• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

South Korean Clinic Treatment (Dr. Minbo Shim)

I want to believe that he has something that can help everyone, but I honestly think he doesn't

You know what? My life got better after I decided to have faith he was honest. My depression lessened and my thoughts of suicide were gone. I don't want to lose this faith until I see evidence that he is a fraud.

I would rather avoid being misanthropic and cynical again.

You know what? My life got better after I decided to have faith he was honest. My depression lessened and my thoughts of suicide were gone. I don't want to lose this faith until I see evidence that he is a fraud.

I would rather avoid being misanthropic and cynical again.
Here Here! I'm also talking to a SC clinic in AZ to I'll have to pick. I'm willing to try something new here. Ed209 has very valid points regarding this guy too

Yep, they *claim* to be able to help with hearing loss? No mention of tinnitus of course but hell. They called me today but I wasn't awake. I'm gonna set up a call with them tomorrow and ask some q's

Dont you think Mute Button and Susan Shores device is a bit more promising and maybe worth the investment instead of something that is supposed to treat hearing loss ?

Dont you think Mute Button and Susan Shores device is a bit more promising and maybe worth the investment instead of something that is supposed to treat hearing loss ?
Oh I agree, considering my measurable HL is minimal in the first place. I'm just exploring some options in the mean time. I wanna have faith in mutebutton and I have no clue when Shore's device will be out. I wanna put the fucking nail in the coffin of T.

No, You can't get those in the USA as far as I know. Just Asian countries

@PDodge, So I searched far and wide to find this; my friend @noitseuq sent this to me awhile ago:

"I emailed a clinic in Arizona and they just replied.

Thank you for your interest in our clinic. As you have seen on our website (https://www.the-stem-cell-center.com/), in the past we have offered autologous stem cell harvesting. We are in the process of updating our website to include the most cutting edge treatments we currently offer. Due to FDA mandates, we are no longer able to offer autologous adipose stem cell therapy. We now offer stem cell therapy using cells derived from the umbilical cord and the amniotic membrane of the placenta, as treatment for injuries and conditions of all kinds, including tendon/ligament injuries as well as other musculoskeletal conditions. Stem cells derived from the umbilical cord contain mesenchymal stem cells, just like the stem cells that come from the adipose tissue. The cells are considered immune privileged so there is no worry of rejection or interactions with your immune system. Our physicians do see patients for many conditions and treat them with a variety of therapies. As each person is a unique individual, they will respond differently to the treatment. Although there have been many advances in stem cell therapy and many positive results reported, there are no guarantees, nor do we wish to provide false hopes. We do these stem cell procedures as the practice of medicine and not as an FDA approved treatment. Although, the stem cells products that come from the umbilical cord and amniotic membrane of the placenta are FDA approved stem cell products. Therefore, we do not make any medical claims. Our treatments are performed in the USA which is the main difference between our therapies and that of other facilities.

Our physicians care about their patients, listen to them and take the time and effort involved to achieve the best results. The exact treatment would be determined by yourself and the attending physician during the review process - keeping history, past treatments and current conditions in mind. The total fee for the stem cell procedure ranges from $3,500 to $7,800.00. We can provide an individualized quote when our physicians review your medical information and get an understanding of your individual medical condition. Any treatments for your specific condition, or other therapies/recommendations the physician provides during the Stem Cell Treatment day, would be included in the treatment fee. The only procedures that are not included in this fee are add on procedures like the male shot (for erectile dysfunction), the O shot (for female sexual health and incontinence) and any aesthetic procedures. If you would like more information about these procedures, including pricing, please contact us.

The stem cell treatment using Amniotic and/or Umbilical cord derived stem cells is a one day procedure. This procedure is recommended for joint and ligament/tendon conditions or injuries: This procedure can last from 2-4 hours depending on the number of therapies or joints that need to be treated. You will receive a consultation with physician, nutrient IV to help support your body and stem cells, trigger point injections and regenerative therapeutic joint injections (if needed), custom dietary and supplement recommendations specific to your health needs, nebulizer treatment (determined by physician) and intranasal injections (determined by physician) . During the treatment, stem cells from your blood (PRP) and/or stem cells derived from the amniotic membrane of the placenta and/or stem cells derived from the Wharton's Jelly of the umbilical cord will be used in the regenerative injection therapy procedure. There are a range of products to choose from, and it is best if you complete the attached medical information form and return it. Our physicians will review it and make recommendations for the most effective stem cell products for your particular condition. At that time, we can also provide a more accurate cost quote for the individualized procedure. For more information regarding Amniotic and Umbilical Stem Cells, please see the attached graft that provides additional details.

