• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

South Korean Clinic Treatment (Dr. Minbo Shim)

Is that $4.500 for 2 ears? 2 injection? I assume one if I reread your post
One injection. Last year he said I could have two for the price of one because of my hearing loss only being slight. This was back when it was $6,000 a shot. So, it'd be $9,000+ ($2,250 in my case) depending on the person. Also, depending on hearing loss severity. I think this is a rather good deal, personally. It's about as much as laser eye surgery. (Well, except if you have really bad hearing loss.)

But this before his upcoming improvements. It may end up costing even less. Also depends on if he does the Sales Festa thing again, where he made it half off per shot. If it's possible, I would recommend waiting until then.

I've got authorization to leave work to go to Korea. I've got the money. I just need an audiogram, my passport, and an appointment. I'm not going to lie, I'm scared. If this makes me worse my life is over, but it's already really difficult. I'm being mercilessly tortured by tinnitus, and my wife and son need me but I can't even play with my son because hes loud and I have hyperacusis. I cannot wait for the FDA and some corporation to get something approved for tinnitus, which will take years. If I do my life will deteriorate into ruin.

I've got authorization to leave work to go to Korea. I've got the money. I just need an audiogram, my passport, and an appointment. I'm not going to lie, I'm scared. If this makes me worse my life is over, but it's already really difficult. I'm being mercilessly tortured by tinnitus, and my wife and son need me but I can't even play with my son because hes loud and I have hyperacusis. I cannot wait for the FDA and some corporation to get something approved for tinnitus, which will take years. If I do my life will deteriorate into ruin.
I truly understand your bisecting thoughts. I´m in the same situation. But I don´t dare to travel. Probably my 4 year long benzo withdrawal symptoms that's stopping me, even though it´s starting to fade a bit.

What I would definitely make sure of, before undergoing this treatment, is to know that it doesn´t affect or deplete your progenitor cells.

He is using the growth factors from the bloodplasma of the patient. It is called PRP (Plately Rich plasma). It is used for skin improvements, hair growth, injury treatment).

So at a certain moment Shim Min Bo decided to apply this method to the ear knowing that PRP is assumed to be safe. Very smart of his. I can dream that my ENT came forward with that idea. But at the other hand PRP is not approved by the FDA.

Last edited:
I truly understand your bisecting thoughts. I´m in the same situation. But I don´t dare to travel. Probably my 4 year long benzo withdrawal symptoms that's stopping me, even though it´s starting to fade a bit.

What I would definitely make sure of, before undergoing this treatment, is to know that it doesn´t affect or deplete your progenitor cells.
I posted a pubmed article that said IGF-1 proliferates supporting cells.

Talk to Minbo Shim on Skype. You should at least get to know him first. You should also ask him as many questions as you need to. Going to South Korea is a big decision. Also, this is a medical trip, so I think you try to get someone to go with you.

So I have been watching this thread, I'm grateful for the information you guys have shared. I am especially grateful that @JohnAdams intends to pioneer this for us. He appears to possess quite the combination of desperation and courage.

This is conjecture, but I find it difficult to believe PRP could be dangerous for John to try.

Also, as far as the effectiveness of this treatment, it reminds me of an article that I'm sure most have read by now:

https://news.usc.edu/140224/new-study-shows-hope-for-hearing-loss/

They talk about the inner-ear fluid flushing the cochlea of any drugs or attempted application; if the described viscosity of the PRP enables the PRP to adhere to the cochlea, this treatment seems like it definitely has the right concept for application.

I'll give some context:

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20170056447

"when the levels at each frequency were compared between before and after administrations of high-viscosity PRP to the tympanic cavity, compared to those before administration, it was found that the levels after administration of high-viscosity PRP to the tympanic cavity decreased. The subject's hearing was improved only by administration of high-viscosity PRP. Therefore, it was confirmed that PRP exhibits a prophylactic or therapeutic effect on sensorineural hearing loss or tinnitus."

I think PRP is safe as it is your own body plasma which is used. What I was looking for is how it actually works in the inner ear. So if damage cells will be repaired or that new ones will be generated to understand if we later can still do a Frequenty or Audion treatment. It would be superb if it repairs damage cells as it will then compliment new cell generation.

I think PRP is safe as it is your own body plasma which is used. What I was looking for is how it actually works in the inner ear. So if damage cells will be repaired or that new ones will be generated to understand if we later can still do a Frequenty or Audion treatment. It would be superb if it repairs damage cells as it will then compliment new cell generation.
I was actually thinking about this too actually

Well, I've got 6-8 weeks to wait for my passport.
J. Adams - You have a chance to become like fu**ing Yuri Gagarin. If we will know through your experience that Shimbo's clinic and patient's rewiews are not fake - then that means FX-322 (and others) will be successful. Good luck to you friend. I have severe one sided hearing loss and tinnitus and I wish I could go to the clinic.

J. Adams - You have a chance to become like fu**ing Yuri Gagarin. If we will know through your experience that Shimbo's clinic and patient's rewiews are not fake - then that means FX-322 (and others) will be successful. Good luck to you friend. I have severe one sided hearing loss and tinnitus and I wish I could go to the clinic.
Why would it mean that FX and others would be successful? They are not all using the same formula.

Well, it's almost a done deal that FX-322 works but Dr. Minbo is a different technology.

Why would it mean that FX and others would be successful? They are not all using the same formula.
Minbo regenerates your dead inner ear hair cells (I don't know if it's a scam). I think if he could do it now, then we can use it in couple of years from big pharmaceutical companies (in Europe/Asia first). I am talking about inner ear regeneration medicine.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now