are just waiting for some concrete information on which to base a decision about your product. So far all that seems to have been provided is advertising and lightweight media coverage. There is a great desire to see mutebutton provide some more reliable information, including real trial data for examination.

Thanks,

I replied to the email as follows:

Hi,

Is there any published information about the trial of this treatment yet please? There are a number of potential users out there who are just waiting for some concrete information on which to base a decision about your product. So far all that seems to have been provided is advertising and lightweight media coverage. There is a great desire to see mutebutton provide some more reliable information, including real trial data for examination.

Thanks,

They have been very selective with what they people...Very strange.

I would also like to see some comments by people who have tried the mutebutton device and the results of their study. My tinnitus is not that bad but I'd certainly be happy with a reduction.

A quick response:

Many thanks for your email.

Our clinical trial paper is due for publication by a peer review journal. Until then, we are restricted in terms of what we can share. In the interim however, we do have related publications available on
www.mutebutton.ie/research

Kind Regards,

Mutebutton Customer Service Team

Neuromod Devices

tel: 00353 (0)1 253 1441

Does anyone know whether it rings true that they "are restricted in terms of what they can share?" I have been published in humanities and was never told that I could not give out details of my arguments, etc. until the journal was published. Is this how it works in science?

I decided to be pushy:

Dear Customer Service Team,

May I ask when the publication is due? It seems to have been pending for rather a while.

I hope that my questions are not unwelcome. I am a member of the Tinnitus Talk support forum and I know that there are many people there who are very interested to find out more about mutebutton. Since the outlay required to purchase it is very significant, and since results are clearly not guaranteed, people genuinely hope to have more to go on than the information that has been forthcoming so far.

Thanks,

Well, they are quick at responding anyway:

Not at all, all questions are welcome

However, we do not have an exact date for publication at the moment but expect it to be within the next two to three months.

Kind Regards,

Mutebutton Customer Service Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now