• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Saffron Cure for Tinnitus?

The way I get it is that yeah it feels like it comes from the center of your head, and it can feel like your whole head is vibrating, very annoying...
Luckily I don't get it often, only get it temporary after being in too much noise.

I just think that brain T is a different kind of T , I can feel a distinct difference when T moves to my ears (feels like its a sound that I can "hear" ) as opposed to brain T where its almost like a sensation , a shrill buzzing sensation in the brain, unmaskable . To me , regular T is such a huge relief that I would be happy to just get rid of the brain T.

Is your T noise induced?Or did it just start randomly?Also any hearing loss?
Hard to say , I have hearing loss at 4-6 k from years ago , in my teens.
I stopped Benzos cold turkey and did lose some high freq , 12 k and up when i did that and then I got T .
Possibly ...the fact that I make music could have been a factor , so a combination of ototoxicity and noise ?

Damn Im happy for you but also sad that it doesnt do the same for me :( I hear four tones and if my main one (brain T) could vanish I would be so happy and could cope
Im impress that it can lower yours like that
Saffron have antidepressant effect, is it dangerous to take it with Prozac?

Hard to say , I have hearing loss at 4-6 k from years ago , in my teens.
I stopped Benzos cold turkey and did lose some high freq , 12 k and up when i did that and then I got T .
Possibly ...the fact that I make music could have been a factor , so a combination of ototoxicity and noise ?
How long were you on Benzos Razah?And how much higher frequency hearing did you lose?

I was on Benzos from November to mid January last year,2/4mg a day.

The sickening part is I didn't even know they were Benzos!My doctor gave them to me for a shoulder problem I was having and he said these might relieve it.It did so I continued taking them under the impression it was a muscle relaxer,I googled them for ototoxicity as I do with every single med I'm given but nothing really showed up.When I went to him again in January he mentioned that they were a member of the Benzo family and shouldn't be taken long term so they had to be discontinued before dependency became a huge problem.I felt sickened, I have never taken a Benzo in my life and here I was swallowing them without even realising it!He stopped me cold turkey and I didn't suffer any withdrawels or anything like that thank god but I suffered a noise exposure no more than a month later that worsened me severely.

I wonder if these had anything to do with it?Is 2/5 months considered a long time to be taking these?And was the abrupt stoppage a bad idea on his part.From what I understand it's the discontinuation that causes problems but seeing as my noise exposure happened around the same time I'm not sure if they're related or not.

@bill 112 Which benzo were you taking? T is one of the main benzo withdrawal side effects especially if you already have a predisposition to T.

In regards to brain T, it's exactly how everyone described. Sometimes I feel like the sound is floating above my head, it really makes you feel more nuts than regular ear T (not to discredit anyone suffering from ear T, as I know it can be very distressing when it's loud as well).

@bill 112 Which benzo were you taking? T is one of the main benzo withdrawal side effects especially if you already have a predisposition to T.

In regards to brain T, it's exactly how everyone described. Sometimes I feel like the sound is floating above my head, it really makes you feel more nuts than regular ear T (not to discredit anyone suffering from ear T, as I know it can be very distressing when it's loud as well).
It was Diazepam but after closer inspection I don't think it has anything to do with my T.

My T is ear T, it's affected by sound and worsened by sound and nothing else.A loud noise always came before my worsenings, meds or anything for that matter were never responsible, it was always sound.
Caffeine or anything else has zero effect on it.
I took a Valium a few days ago and it had zero effect on it also and from what I gather if your T is brain related or benzo related it usually eases with GABA modulators, mine doesn't, Valium makes me a zombie but it doesn't improve my T just makes me too dumb to care.

I'm sure my CNS is involved someway or another, I do hear electric noise in my head at times usually after a worsening this arrives or after being around too much noise then disappears again.

I told you so @RaZaH - saffron doesn't work

You are right , it does not work for everyone. It might work for you, though , Do you have brain T ?
Seems to work best for that as far as i can tell?

Look, I get it , we have all seen these "cures" "remedies" come and go , CBD , B1 , etc etcc etc.
SO when someone names a thread " Saffron Cure for T" I would be suspicious , or more to the point convinced it was just one more of these threads. I have just taken the stance of trying anything as long as its not risky to health etc.

Its not perfect , but it helps, in my opinion.

In any event , I will not be defending this or promoting from now on.
Seems silly and counterproductive to quarrel about this.
I have stated how this came about and what it seems to be doing for me .
I am now just going to enjoy this while it lasts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safranal

Safranal
is an organic compound isolated from saffron, the spice consisting of the stigmas of crocus flowers (Crocus sativus). It is the constituent primarily responsible for the aroma of saffron.

