2020 US Presidential Election

The biggest "Comforting" lies that Biden has told, may turn out to be that Trump was "the worst possible leader to handle the Coronavirus outbreak", and that he will handle it better than Trump has.

If he cannot do this, he should resign, and turn over the office of the Presidency to the woman who is now the VP.

The biggest "Comforting" lies that Biden has told, may turn out to be that Trump was "the worst possible leader to handle the Coronavirus outbreak", and that he will handle it better than Trump has.

If he cannot do this, he should resign, and turn over the office of the Presidency to the woman who is now the VP.
Well, we lost 330k people under Trump and counting, so Biden has a pretty low bar to clear.

I'm not sure who is worse, Biden or Kamala.

Well, we lost 330k people under Trump and counting, so Biden has a pretty low bar to clear.
If he loses half that many, over the first six or so months of his administration, that's too much. We have the vaccine, better treatment and more information. If Biden has the ability to maximize it's potential, we should see a sharp decline in cases and death. If it does not, and 165,000 die by next summer, then he should resign.

If he does manage get it under control, this is not proof that he is better, because Trump did not have mass distribution of the vaccine. Biden should be blamed for every single death after say, March first. They did this to Trump, now it's Mr. Hot Shot's turn to be judged like that.

I'm not sure who is worse, Biden or Kamala.
She's worse, no question, that's why he picked her - to protect himself from being impeached or urged to resign due to mental decline. She moved up in politics by sleeping with the right people, literally. There's a five letter word for those who do things like that, and now she's next in line for president, should Biden leave for any reason.

Is that 1/10th of 1% of the total population of the US? You could blame the governors as well. The federal government provided the ventilators plus the PPE from what I understand. And obviously no vaccine was available until recently.

We will be lucky if Trump fans pivot over from election fraud to merely predicting the Biden administration will be a disaster. The latter is everyday partisan fearmongering. The former will lead to the death of democracy as we know it.

Is that 1/10th of 1% of the total population of the US? You could blame the governors as well. The federal government provided the ventilators plus the PPE from what I understand. And obviously no vaccine was available until recently.
Damn right I can also blame the governors. There is no level of government that did a good job with COVID-19. All have been embarrassing. Trump definitely did a terrible job and his attitude toward the virus has been down outright insulting to the victims but that doesn't mean Andrew Cuomo did a great job, in fact in the beginning in particular, Cuomo did a pretty piss poor one.

Damn right I can also blame the governors. There is no level of government that did a good job with COVID-19. All have been embarrassing.
I want to believe we will grow from this and become much more prepared for the subsequent pandemics. Almost two million dead and many millions more are paying for the hubris of modern society thinking disasters like this only happen in the history books.

The United States is most certainly the worst offender. Even our best performing state has more cases per 1 million than the world average.

We simply can't afford to not institute better infrastructure to handle situations like this in the future. We also need better education so we don't have to worry about those not taking their health and that of others seriously.

You don't fight a world war by delegating to the states. This is a national crisis and needed a national response. Trump merely shirked responsibility just like he is now by sulking on the golf course instead of actually leading the country. Remember the COVID task force? Remember how Trump and then Pence just stopped showing up--for months? The buck should stop at the president.

Not so fast! Audit to happen.

GOP senators, led by Cruz, to object to Electoral College certification, demand emergency audit | Fox News

"But if the group of GOP senators object, along with a similar effort by House Republicans, the joint session of Congress would be dissolved, and the House and Senate would then meet separately to debate any contested state's electoral votes.

Afterward, each body would vote whether to accept or reject any contested votes. Then the House and Senate would reconvene the joint session."

Idiot governors like Cuomo are surely responsible for many of those deaths.

Not so fast! Audit to happen.

GOP senators, led by Cruz, to object to Electoral College certification, demand emergency audit | Fox News

"But if the group of GOP senators object, along with a similar effort by House Republicans, the joint session of Congress would be dissolved, and the House and Senate would then meet separately to debate any contested state's electoral votes.

Afterward, each body would vote whether to accept or reject any contested votes. Then the House and Senate would reconvene the joint session."
They don't have the votes for this, they can demand all they want, it ain't happening.

You don't fight a world war by delegating to the states. This is a national crisis and needed a national response. Trump merely shirked responsibility just like he is now by sulking on the golf course instead of actually leading the country. Remember the COVID task force? Remember how Trump and then Pence just stopped showing up--for months? The buck should stop at the president.
Ok. then what should he have done? Should he have made it a federal mandate that everyone must wear a mask in public? What happens if someone breaks the rules, and does it repeatedly? Do you throw them in jail, where they are much more likely to get sick and die?

