2020 US Presidential Election

How about you? No, I've seen he posted recently and was always critical of the US when he's from Spain. My noise is worse today, maybe that's why. Not redirected aggression at all. I wasn't even thinking about anyone in particular.
Don't ask me about my personal finances please, for all you know I've donated tons of money, nothing at all or somewhere in the middle. And his views on America have nothing to do with his commitment to this forum. I've seen Juan on this forum and he's always ready to use his experience to help others.

I am sorry you are suffering from worse tinnitus though, I hope it goes back to baseline buddy. Better days are ahead friend, Frequency Therapeutics is coming. You're going to be saved.

Trump is such a great propagandist. Anyone taking a political science class should be required to watch his stuff. He's very talented. No one should discount him. He can win in 2024 if Democrats don't follow thru.

Trump is such a great propagandist. Anyone taking a political science class should be required to watch his stuff. He's very talented. No one should discount him. He can win in 2024 if Democrats don't follow thru.
I agree. He's definitely a master salesman. One of the best.

For 2024, think he will pick Ivanka or Gaetz? No way he picks Pence as his running mate.

I agree. He's definitely a master salesman. One of the best.

For 2024, think he will pick Ivanka or Gaetz? No way he picks Pence as his running mate.
That's a great question.

If I were Trump, I'd pick Kristi Noem to be VP. She's a woman, she's a Trumpist but not a controversial one.

That's a great question.

If I were Trump, I'd pick Kristi Noem to be VP. She's a woman, she's a Trumpist but not a controversial one.
I think after Pence, he would only pick someone he knows he could completely control no matter what. So either someone who he has blackmail on or Ivanka.

Trump gave a great speech. He did not sound like he lost, or has given up - he sounded like he's just begun.

If Trump runs again in 2024, the Democrats, if they hope to win, had better find somebody more capable of beating him than Kamasutra Harris.

I watched bits and pieces. My takeaway is what I've known for a while. Trump has some talents, but he gets in his own way a lot. All of the tweeting and crazy ad libbing is a net political loss. He already hooked his base so his whole focus should be on moderates.

With that being said, his speech writer (Stephen Miller, at least in the past) is the real golden propagandist. Trump off the cuff is painfully easy to see through. But when he reads off prepared remarks, I will admit that he's a very good salesman.

He's definitely not out of the political sphere, which I view as a negative, obviously.

I watched bits and pieces. My takeaway is what I've known for a while. Trump has some talents, but he gets in his own way a lot. All of the tweeting and crazy ad libbing is a net political loss. He already hooked his base so his whole focus should be on moderates.

With that being said, his speech writer (Stephen Miller, at least in the past) is the real golden propagandist. Trump off the cuff is painfully easy to see through. But when he reads off prepared remarks, I will admit that he's a very good salesman.

He's definitely not out of the political sphere, which I view as a negative, obviously.
I didn't watch but was told my windmills rant prediction at least was right...

I thought of something after reading the wiki on the Trump vs Scotland case. Scotland was arguing (among other things), not building the windmills that were already scheduled/permitted would cost a lot of jobs and Trump's argument was "Who cares? It lessons the value of my land."

When it's not *his* land and it's native American land, however (e.g. Keystone Pipeline), he truly does not give the slighteat crap. Textbook Trump hypocrisy.

I thought of something after reading the wiki on the Trump vs Scotland case. Scotland was arguing (among other things), not building the windmills that were already scheduled/permitted would cost a lot of jobs and Trump's argument was "Who cares? It lessons the value of my land."

When it's not *his* land and it's native American land, however (e.g. Keystone Pipeline), he truly does not give the slighteat crap. Textbook Trump hypocrisy.
More major Trump hypocrisy from his speech yesterday:

He went on and on about how the Trump administration deserves all of the credit for the COVID-19 vaccines. And yet every good thing that he inherited from Obama was "all Trump's doing."

