2020 US Presidential Election

People had a few months to get into the market after the 2020 crash bottomed.
But you are looking backwards to state where the bottom was. Anyone can do that. In the scenario you're talking about, the market had clearly capitulated and this gave a great entry point for people (which is exactly what I said). However, as this was happening in real time, there would have been no guarantee that a bottom had formed which is why one should DCA into their positions. The market could have kept falling after a few dead cat bounces. You are talking like the bottom of a market can be predicted with absolute certainty when it can't. What we look for in these situations is a sign of capitulation that is backed by volume, such as these:

9231E44B-5D5A-403C-B1A9-CD0833A0904C.jpeg

Look at the candles and look at the volume. The second circle was the March 2020 crash. There hasn't been any sign of capitulation yet.

owever, as this was happening in real time, there would have been no guarantee that a bottom had formed which is why one should DCA into their positions.
It is just a matter of waiting for the trend to reverse. It was plain clear when DAX futures went down to the region of 8.300. It was a long term bottom of the market.

And when I talk about markets having a long way to fall I refer primarily to US indexes, which are crazily overvalued. As for Bitcoin, I don't even care to look at that... it's just pure speculation.

Now that I've got more time, I'll give another example of the capitulation that happened in may:

FE85E642-0A28-4E7A-B551-5990F2A04AD0.jpeg

See how strong the volume is? Also, notice that these moments were never the exact bottom, but they were close enough. The same would apply to stocks and other assets. You can also use the RSI and MACD for further confirmation signals.

The sign that a drop was coming, for me, was when it failed to rise above the 21-EMA after 3 attempts. The chance of it dropping after that increased considerably.

You have a hindsight bias in your judgement.

It is just a matter of waiting for the trend to reverse. It was plain clear when DAX futures went down to the region of 8.300. It was a long term bottom of the market.
This is a trading strategy and it requires one to know about market structure and at least have an understanding of how the most common indicators work. Even then, there is no way of knowing with absolute certainty when a trend is going to reverse or sustain a long-term rally. A pro trader will wait for a trend reversal and use a stop loss to ride a potential wave up and then take profits at a predetermined level. A beginner can run the risk of buying into a bull trap (fake out) and then end up panic selling if a larger correction occurs.

If one intends to invest, then many professionals will buy a position after a capitulation event on a long-term time frame, and then average in (given the opportunity). Longterm time horizons mean you don't have to have crystal ball-like predictive powers. You can buy into weakness and chill.

There is no right or wrong way, but nobody can call an exact market bottom with absolute certainty (just like nobody can call an exact top either), and that's a fact. It's a game of odds, and all you have to do is take a piece out of the middle somewhere in order to be successful.

If I see a previously good performing stock getting wrecked and becoming drastically undervalued both fundamentally and on the RSI, I'd look at maybe buying and holding it. That's it really.
And when I talk about markets having a long way to fall I refer primarily to US indexes, which are crazily overvalued. As for Bitcoin, I don't even care to look at that... it's just pure speculation.
Same here. I'm referring to the major indices and all asset markets. And a final point: all markets are speculative to some degree because human emotions are one of their largest driving forces. Bitcoin's volatility stems more from its lack of liquidity (compared to more mature markets), but this is also what drives the exponential gains. As the liquidity increases, the gains will level off considerably. I used that chart because I just happened to have it to hand, but the same concepts apply to everything.

Much of what has happened in the stock market, other investments and currencies within the last year is contributed to politics. A part of that is social meandering.

Manipulation of markets has always been - from hedge funds to banks to inside trading, but the turmoil that started this year will never end. This is a reflection of the dealings between politicians and attorneys of every sort. Media and social networks must play with them or else.

The ones with little representation and a safety net are signal citizens, married couples with no children, elderly and elderly disabled as there's no money in it for attorneys.

