• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Tinnitus from a Very Loud 3-Hour Concert

Hi, everyone; I'm new to tinnitus. About 9 days ago, I attended a concert where the noise level reached over 110 dB. A few days after the concert, I had an audiology test, and it showed mild hearing loss in my left ear (the side closest to the stage), along with tinnitus. It's really driving me crazy.

I'm hopeful it will go away with time because, even after just 9 days, one of the two tones seems to have disappeared, and the feeling of fullness in my ear is starting to subside. However, I'm concerned because I've been reading online — I really need to stay off these forums — that a temporary threshold shift usually resolves within a few days, but it's already been 9 days for me.

I need to find a way to adapt to this. Otherwise, I will lose my mind.
Adjusting takes time, so in the meantime, try to find sleep aids that help you get 6-7 hours of rest, as this is crucial. Also, consider reducing your sodium intake and cutting back on caffeine a bit—no need to give it up entirely.

You might also want to download an app for meditation and breathing exercises, which can be useful when you're feeling anxious and before going to bed.

Lastly, think about getting a Swedish massage, which can stimulate the central nervous system. If daytime noise bothers you, using rain sounds might help mask it enough to drown out the ringing. You can listen for 10, 15, or 20 minutes, or however long you prefer.

This could help you mentally and may even reduce the ringing slightly. Take care!

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now