His supporters gobble this stuff up. They also project their own partisan allegiance. They assume that because they wouldn't criticize Cuomo if he was a Republican, that Democrats will struggle with this. And yet, I have watched every left wing media outlet go through the Cuomo scandals in detail. Even SNL ripped him lol.

He went on and on about how the Trump administration deserves all of the credit for the COVID-19 vaccines. And yet every good thing that he inherited from Obama was "all Trump's doing."

His supporters gobble this stuff up. They also project their own partisan allegiance. They assume that because they wouldn't criticize Cuomo if he was a Republican, that Democrats will struggle with this. And yet, I have watched every left wing media outlet go through the Cuomo scandals in detail. Even SNL ripped him lol.

He gets all of the credit and none of the blame.

The most you will get from a Trump supporter is "well he could tone down his speaking style a bit but he's speaking the truth!!! And Pelosi is worse for disrespecting him by ripping up the paper. And focusing on his speeches for even a second means you are the problem because you have TDS..."

No wonder CPAC erected a gold statue of him. That's what supporters want to see in the party. Trump worship.

He gets all of the credit and none of the blame.

The most you will get from a Trump supporter is "well he could tone down his speaking style a bit but he's speaking the truth!!! And Pelosi is worse for disrespecting him by ripping up the paper. And focusing on his speeches for even a second means you are the problem because you have TDS..."

No wonder CPAC erected a gold statue of him. That's what supporters want to see in the party. Trump worship.
I think it was very telling when during Trump's speech, he mentioned Mitch McConnell and the CPAC audience vehemently booed Mitch. It used to be Mitch's party but now it's clear that Mitch is reviled by it, in favor of Trump.

Trump makes a hell of lot more sense than Biden. Biden says he wants to unite the country but then divides us further. At his recent town hall meeting he didn't even remember that there was an existing vaccine, even though he got an injection himself. I think he's getting dementia and is unfit to be President.

Trump :beeranimation: Just1morething.

Trump makes a hell of lot more sense than Biden. Biden says he wants to unite the country but then divides us further. At his recent town hall meeting he didn't even remember that there was an existing vaccine, even though he got an injection himself. I think he's getting dementia and is unfit to be President.

Trump :beeranimation: Just1morething.
When Biden said he wanted to unite the country, he meant he wanted people to be more civil and respectful to their fellow citizens, he meant seeing our political opponents as good honest people we disagree with and not enemies.

He did not mean everything he did would make everyone happy all the time. That's not even possible.

But I have to ask, would you say Biden is more divisive than Trump was?

But I have to ask, would you say Biden is more divisive than Trump was?
Yeah, I think so.

"In one short month, we have gone from America First to America Last," Trump said at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) on Sunday, which marked his first major speech since leaving the White House.

He called the Biden administration's policies "anti-jobs, anti-families, anti-border, anti-energy, anti-women and anti-science," adding "It took the new administration only a few weeks to turn this unprecedented accomplishment into a self-inflicted humanitarian and national security disaster."

Yeah, I think so.

"In one short month, we have gone from America First to America Last," Trump said at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) on Sunday, which marked his first major speech since leaving the White House.

He called the Biden administration's policies "anti-jobs, anti-families, anti-border, anti-energy, anti-women and anti-science," adding "It took the new administration only a few weeks to turn this unprecedented accomplishment into a self-inflicted humanitarian and national security disaster."

I realize that some of this is a matter of opinion but who could honestly believe Trump is pro-science?

Yeah, I think so.

How is it possible to have a good dialogue about politics when someone approaches it like this? How can you possibly say that objectively, Joe Biden is "equally" as divisive as Trump? Divisive doesn't mean you hate the policies. For example, George Bush was a super shitty president, but he wasn't a divider. There is no objective argument that Biden is a divider. He's not inflammatory, definitely considers all Americans. You can say he's an idiot and his policies are asinine, but that doesn't mean he's a divider.