Biden, at 27:11, starts a speech by talking about his son. He then talks about the bill he signed, which the Republicans created, to fix America's roads, bridges, etc. He sounds very tired. He may not make it through this term, then we will get the worst VP in history, Kamala Harris, as president, who has about a 26% approval rate.

We have 7% inflation, and he talks about how great he has been, for the economy.

Almost half a million more people are dead from COVID-19, since he was sworn in after promising during his campaign, to end the COVID-19 crisis. He has failed, miserably, and we are in last place for COVID-19.

That "whisper shout" that he frequently does, such as at 39:38, is very annoying.

Biden was the choice of 95% of Europe but, other than those with dual citizenship, they didn't vote for him. Europe is going to find out very soon how bad he is, as we in America already know.

Biden has inherited rampant inflation from the wrong politics displayed by Donald Trump including telling the FED to lower interest rates once and then again...

Now if the FED does not act quickly and raises rates significantly, Biden will be kicked out of office.

@Juan, what did you make of the America COMPETES bill?
Wikipedia sums it up pretty well:

"As China continues to produce more and new products and discover scientific discoveries, US politicians see this as America loosing ground to China and a national security threat. This bill looks to weaken this problem by reducing reliance on Chinese manufacturing of semiconductors and increasing Americas scientific and technological achievements."

Americans are afraid of competition, and particularly afraid of the Chinese. That's why they try to boycott Huawei's 5G and all the Chinese tech companies.

Wikipedia sums it up pretty well:

"As China continues to produce more and new products and discover scientific discoveries, US politicians see this as America loosing ground to China and a national security threat. This bill looks to weaken this problem by reducing reliance on Chinese manufacturing of semiconductors and increasing Americas scientific and technological achievements."

Americans are afraid of competition, and particularly afraid of the Chinese. That's why they try to boycott Huawei's 5G and all the Chinese tech companies.
I was referring more to what I highlighted in my post about the new provision that they have snuck in which gives the Treasury Secretary authority to ban any asset she wants to. This is an unprecedented power grab by the banks and they'll probably get away with it. This kind of corruption should not exist in a so-called democracy.

Watch the video I posted and let me know what your thoughts are. Also, whoever wrote that Wikipedia post can't spell "losing" which is a pet peeve of mine.

I was referring more to what I highlighted in my post about the new provision that they have snuck in which gives the Treasury Secretary authority to ban any asset she wants to. This is an unprecedented power grab by the banks and they'll probably get away with it. This kind of corruption should not exist in a so-called democracy.

Watch the video I posted and let me know what your thoughts are. Also, whoever wrote that Wikipedia post can't spell "losing" which is a pet peeve of mine.
Governments are by definition slow, but they are going to control and tax any investments, even speculative stuff like cryptocurrencies etc.

In Spain people who put money on crypto, NFT etc will have a nasty surprise when the IRS sends them a requirement to declare that and pay taxes, plus fines, plus legal interest (+5% yearly)... and these notices are sent very late on purpose, like 4 years after the infraction, so that the IRS can make the most money and charge the largest fines for any failure to declare assetts or investments.

The Patriot Act was not very "democratic" either. But that's how the US works. It's what it is...

For me the most anti-democratic stance is ignoring rampant inflation, as central banks have been doing for several years without taking any action like raising interest rates or reducing the FED balance sheet.

In Spain people who put money on crypto, NFT etc will have a nasty surprise when the IRS sends them a requirement to declare that and pay taxes, plus fines, plus legal interest (+5% yearly)... and these notices are sent very late on purpose, like 4 years after the infraction, so that the IRS can make the most money and charge the largest fines for any failure to declare assetts or investments.
You are supposed to file a tax return on it anyway. I don't understand what your point is? The government will go after anyone who is known to be dodging tax, regardless of what it is.

I just saw this interview and it reminded me of you! Watch what he says at 13 minutes in about the paradoxical opinions from some of those who it would most benefit. It's true, lol. I literally stated the exact same points he makes in a reply to you today.

