Saffron Cure for Tinnitus?

https://www.projectcbd.org/article/im-just-mad-about-saffron
I'm Just Mad About Saffron
& Other Spices that Activate the Endocannabinoid System

have you ever eaten saffron... on weed?

Seriously this is a little interesting because cannabinoid downregulation in the dorsal cochlear nucleus has been implicated in tinnitus pathology according to some study I read.

I made tea with a bit more than 4 strands last night. It was tasty. My tinnitus went absolutely through the roof for a couple hours afterwards, but I think that's got a lot more to do with the low-dose naltrexone I took around the same time. Sorry I can't be a better lab rat for this, but I'm on too much shit...

Amber@ I think ur T ringing so loudly. I m nt a English teacher. It's true I don't know English well bcz it's nt my mother language and also I don't live in a English country. When I joined to this forum it was nt mentioned "u should be a professor of English"........lol

Amber@ dear bro u hv a GOOD habit to insulting people. I appreciate u. U should know everybody here nt a English teacher and nt from English country. I m sorry 4 my bad English. To see ur post may be I should leave this forum. But nooooo I m still here bcz I don't care someone talk like a stupid.

Amber@ dear bro u hv a GOOD habit to insulting people. I appreciate u. U should know everybody here nt a English teacher and nt from English country. I m sorry 4 my bad English. To see ur post may be I should leave this forum. But nooooo I m still here bcz I don't care someone talk like a stupid.
Vous écrivez l'anglais très mieux que j'écris français

have you ever eaten saffron... on weed?

Seriously this is a little interesting because cannabinoid downregulation in the dorsal cochlear nucleus has been implicated in tinnitus pathology according to some study I read.

I like the part about it enhancing the function of the GABA receptors. If it really works, it could at least be a natural alternative to benzos. Then again, you'll probably see the same diminishing returns over time.

@linearb The best way to take Saffron is to soak it in milk for a 5 mins and drinking it in the morning. Also do use more Saffron strands at one time.

I put some Saffron in my decaf coffee this morning with butter and I have to say my tinnitus has been very quiet all day. Even silent at times. Not sure if it's just me having a very good T day or somehow related. Will keep trying it for a week and see how it goes.

I put some Saffron in my decaf coffee this morning with butter and I have to say my tinnitus has been very quiet all day. Even silent at times. Not sure if it's just me having a very good T day or somehow related. Will keep trying it for a week and see how it goes.

Is that unusual for your T or does it normally fluctuate like that?

So, I went on a Saffron journey in Tenerife, went from the south end to the north end of the island, found a spice dealer and bought me some Saffron , felt like i was buying coke , it even comes in these drug looking envelopes.
I did not know what a pinch was so i just took half an envelope 10-15 strands and made tea, did not have milk.
Drank it in the evening , the day after I started with the tea,went for a long hike and got the most silent day in a long time. Same routine for the next day and a super quiet day.

Obviously If you have had T for long enough you will know how it varies randomly , and for some reason it likes to fool you with more quiet days when you are trying something new.

The third day and I was back to bad T , this was the day of the trip back , fell asleep on the plane and since its always horrible for me to wake up , then waking up on a plane on a bad T day ...wow, hardcore trip , would have preferred 5 hours of waterboarding.

Usually I wake up with a wall of high frequencies, a storm in my head if you will.
I noticed on the first day , when I woke up that the T was just one freq , super high pitch.

All of this is very probably a mixture of random coincidence, beautiful scenery on my hike and placebo.
Will finish my batch of Saffron though.
Hate milk though, will keep on making tea, unless the milk is important ?

To clarify:
I was on holiday in Tenerife and was having a pretty hardcore T most of the time, my best days came when I took the Saffron , however I was due for a slight break so, doubt Saffron has anything to do with it.

@RaZaH it's worth a go trying with warm milk as the OP suggested. I have been reading studies about saffron and it is as effective as anti-depressants for treating depression without the side effects. There is also research on it as a treatment for macular degeneration. I will be trying saffron too but I need to find a good source for it. They say Spanish saffron is the best.

Also I think it becomes toxic at high doses and is not recommended for pregnant women. The op said he only mixed a pinch with warm milk (5 to 10 strands)

And, did it work?

@mintblue Glad to hear you are feeling better. Glad I could help others. Also pls try it with milk, that's the right way to do it.

So, I went on a Saffron journey in Tenerife, went from the south end to the north end of the island, found a spice dealer and bought me some Saffron , felt like i was buying coke , it even comes in these drug looking envelopes.
I did not know what a pinch was so i just took half an envelope 10-15 strands and made tea, did not have milk.
Drank it in the evening , the day after I started with the tea,went for a long hike and got the most silent day in a long time. Same routine for the next day and a super quiet day.

Obviously If you have had T for long enough you will know how it varies randomly , and for some reason it likes to fool you with more quiet days when you are trying something new.

The third day and I was back to bad T , this was the day of the trip back , fell asleep on the plane and since its always horrible for me to wake up , then waking up on a plane on a bad T day ...wow, hardcore trip , would have preferred 5 hours of waterboarding.

Usually I wake up with a wall of high frequencies, a storm in my head if you will.
I noticed on the first day , when I woke up that the T was just one freq , super high pitch.

All of this is very probably a mixture of random coincidence, beautiful scenery on my hike and placebo.
Will finish my batch of Saffron though.
Hate milk though, will keep on making tea, unless the milk is important ?

To clarify:
I was on holiday in Tenerife and was having a pretty hardcore T most of the time, my best days came when I took the Saffron , however I was due for a slight break so, doubt Saffron has anything to do with it.
@RaZaH You are supposed to use only 5-10 strands. Not more than that. Also soak it in half a glass of lukewarm milk for 10-15 mins before you drink. Keep this routine for a week. You can drink this early morning and nightime before going to bed.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now