2020 US Presidential Election

@Lucifer -- Are you aware this video has been debunked? -- It's hard for me to believe that so many people are willing to believe things like this at first glance. There are so many shucksters out there trying to pull a fast one on the public, and I think it would behoove people to reserve judgment until the fact checking can be done in the coming days.
Yes, @PeteJ told me that in his previous post.

I just read the following, and have to agree with this assessment...

"President Donald Trump suffered a decisive loss in his quest for reelection. The voters spoke and their verdict is clear: The Trump presidency will end on Jan. 20, 2021. What is not clear is just how much more damage Trump will do to the country before that date arrives."

Just read the following. Below the link is a snippet.

Why GOP superlawyer Ben Ginsberg is bucking his party and blasting Trump's baseless election claims

"My evolution started when the president doubled down in the lead-up to the 2020 election on his charges that our elections are rigged and fraudulent in a way that he hadn't previously," Ginsberg said. "It became a systemic attack made completely without evidence, aimed at undermining a basic pillar of our democracy. I know there's no evidence for systemic fraud because I had spent the better part of every election for four decades working in Republican poll-watcher programs and elections day operations."

Ginsberg, 69, is now one of the most visible Republican critics of Trump's effort to undermine the election results. He has written op-eds for The Washington Post blasting Trump's allegations that the election was fraudulent, including one in which he wrote, "My party is destroying itself on the Altar of Trump." He has spread his message across the media, including a Sunday appearance on "60 Minutes."​

The media finally called Alaska and North Carolina for Trump. Trump is now at 232 electoral votes now.

Based on his tweets, Trump feels confident about Wisconsin. That will make 242 electoral votes.

Good chance that Trump will win Arizona (or at least after a recount). That will make 253 electoral votes.

Then, there is Pennsylvania which has 20 electoral votes, which will likely be decided in the courts.

Plus, there are a lot of other lawsuits in multiple swing states. Biden may very likely be President, but it is not yet certain. It really depends on the next few weeks.

I just read the following, and have to agree with this assessment...

"President Donald Trump suffered a decisive loss in his quest for reelection. The voters spoke and their verdict is clear: The Trump presidency will end on Jan. 20, 2021. What is not clear is just how much more damage Trump will do to the country before that date arrives."
What damage did he do to the country? I thought that it was a great presidency, before COVID-19, which is not his fault. When NYC was hit hard by Covid, Trump gave everything, and more, that we needed, and I appreciate it. So much BS, blaming him for an act of nature, it's ridiculous. The media, politicians and others just can't accept somebody who stands for America, and making it great again, which he was in the process of accomplishing very nicely before this virus was brought here: Lowest unemployment in 50 years, highest employment of minorities, highest stock market in history. What is the problem? Oh, I remember he is disliked because he appeals to the great unwashed, AKA deplorables who are considered less than human.

The media finally called Alaska and North Carolina for Trump. Trump is now at 232 electoral votes now.

Based on his tweets, Trump feels confident about Wisconsin. That will make 242 electoral votes.

Good chance that Trump will win Arizona (or at least after a recount). That will make 253 electoral votes.

Then, there is Pennsylvania which has 20 electoral votes, which will likely be decided in the courts.

Plus, there are a lot of other lawsuits in multiple swing states. Biden may very likely be President, but it is not yet certain. It really depends on the next few weeks.
There's a ton of leaps here.

1. Him being confident about Wisconsin doesn't really have any bearing. He's confident he's going to win the election and that's obviously BS confidence,
2. How is there a good chance in Arizona for Trump? There's a chance but it'd take a historic error found in the recount.
3. I just watched Rising this morning and they broke down the cases in PA, and I don't see how Trump is overcoming that lead in PA. Biden's up almost 50k votes, well outside the recount margin. It seems incredibly unlikely PA is going to change based on the current litigation. If you can point to a specific case in PA that can flip 50k votes or just a pathway to how that would happen, feel free. Just because in the video I posted above, Krystal Ball and Saagar Enjeti explained in detail how the cases in PA couldn't even get any where at all close to flipping the state and they're usually pretty good imo.

It seems like flipping any of these states would be a Hail Mary for Trump and he'd need to flip all of them to get the White House back. I don't see how he could have more then a 1-2% chance of winning this election.

January 20, 2021 is when the fun begins. BLM and ANTIFA are expecting free stuff!
Does 'free college tuition' include Room and Board? I'm homeless but I'd be educated!
npc-detected.png

1. Him being confident about Wisconsin doesn't really have any bearing. He's confident he's going to win the election and that's obviously BS confidence
Trump and his team know more about all the fraud issues going on than we do. If he has some confidence on Wisconsin, I'd give that some weight.
2. How is there a good chance in Arizona for Trump? There's a chance but it'd take a historic error found in the recount.
Biden's lead in Arizona keeps decreasing, and there are still a lot of votes left to count.
I don't see how Trump is overcoming that lead in PA. Biden's up almost 50k votes, well outside the recount margin.
Once all the "illegal" votes (late ballots, votes not seen by Republican observers, etc.) are removed (Trump team has multiple arguments), Biden's lead will decrease/diminish.
It seems incredibly unlikely PA is going to change based on the current litigation.
What makes you certain about this?