What is Biden going to do that is so much different, or what would he have done? The man is an idiot. Both he and Nancy Pelosi were calling Trump a racist bigot for banning travel from China. What Trump did saved many many lives. Biden sure as hell wouldn't have done it.

In court, the paper trail didn't support these allegations though.
Millions and millions of ballots, and maybe just 10,000 of fraudulent ones mixed in. It's probably near impossible to find enough to raise an alarm. Some of the poll workers in Pennsylvania were throwing out the envelope, making it impossible to tell when the absentee ballots were received.

Some of these states like Pennsylvania changed the election laws right before the election to allow for mass mailing of ballots and extension of the time that absentee ballots could be received. They did not change the law legally through the state Congress though, so the new laws shouldn't have been legal.

Millions and millions of ballots, and maybe just 10,000 of fraudulent ones mixed in. It's probably near impossible to find enough to raise an alarm. Some of the poll workers in Pennsylvania were throwing out the envelope, making it impossible to tell when the absentee ballots were received.

Some of these states like Pennsylvania changed the election laws right before the election to allow for mass mailing of ballots and extension of the time that absentee ballots could be received. They did not change the law legally through the state Congress though, so the new laws shouldn't have been legal.
So... you are admitting there is no evidence then? Even if the party line is "because it's impossible to find."

You should be relieved to know that the new law did not affect the outcome:

Pa. received 10,000 ballots after polls closed on Election Day

Which means. Still. Joe Biden won Pennsylvania, like it or not.

They don't have the votes for this, they can demand all they want, it ain't happening.
It's just another goalpost/carrot on the stick for Trump followers. What could they possibly "audit" at this point that wasn't researched and already dismissed (60+ times)?

If you can't prove voter fraud happened, then what are we even talking about? Why are Republicans making accusations that can't be proven in any way?

So... you are admitting there is no evidence then? Even if the party line is "because it's impossible to find."

You should be relieved to know that the new law did not affect the outcome:

Pa. received 10,000 ballots after polls closed on Election Day

Which means. Still. Joe Biden won Pennsylvania, like it or not.
No, I still think the election was stolen in some states. In those states the margin was very close and could have easily flipped because of the level of fraud. Some states, there are ballots that were accepted breaking valid current election rules and those should be thrown out.
If you can't prove voter fraud happened, then what are we even talking about? Why are Republicans making accusations that can't be proven in any way?
More will be revealed if this audit happens. The courts in many cases wouldn't even look at evidence, saying the legal teams had no standing.

This article lays out a lot of the fraud. Read up.

In 2020, Vote Fraud Claims Were Not 'Baseless' | Newsmax.com

No, I still think the election was stolen in some states. In those states the margin was very close and could have easily flipped because of the level of fraud. Some states, there are ballots that were accepted breaking valid current election rules and those should be thrown out.

More will be revealed if this audit happens. The courts in many cases wouldn't even look at evidence, saying the legal teams had no standing.

Would you convict someone in criminal court because you "thought" they seemed guilty?

"Many cases" - how many? I can only think of the Supreme Court case and in that one even the judges that said they had standing said they still wouldn't grant the Trump allies what they want. That case was never going to go anywhere, standing or not.

Would you convict someone in criminal court because you "thought" they seemed guilty?
Why not just admit "the steal is real" and should be looked into more thoroughly? Did you watch the latest court proceedings in Atlanta regarding election irregularities? They were on your favorite network - OANN.

Why not just admit "the steal is real" and should be looked into more thoroughly? Did you watch the latest court proceedings in Atlanta regarding election irregularities? They were on your favorite network - OANN.
They have looked into this and steal is most definitely not real no matter how much money OANN makes perpetuating this nonsense.

63AB39E3-56A4-4AAE-A9B2-39AB8E611076.jpeg

Who cares if they want to check the election results? It's not like they're throwing molotov cocktails at the police, and rioting in the streets. It's not hurting anybody to check the results.

Of course not. I was a juror years ago in a trial for 5 days. We found the lady innocent of most charges. Later on I went online and researched her background and from what I could see we probably made the wrong decision. I think she was guilty. I felt bad too because I was one of the guys that convinced some of the others to say not guilty. She was up for manslaughter, think it was.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now