• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

New University of Michigan Tinnitus Discovery — Signal Timing

it's reasonable to hypothesize that those with tinnitus and more extensive damage may not experience improvement or may have other factors that make them less likely to respond to treatment.
This is true. I have normal hearing in my left ear and severe-to-profound high-frequency hearing loss in my right ear. However, she says tinnitus is in the brain, so who knows. Mine is highly somatic, though.

Are we there yet? :barefoot:

20241003_051721.gif

Jokes, I keep waiting a few months and checking this thread. I can't believe it's still not out yet. A snail's pace is an understatement, I think a snail could go faster.

I feel like that's a necessary disclaimer. Many people experience strong anxiety related to their tinnitus, and a reduction in volume might not seem significant to everyone. Additionally, since we cannot measure the extent of damage in individuals, it's reasonable to hypothesize that those with tinnitus and more extensive damage may not experience improvement or may have other factors that make them less likely to respond to treatment.
I still don't understand why MRI isn't used to determine if a person has tinnitus. Years ago, it was reported that in people with tinnitus, a specific part of the brain lit up during an MRI. Why isn't this technique used to monitor whether someone's tinnitus improves or not? Am I missing something?

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now