You are supposed to file a tax return on it anyway. I don't understand what your point is? The government will go after anyone who is known to be dodging tax, regardless of what it is.
People are not filing those tax returns. In Spain when one files a tax return there are not specific items to be filled for the different investments... one has to find out or talk with a tax expert and pay for it. If one invested in a DAX future the tax return one has to fill does not have a blank spot for "Futures", it falls within a very broad category.

The spirit is for taxpayers to "go find out"... but then the IRS displays also a very strong spirit of sending fines and sanctions to those who did not comply, enlarged by legal interest (+5% annually).

And anyway, as I have said many times, I do not have the slightest interest on crypto, I do not care about it.

I do not need anyone selling me bad investment decisions o_O :eek:

People are not filing those tax returns. In Spain when one files a tax return there are not specific items to be filled for the different investments... one has to find out or talk with a tax expert and pay for it. If one invested in a DAX future the tax return one has to fill does not have a blank spot for "Futures", it falls within a very broad category.

The spirit is for taxpayers to "go find out"... but then the IRS displays also a very strong spirit of sending fines and sanctions to those who did not co

I suppose people shouldn't invest if they don't understand what they are doing, and this includes understanding how tax is calculated and reported. It's part of doing business. It's like saying to someone "don't bother starting a business because you'll never understand how to file a tax return."It's silly. It's never been easier to do such things, as well, as there's now a lot of automated software that can do all of this for you. I did mine and it took no more than 5 minutes. One can download their CSV file and upload it to some tax software that's suitable for their jurisdiction. I used Crypto.com's software (it's free to use).
And anyway, as I have said many times, I do not have the slightest interest on crypto, I do not care about it.

I do not need anyone selling me bad investment decisions

That's fair enough, and I'm not here trying to shill anything to you. I am just correcting some of the things I'm seeing and giving a different viewpoint on the subject. This is only because it's being misrepresented by those who don't participate in it or even understand it.

It wasn't long ago that you and a few others believed that you couldn't spend or use crypto. Even after I explained that you can spend it in any store, via a Visa card, nobody believed me :facepalm:. People probably don't believe that you get 12% APR either, or any of the other perks I've mentioned. Most would rather let the banks give them 0.01% APR, and nothing else, but that's just the way it is I guess.

I have to pay to use my business account each month, and I have to ask myself, what am I paying them for? They should be paying me for providing liquidity. The whole system is rigged against regular folk.

157F22F8-F3DD-452C-9566-162DF32806AB.jpeg

F86646BE-7E94-4CB8-AD76-9543D8361D61.jpeg

251ECCAF-36DE-4747-953F-51D09E6A64F1.jpeg

91B1D111-05CA-4277-8923-5F61AC3B5F2E.jpeg

This is a recent press release from Ocean Protocol, and as you can see, they are at the heart of the EU's Gaia X project. The penultimate paragraph sums up what they do, so the idea that all cryptos are useless scams is very shortsighted. There are some great investment opportunities in this industry.

Some of their other partners include:

89A1E369-E63F-4B58-8311-5E95A07E019E.jpeg

(Not shilling, I promise. Just trying to show the side of crypto that nobody seems to see or understand.)

I have to pay to use my business account each month, and I have to ask myself, what am I paying them for? They should be paying me for providing liquidity. The whole system is rigged against regular folk.
The way to fix that is demonstrating against the ECB and the FED. It's what has always been done, and it works.

In Spain demonstrators set fire to one of the Regional Parliaments in 1992, and around 2012 they surrounded our National Congress to protest for the economic crisis and the corruption of our politicians.

Demonstrating works, and going on strike works.

Last month workers in the steel sector demonstrated in Spain, set fire to tyres, blocked traffic, etc... they got a big pay rise.

When using the version of the CPI the same way the government used before 1980, inflation is over 15%.

Rents are included in the CPI, because they are expenditures that are consumed in current period of time.