Not my president, pussyhat riots, yeah, but the fact is that Hillary DID concede within 24 hours and Trump may wind up trying to turn the country into a military dictatorship.
I said supporters, not the candidates themselves.
Trump and his team know more about all the fraud issues going on than we do. If he has some confidence on Wisconsin, I'd give that some weight.

Biden's lead in Arizona keeps decreasing, and there are still a lot of votes left to count.

Once all the "illegal" votes (late ballots, votes not seen by Republican observers, etc.) are removed (Trump team has multiple arguments), Biden's lead will decrease/diminish.

Sagaar and Krystal broke down the cases in their morning show and that's why I said based on the cases in court and that's what they concluded.

You can see that here and if you disagree, feel free to tell me why:

Maybe you should ask where CNN gets its weed from because they don't seem to know what's going on?

Joe Biden's win grows more decisive each day as votes are counted

Yea I agree no matter what you say it will be a waste of time. Too bad the news companies in America are left-wing. There is a popular saying that goes "bad publicity is good publicity". All the left wing news companies only talk about the bad things that Trump has done but they never talk about the good things he has done.

I haven't looked into the Biden corruption with Ukraine but too bad the media have censored it so it will be really hard to prove. Whether the laptop has proof of any corruption we won't know and the media and tech companies won't talk about it.
It's only censored on YouTube. It's pretty interesting how much clout those people have.

Not my president, pussyhat riots, yeah, but the fact is that Hillary DID concede within 24 hours and Trump may wind up trying to turn the country into a military dictatorship.
The US government has gone insane lmao. America who has been installing dictatorships everywhere is now trying to install a dictatorship in America.

What's next? America is going to invade itself? Well it's still 2020 so anything is possible.

Even the all powerful and mighty Zimbabwe is making a mockery of the situation with the US government and their foreign policy threatening sanctions.

753frlszobx51.jpg

Screenshot 2020-11-12 at 16.22.21.png

Destroying the integrity of elections to appease the base.

Gotta love the doublethink of having Trump kicking and screaming about this all day long, but meanwhile his senior aides are trying to reassure the press "no, this isn't a coup! This is just theater, it's red meat for the base!"

This year just gets stupider and stupider. I have some hope that 2021 will be less bleak, but I think it may be just as stupid, if not worse.

The US government has gone insane lmao. America who has been installing dictatorships everywhere is now trying to install a dictatorship in America.

What's next? America is going to invade itself? Well it's still 2020 so anything is possible.

Even the all powerful and mighty Zimbabwe is making a mockery of the situation with the US government and their foreign policy threatening sanctions.

View attachment 41547
Actually, the joke is on the shithole aka Zimbabwe.

I thought it was such a hopeless case there that the government made it against the law to have a sense of humor.

View attachment 41548

Gotta love the doublethink of having Trump kicking and screaming about this all day long, but meanwhile his senior aides are trying to reassure the press "no, this isn't a coup! This is just theater, it's red meat for the base!"

This year just gets stupider and stupider. I have some hope that 2021 will be less bleak, but I think it may be just as stupid, if not worse.
A lot of liberals will say idiotic things which will ensure the year remains stupid.
@PeteJ -- Are you familiar with Misssouri being called the "show me" state? It essentially refers to a level headed approach to ascertaining whether or not something has credibility. If all the people insisting there's been election fraud had even the remotest kind of evidence it has occurred, surely they would produce it, right? But they can't; or won't. The fact that they apparently can't tells me these accusations/insinuations of voter fraud are nothing but fabrications. The way I look at it is: If you have something, then just show me. -- You might find this quote of interest:

Or, in the words of one brave Republican official:

"What is the downside for humoring him for this little bit of time? No one seriously thinks the results will change," said one senior Republican official. "He went golfing this weekend. It's not like he's plotting how to prevent Joe Biden from taking power on Jan. 20. He's tweeting about filing some lawsuits, those lawsuits will fail, then he'll tweet some more about how the election was stolen, and then he'll leave."
I know Missouri's nickname or slogan.

BUT, the MSM and Social Media is censoring everything and 'fact checkers" are writing everything off so moronic liberals believe it.

If you did any research at all, you might have some doubts. Well, probably not because that's too difficult. :rolleyes:

View attachment 41548

If he needs to take a narcissist's trip by recounting the votes for the sake of appeasing his base, fine. But declaring fraud without evidence is far different from a recount. I have no problems with recounts. I sure hope Biden would demand a recount if he lost.