It's also quite funny that your evidence of Biden being a bigger divider is another quote from Trump actually dividing lol.

Come on. Even if you love Trump, you have to be able to admit that he's a divider. I thought the pro Trump argument was along the lines of him being a divider, but it's a good thing because he's fighting for conservative policies. The word "divider" has to mean something. Joe Biden isn't it.

Trump is just a clown.

I realize that some of this is a matter of opinion but who could honestly believe Trump is pro-science?
How is it possible to have a good dialogue about politics when someone approaches it like this? How can you possibly say that objectively, Joe Biden is "equally" as divisive as Trump? Divisive doesn't mean you hate the policies. For example, George Bush was a super shitty president, but he wasn't a divider. There is no objective argument that Biden is a divider. He's not inflammatory, definitely considers all Americans. You can say he's an idiot and his policies are asinine, but that doesn't mean he's a divider.

It's also quite funny that your evidence of Biden being a bigger divider is another quote from Trump actually dividing lol.

Come on. Even if you love Trump, you have to be able to admit that he's a divider. I thought the pro Trump argument was along the lines of him being a divider, but it's a good thing because he's fighting for conservative policies. The word "divider" has to mean something. Joe Biden isn't it.
I wasn't looking for any replies, only to agree with a rating. :)

Trump is just a clown.
I don't know what I'd call them, but he is nothing like the 20th Century European leaders who were responsible for starting two world wars, which killed 105 million people. You can sit there in your armchair and call him a "clown", but the history of modern European society is the bloodiest, war mongering, genocidal civilization that has ever existed.

I don't know what I'd call them, but he is nothing like the 20th Century European leaders who were responsible for starting two world wars, which killed 105 million people. You can sit there in your armchair and call him a "clown", but the history of modern European society is the bloodiest, war mongering, genocidal civilization that has ever existed.
And that comes from the country who constantly feels the need of bombing other places...

Where were the weapons of mass destruction in Irak? Nowhere. It was made up by the US government to steal oil in the Middle East.

As a result of the Irak war now the world is threatened by Islamic terrorism.

And that comes from the country who constantly feels the need of bombing other places...

Where were the weapons of mass destruction in Irak? Nowhere. It was made up by the US government to steal oil in the Middle East.

As a result of the Irak war now the world is threatened by Islamic terrorism.
When did the U.S. steal oil? Tell me one single instance. Even our military pays top dollar for Middle East Oil.

If it were up to me, I'd let them sell it all to China and Russia. Let's see what those countries do when the radicals unleash terrorism against them, for doing business with the sheiks.

Trump created the Middle East peace deal For that, the opinion of some Europeans is that he is a "Clown". They just cannot understand anything but violent conflict, which is understandable considering their countries' histories of slaughter and genocide.

When did the U.S. steal oil? Tell me one single instance. Even our military pays top dollar for Middle East Oil.
Come on, are you serious?

Why do you think the US got the world in a war against Irak using made up fake claims about the existence of "weapons of mass destruction" that were never found?

Trump's plan to seize Iraq's oil: 'It's not stealing, we're reimbursing ourselves'

This article is more than 4 years old.

Strategy of taking oil in Iraq and from areas controlled by Isis presents huge issues from almost every angle and 'would amount to a war crime', experts say

Syria: US continues to steal oil through Iraq

Where's Our Missing $17bn? Iraq Demands Return of Oil Money 'Stolen by US Institutions after 2003 Invasion'

George Bush was a super shitty president, but he wasn't a divider.
@Zugzug -- I agree with you totally on Bush. However, I have to say I kind of liked the guy (even more so since Trump), and besides not being a divider, my sense was Bush didn't have a racist bone in his body. But that Obama? Oooh my, was he a divider!! :eek: But he couldn't help it; I'm pretty certain it had mostly to do with the color of his skin--and the fact he was a Muslim--and the fact he was born in Africa--and, and, and....

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now