If you have additional questions regarding our stem cell procedures or the healing potential of stem cells, many of them may be answered by visiting our website at: https://www.the-stem-cell-center.com/faq.html. Please also feel free to respond to this email or give me a call and I will be more than happy to explain things in greater detail.

If you would like to be evaluated further for our stem cell treatment, please complete the Medical Information Form online at: https://the-stem-cell-center.com/medical-information-form (or attached). All areas of the Medical Information Form must be completed or you will receive an error. Also, please make sure that the email address is formatted correctly. You may also wish to submit any medical records that you deem relevant to the case, including blood work, MRI, or CT scans."

Ah Thanks! turns out I had my SC's mixed up!

Well it seems so, but I thought all of that was illegal in US too, so now I'm not sure what is going on. Why is Arizona so special, or did the law change? They are talking about adipose laws changing, so I have no idea.

Sorry to change the subject. I'm stoked to see those Skype Screenshots! @Zeneth

@humptydumpty69
4846a218266e6bc88d7815f4bee289e8.png

Just waiting, I'll post here as soon as he replies!

So most of this is good news. I'm glad to read that the side effects have been so minimal; he is claiming 0.06% mild otitis. 1-2 months is much better than the stem cell window of recovery. Also, I suppose it makes sense that the more PRP you get, 3 weeks worth of injections, the better chances you have of recovery. And again, obviously if your whole ear is blown out, you are going to have much difficulty with recovery, and he says can't resurrect.

My concern is that some patients experience recurrence. So this means that the effects are temporary? Is there a specific ear condition that sees this outcome more than others? Can we predict this in any way? Also, those patients who have complete deafness, I wonder if they experience any progress at all, or they just plainly cannot be helped with this treatment?

When he says "Yes," after "Usually I take 1~2months until you feel any recovery," what is he replying to with affirmation? Was it the intra-tympanic injections?

As far as my conjecture on the matter, I have seen wonderful results with PRP used on both recent and aged facial scars. Although the skin does heal, and fairly well, and this must be a huge factor in the use of PRP aiding with healing. Though I would argue that the ears do heal as well, and that I have experienced it personally by means of alternative therapies; it is just that they heal terribly, terribly inefficiently. I like to think that loads of "Sticky PRP" could do something, but that it would take multiple treatments. I think that we should consider that even though the viscosity should aid in adhering to the cochlea, I would imagine that the inner-ear fluid still washes a decent amount of PRP away. If I were considering this, I would gear up for the 3 weeks, and do no less than the 2 weeks. If the viscosity wasn't being utilized, I don't know that I would even be considering a PRP procedure; but I really like the idea of this application.

Okay, but what about the frequency dips @vaka reported. He did an in-depth analysis of the results, and some of them had frequencies lose some slight hearing while everything else improved. Of course, they appeared correctable by doing another shot, but that doesn't mean those dips aren't worth acknowledging. Did he improve his procedure?

I thought it was a done deal you were going.

Have you changed your mind?
No, I just have to wait on my passport. It would be great if this community could help me further research in the meantime. Tinnitus and hyperacusis has almost ruined my life and I'm desperate, and I love you all as well and am willing to try this out because if it does of course I will declare it, and perhaps bring many of us that can make the trip out of eeeeeeeeee mind torture.

In a similar fashion, Dr. Lutz Wilden isn't that well-known, and also had people accuse him being a scammer. He has been in practice with LLLT for decades. I originally thought that he was bullcrap, and yet multiple people here have said that his devices truly have helped them, and the science of LLLT that I read online seemed realistic. I bought one for myself, and it has helped a little, but I don't see it fully reversing my problems.

Wilden is one of the reasons why I have kept an open mind with "if this works, why hasn't he been all over the news?". Despite several people saying Wilden helped them, he doesn't really have much of a name.

I cannot explain why someone with a unique treatment that worked wouldn't want to get the message out. It's weird, but it hasn't deterred me from wanting to see evidence.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now