His supporters are tossing language like "stolen" around. They are not concerned with the voting process whatsoever.

f he needs to take a narcissist's trip by recounting the votes for the sake of appeasing his base, fine.
If people hate Trump as much as you do there could be some fraud in the voting process. Whether there is enough to change the election remains to be seen. I would think the Democrats would want a Biden win fair and square without any cheating in the battleground states. Trump was concerned about the integrity of mail in voting months ago.

His supporters are tossing language like "stolen" around. They are not concerned with the voting process whatsoever.
Yes, I think undermining faith in the election process and future elections is a fundamental goal here. This makes sense; if we look at the most extreme faction of Trump's base (white evangelical Christians with QAnon sympathies) -- this is a demographic which used to vastly be the majority and control the majority of middle-class wealth in most of the country, if you look back far enough. That's not true anymore, and the margin shrinks more every year as we become a more diverse country.

So, when reality is forcing you to understand that your "silent majority" is actually a "pretty darn vocal minority", you can either get on board with objective reality, or invent your own. "Invent your own reality" is the tact being taken here. Project that this is all fake and being stolen, set up a 4-year period where the least stable and most armed ~25% of the country fully believes that the current president is illegitimate... good luck getting much done, right? Obstruct, confuse, obstruct, confuse. Biden had to thread a needle to find the electoral votes this time around, and it was reliant on people who voted R downticket. If Trump does indeed run again in 2024, then that same strategy could work, but I don't really know how likely that is. If he doesn't run, then I expect the field to be something like: Hawley, Tom Cotton, It's Always Ted Cruz, and A Literal Fireball Of White Rage. If he does run, I don't thinkl the GOP establishment would want him to win the nomination, but they also might not be able to stop him. Hawley is trying to pass himself off as "Trump, but not an idiot", and that could work, though I don't really know how Trump's base feels about him. They probably like him, though, he's all about Doing The Fascism Better And More Efficiently.

Meanwhile we're back over 1,000 COVID-19 deaths a day and that's barely getting traction in the news because people are getting numb to hearing that their friends' parent just died, and there's so much other insanity in the news who can track it all? I'm, personally, not even trying -- I've been focusing on my family, and Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 with my free time. Landing a Cessna is hard!!

Meanwhile we're back over 1,000 COVID-19 deaths a day and that's barely getting traction in the news because people are getting numb to hearing that their friends' parent just died
COVID-19 does a good job of illuminating false thinking because it is an unrelenting feedback loop. Keep doing the wrong thing--keep reaping the same negative consequences. Again, this clip is the perfect analogy:

Unfortunately the human animal has a seemingly unlimited capacity to rationalize and deny. I keep waiting for some inflection point where anti-maskers and the like finally realize the error of their ways but I doubt they ever will. If even Trump can have a brush with death and just continue onward as if nothing happened then everyone else will adopt the same mentality. Only a small fraction peeled off and turned on Trump. I can only hope another small fraction peels off and turns the runoff election towards the Democrats because the peak of this sh*t-show will probably be right when that vote happens.

If people hate Trump as much as you do there could be some fraud in the voting process.
Haha, that made me laugh :). A severely disabled dude on a tinnitus forum who dislikes Trump is enough evidence to formulate a hypothesis that there's fraud. Talk about fascist mentality. The ultimate "you deserve it" mentality.

Meanwhile we're back over 1,000 COVID-19 deaths a day and that's barely getting traction in the news
What can we do except wear masks and do social distancing? The very small percentage that are more susceptible to COVID-19 should stay isolated. With a vaccine in the works we should eventually get back to normal.

Curious to know what is a Democrat's definition of fraud?

There are a combined total of thousands of affidavits, all from witnesses of numerous types of fraud. I agree there should be additional evidence, which will soon come to light via recounts, lawsuits, examining the voting systems, etc. However, affidavits/statements from witnesses of crime carry a lot of weight in law. Also, if the computer "glitches" all lean one way, that is also fraud.

EmHLBRGXUAAgIVm?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

What can we do except wear masks and do social distancing?
Nothing but just getting most of this country to even do the first part of that has been an unwinnable battle because the population here overall is not very capable of discerning good inputs from bad and our media is a complete shitshow.

If 90% of people had gotten on board with masks 3 months ago in all public situations, we would not be seeing the vast infection and death we're seeing now. But, you need >80% compliance for that to be effective.

This is why I wear a ported n95 envomask (with my own filter over the port). I will protect myself.

The very small percentage that are more susceptible to COVID-19 should stay isolated
The number of Americans over the age of 45 who have one or more comorbidies which make COVID "especially dangerous" is in the tens of millions at least, and then anyone over the age of about 60 is also in that group. But, sorry for the derail, I realize this isn't the COVID thread -- it's pretty impossible to untangle the impact of COVID from this election, though, since without COVID PA mail votes would not have happened and we'd just be looking at insurmountable numbers with no weirdness around it to make absurd and unsubstantiated claims on twitter about.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now