Second Acoustic Trauma: Seeking Advice on Ear Fullness/Pressure

Thanks for sending over this protocol! I'm already listening to music every day at a comfortable volume, but the phases outlined in Rob's protocol make a lot of sense, especially the last one, where you briefly set the volume to an uncomfortable level before lowering it back to a loud but comfortable level. It sounds risky with headphones, but he provides careful instructions. His music training/therapy spans a 10-month period, and if you follow the protocol, by the end of those 10 months, your ears should be able to tolerate a short exposure to uncomfortable volume.

Listening only at low volumes wouldn't make sense for the therapy, especially if you're looking to recover from hyperacusis and TTTS. Gradually increasing the volume daily is key to helping your auditory system desensitize. One thing Rob may have implied but didn't specifically mention is the importance of choosing your favorite music for the therapy. Listening to music you enjoy can boost serotonin levels, which can enhance neuroplasticity and potentially improve results.

Interestingly, like with your TTTS symptoms, mine also started two months after my acoustic trauma. I didn't experience fluttering in the initial weeks. You mentioned that you had a constant 24/7 clicking, so, no fluttering in response to certain sounds? I haven't experienced 24/7 clicking. TTTS can present with various symptoms, but after an acoustic trauma, the main symptom tends to be fluttering in response to specific tones or volume
May I ask if you also experience an increase in ear pressure when you speak? My ear pressure tends to increase in the evening, along with the high-pitched tinnitus.

May I ask if you also experience an increase in ear pressure when you speak? My ear pressure tends to increase in the evening, along with the high-pitched tinnitus.
I have this issue as well. When I speak or chew food, ear pressure builds up, and my tinnitus increases. I suspect this may be due to my TMJ acting up.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now