It is believed that safranal is a degradation product of the carotenoid zeaxanthin via the intermediacy of picrocrocin.

Pharmacology[edit]
Safranal is an effective anticonvulsant shown to act as an agonist at GABAA receptors.[1][2]Safranal also exhibits high antioxidant and free radical scavenging activity,[3][4] along with cytotoxicity towards cancer cells in vitro.[5] It has also been shown to have antidepressant properties.[6][7]

It seems it does work as a kind of benzo, just not sure if there is tolerance or withdrawal effect. Anyone share experiences?

It seems it does work as a kind of benzo, just not sure if there is tolerance or withdrawal effect. Anyone share experiences?
This is where I am slightly concerned . Fully expect to build tolerance , hope it does not get worse when stopped.
I havent taken benzos since onset , can someone pitch in and tell us if a tiny amount of benzo would give you a full "silent" day ?

Like now , I have 98% silence. Might change in an hour or a few minutes , but for now 98% silence ?

This is where I am slightly concerned . Fully expect to build tolerance , hope it does not get worse when stopped.
I havent taken benzos since onset , can someone pitch in and tell us if a tiny amount of benzo would give you a full "silent" day ?

Like now , I have 98% silence. Might change in an hour or a few minutes , but for now 98% silence ?
Can you describe 98 percent silence. When where how loud ?

Some "presence" of T when I hold my hands over my ears , but I dont notice any T while sitting here listening to low music and just doing my thing. So, I can find it if I want to but essentially not there .

Hows your T whilst sleeping and having your ears on your pillow

As of yet , I can hear it better when going to sleep, I would catagorize my current "Saffron" T as mild.

A bit twisted , as awesome as this is , I am obviously concerned about tolerance and taking something that has unknown effects , longterm.

Keep in mind , dont think that I am T free, its just much, much better.

I just think that brain T is a different kind of T , I can feel a distinct difference when T moves to my ears (feels like its a sound that I can "hear" ) as opposed to brain T where its almost like a sensation , a shrill buzzing sensation in the brain, unmaskable . To me , regular T is such a huge relief that I would be happy to just get rid of the brain T.

Yep, your 'brain' T sounds very similar to mine. I had pulsatile T for a short time after getting IT injections, and that was relaxing to me because it distracted some from this ultra high pitched brain T.

Weird thing is, my T is from an acoustic trauma, and the brain T is more pronounced on the left side which was the side facing my acoustic trauma.

@RaZaH
It is working on me I lived 15 good days no buzzing no hissing no headaches but the tone in my ear still there with no change in volume.It has a same mecanisme of benzo , the only one side effect I experienced is tolerance ,I try to sleep this night without it and I will see.

Hi new to forum. reading this thread with great interest. Have had T almost 3 years. Along with the T I have almost daily migraines. Life is kind of miserable right now. I seem to have 2 good days then one bad day, 1 good day, 2 bad days. In other words it never makes sense. My T is caused by ototoxic meds. Has anyone with T from meds tried the saffron yet. I am happy it is working for the original poster but skeptical in his case since T can go away on its own if you have it for 3 months. He clearly got lucky RazaH I am rooting for you. I can only imagine how blissful it must feel to have so many days of silence but I also understand the anxiety of knowing it could come back. Every 2 weeks or so I get a few hours where I have to strain to hear it. Thank you to the members who are trying this. I may give it a try very soon.

Hi new to forum. reading this thread with great interest. Have had T almost 3 years. Along with the T I have almost daily migraines. Life is kind of miserable right now. I seem to have 2 good days then one bad day, 1 good day, 2 bad days. In other words it never makes sense. My T is caused by ototoxic meds. Has anyone with T from meds tried the saffron yet. I am happy it is working for the original poster but skeptical in his case since T can go away on its own if you have it for 3 months. He clearly got lucky RazaH I am rooting for you. I can only imagine how blissful it must feel to have so many days of silence but I also understand the anxiety of knowing it could come back. Every 2 weeks or so I get a few hours where I have to strain to hear it. Thank you to the members who are trying this. I may give it a try very soon.

He is so lucky and should be very grateful. Very careful with his health too.

Now I just finished my second week. Had a few moments that it looked like T was lower than usual but I do not think it did much. But ....I bought for 11 Euros plenty of saffon in an organic shop to continue the next two weeks as well

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now