• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Tinnitus My Whole Life — Now Got a "Second Tinnitus" in One Ear, It Feels Like My Ear Vibrates

aimsy42

Author
Oct 18, 2022
Tinnitus Since
09/2022
Cause of Tinnitus
Unknown
Hi, I'm Amy, 30. I've had tinnitus my whole life and thought it was normal for so long!

In July, it got worse, like a second tinnitus on top of the one I'm used to. Not sure that's possible but it feels like I've got two different tinnitus' at the same time. I have the normal quiet high-pitched ringing that's always been in the background. I don't think I've ever heard silence.

But this second one is a nuisance. It varies from day to day. It's only in one ear. Sometimes it feels like my ear is vibrating and I can sometimes change the way it sounds by moving my head or pressing on my ear. Other times it's in time with my pulse. Then it's erratic and burbly like a dial up tone. And then sometimes it'll be like a car engine or a washing machine.

I was diagnosed with low iron but despite taking supplements, it's still there. I've been referred to ENT but it's such a long wait and I feel like I'm going mad and so worried it's something serious especially since I get dizzy spells and passed out the other day... but I had COVID-19 at the time too and the paramedics thought it was that since it seems to have been a one off. Anyway, sorry for rambling... that's me at the moment.

I was doing anxious googling and came across this forum. Looks like I'm not alone. Was starting to feel like no-one understood what I was talking about!

Hi, I'm Amy, 30. I've had tinnitus my whole life and thought it was normal for so long!

In July, it got worse, like a second tinnitus on top of the one I'm used to. Not sure that's possible but it feels like I've got two different tinnitus' at the same time. I have the normal quiet high-pitched ringing that's always been in the background. I don't think I've ever heard silence.

But this second one is a nuisance. It varies from day to day. It's only in one ear. Sometimes it feels like my ear is vibrating and I can sometimes change the way it sounds by moving my head or pressing on my ear. Other times it's in time with my pulse. Then it's erratic and burbly like a dial up tone. And then sometimes it'll be like a car engine or a washing machine.

I was diagnosed with low iron but despite taking supplements, it's still there. I've been referred to ENT but it's such a long wait and I feel like I'm going mad and so worried it's something serious especially since I get dizzy spells and passed out the other day... but I had COVID-19 at the time too and the paramedics thought it was that since it seems to have been a one off. Anyway, sorry for rambling... that's me at the moment.

I was doing anxious googling and came across this forum. Looks like I'm not alone. Was starting to feel like no-one understood what I was talking about!
Hello Amy. Sorry to hear about this.

Did you tell your doctor about you passing out? It may get you an urgent referral to the ENT. I assume you are maybe in UK. I had to wait 4 months to see an ENT.

It sounds like you will need this board for support so don't be afraid to post whenever you feel like it.

Did you tell your doctor about you passing out? It may get you an urgent referral to the ENT. I assume you are maybe in UK. I had to wait 4 months to see an ENT.
Hi, I did tell the doctor but they didn't seem worried and told me it was a long wait to be seen. I guess I've just got to try and live with it for a bit. It's quieter today. I seem to have good days and bad days.

Hi, I did tell the doctor but they didn't seem worried and told me it was a long wait to be seen. I guess I've just got to try and live with it for a bit. It's quieter today. I seem to have good days and bad days.
OK - good - glad it has gone quiet.

Hi Amy, I have the same thing you describe.

It's been 2 years now. It actually went away for 10 weeks and now it's back. It's very temperamental which makes it hard to get used to. I also have low iron.

I wanted to ask if you had found out any information about your tinnitus or if you had any improvements?

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now