Egg

Author
Jun 3, 2018
Tinnitus Since
2/6/2018
Cause of Tinnitus
Acoustic Trauma (Concert)
Hi,

So after 1 year of the same low pitch tinnitus, I recently got a very high pitch that is constant but seems to fluctuate (kind of like a electronic sound that is always there but is static). It's very hard to ignore and although my old pitch seems to be gone -- or at least I can't hear it anymore -- this really takes me back a year in terms of habituation. It's also a lot harder to mask.
Although I recently got a hearing test and there was nothing new there, I am wondering if it may be related to my current cold. The cold and this pitch almost started simultaneously and have both lasted for a little more than a week now.

Do you guys think this might be permanent or do you think it might be a spike triggered by the cold. I usually get spikes when I have a cold but never a consistent new pitch. I was not worried for the first week too much because I figured it would go away with my cold. But since my cold is almost gone now, I am wondering if my tinnitus is changing in character or if this was triggered by something else. Did anybody experience a sudden and very annoying shift in both the volume and the pitch of their t as a spike and if so how long did it take to go away?

Also friends with high pitched tinnitus, have you habituated/what do you use to mask because my usual masking sounds really don't work. And after a year of progress have become more aware of I've been of my t for a while. I am feeling incredibly hopeless...

Egg

My tinnitus is similar to yours static hiss did have a very veryvery sea shell sound for years never bothered me but this static one is bothering me. I have it since end of Jan after a head cold. Still waiting for it to go even tho my headcold has gone months ago.

The hiss 7 months in. Not as anxious when it first started. I can sleep better now but just 3 hours. It fades up and down like its moving. They high hiss is usually neck nerves that need to be adjusted by chiropractor. I'm trying it.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now