• 1424903312579.jpg
    1424903312579.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 10
when you forget your earplugs to the supermarket and get a spike

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-24 at 12.37.09.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-24 at 12.37.09.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
Why are we accepting the slow ass dragging getting treatments for hearing loss developed? Yo. FrequencyTx, hurry your asses up. Tell us something.

"The whole concept of tinnitus retraining is a kind of pseudoscience, whose results are almost wholly subjective. I find it deeply disturbing that almost the entire article, its refs, and external links are about one person and his model: the Jastreboff model. Yet this article is presented as scholarship. It needs to be redrafted to eliminate most references to the man and the model. Not that his model is invalid, but simply that if there's anything to this topic, it should have independent sources. What text there is woefully inadequate to help anyone understand what TRT is. What's 'directive therapy'? What do tinnitus maskers do? What's sound (music) therapy? I listen to music all day, is that therapy?? The whole article needs redrafted, and concepts explained.Sbalfour (talk) 03:01, 30 November 2015 (UTC)"

God tier comment

"The whole concept of tinnitus retraining is a kind of pseudoscience, whose results are almost wholly subjective. I find it deeply disturbing that almost the entire article, its refs, and external links are about one person and his model: the Jastreboff model. Yet this article is presented as scholarship. It needs to be redrafted to eliminate most references to the man and the model. Not that his model is invalid, but simply that if there's anything to this topic, it should have independent sources. What text there is woefully inadequate to help anyone understand what TRT is. What's 'directive therapy'? What do tinnitus maskers do? What's sound (music) therapy? I listen to music all day, is that therapy?? The whole article needs redrafted, and concepts explained.Sbalfour (talk) 03:01, 30 November 2015 (UTC)"

God tier comment
Quantum IQ

Mr. Rogers is /ourguy/
Here's /your guys/... defenders of the 14% who are habituation-proof...

The purpose of this study was to compare auditory mismatch negativity as the index of sensory memory and change detection among the studied groups to search for the factors involving in the perception of tinnitus and preventing habituation in decompensated tinnitus subjects.

This study revealed a deficit in sensory memory and change detection processing in decompensated tinnitus subjects. This causes persistent prediction errors; tinnitus signal is consistently detected as a new signal and activates the brain salience network and consequently prevents habituation to tinnitus.

Normal sensory memory is needed for normal function of sensory gating and habituation mechanisms

This study aimed to search for the possible causes of habituation deficit in decompensated tinnitus subjects in the context of Bayesian perception model.​

The purpose of this study was to compare auditory mismatch negativity as the index of sensory memory and change detection among the studied groups to search for the factors involving in the perception of tinnitus and preventing habituation in decompensated tinnitus subjects.

This study revealed a deficit in sensory memory and change detection processing in decompensated tinnitus subjects. This causes persistent prediction errors; tinnitus signal is consistently detected as a new signal and activates the brain salience network and consequently prevents habituation to tinnitus.

Normal sensory memory is needed for normal function of sensory gating and habituation mechanisms

This study aimed to search for the possible causes of habituation deficit in decompensated tinnitus subjects in the context of Bayesian perception model.​
Wow it's almost as if we've been lied to by a conman selling a therapy

Was this study already posted in the research section? More people should see it. Perhaps we could start a thread where we collect studies focused on why people don't habituate.

Can you link me to the official study? I would like to ask Richard Tyler about this. I am not sure he is aware of this study since his ideas are very different.

Was this study already posted in the research section? More people should see it. Perhaps we could start a thread where we collect studies focused on why people don't habituate.

"Habituation" to me is simply ignoring something. Even if our awareness doesn't go away.

Then this problem emerges: our quality of life is suffering from tinnitus but we have conditioned ourselves to blame everything other than the tinnitus we have ignored.

Then another problem emerges from this: doctors ignore our plight as well.

"Habituation" is deceiving ourselves as well as the medical community.

As CSO I command you all to help me find out what that Hough Ear pill is. If there are any FDA trials or patents the chemical is going to be listed there. This is important because everything we've seen so far needs to be injected into our ears. With this we can just eat it.

It'll be some lab chemical that we can just buy from somewhere, I bet.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now