But house prices are not, because they are expenditures on an asset to be consumed over many years. If you own a house, you will benefit from the rising prices--if and when you sell it. In a sense, houses are treated like capital goods for consumers. That is, rising house prices are not a burden to homeowners, whereas rising rents are a burden to renters.

Experts argue that raw (i.e., the cost of actually purchasing a home) should never be included in CPI's because homes are not viewed as something people buy on a regular basis.

But that argument really becomes unstuck when you factor that reserve banks around the world use CPI to determine interest rates.

The largest purchase for many people across the globe that relate directly to interest rates, is not shares, businesses, cars or any other similar investments, but homes. So, it affects the prices of homes and their affordability directly through the setting of interest rates (people need to borrow to buy a home in 99% of cases) and yet these same institutions and their simple-minded economists refuse to take into account the growth of the same home prices when determining interest rates.

Inflation in real terms should be a measure of everything purchased in the economy whether it be a home, investment or bread.

Otherwise, you have ridiculous situations globally where the indicators most economists use say we have negative inflation, so interest rates are dropped and house borrowing, and house prices go through the roof. If a housing market goes up 20% per year in some countries, then should this not be included in the inflation rate? Because if house prices were included interest rates would be on the way up and not down.

Vested interest in banking or housing sectors are the biggest problem in today's global economy as to low interest rates fueling asset bubbles (the biggest being residential housing in many countries). One way to fix this problem easily is to start including house prices into CPI's and not burying our heads in the sand with ridiculous arguments as why not to.

Vested interest in banking or housing sectors are the biggest problem in today's global economy as to low interest rates fueling asset bubbles (the biggest being residential housing in many countries). One way to fix this problem easily is to start including house prices into CPI's and not burying our heads in the sand with ridiculous arguments as why not to.
And that's exactly what the ECB is doing, burying its head in the sand.

Eurozone inflation is over 5%. Crazy.

And we all know that gas went up 30% last year, and lately every consumer item is going up and up and up, from biscuits, to shoes, to jeans... you name it.

Everything is more expensive due to the irresponsibility of useless central bankers that do not know how to do their jobs.

When using the version of the CPI the same way the government used before 1980, inflation is over 15%.

Rents are included in the CPI, because they are expenditures that are consumed in current period of time.

But house prices are not, because they are expenditures on an asset to be consumed over many years. If you own a house, you will benefit from the rising prices--if and when you sell it. In a sense, houses are treated like capital goods for consumers. That is, rising house prices are not a burden to homeowners, whereas rising rents are a burden to renters.

Experts argue that raw (i.e., the cost of actually purchasing a home) should never be included in CPI's because homes are not viewed as something people buy on a regular basis.

But that argument really becomes unstuck when you factor that reserve banks around the world use CPI to determine interest rates.

The largest purchase for many people across the globe that relate directly to interest rates, is not shares, businesses, cars or any other similar investments, but homes. So, it affects the prices of homes and their affordability directly through the setting of interest rates (people need to borrow to buy a home in 99% of cases) and yet these same institutions and their simple-minded economists refuse to take into account the growth of the same home prices when determining interest rates.

Inflation in real terms should be a measure of everything purchased in the economy whether it be a home, investment or bread.

Otherwise, you have ridiculous situations globally where the indicators most economists use say we have negative inflation, so interest rates are dropped and house borrowing, and house prices go through the roof. If a housing market goes up 20% per year in some countries, then should this not be included in the inflation rate? Because if house prices were included interest rates would be on the way up and not down.

I've been saying this for ages and I warned everyone on here about two years ago that real inflation was above 10% (when the stated figures were around 3%). Nobody cared or listened, though. It's now around 15-20%, and could be higher. The fact they base their official figures on the CPI has always been misleading as it pulls the wool over peoples eyes. The real inflation, especially asset prices like cars and houses, is what led me to begin looking for a solution, and that's why I pulled my money out the bank and put it into crypto. The APR was good enough to retain my money's purchasing power, and I got 3% Visa card cashback plus all the other benefits that I've mentioned before. It was a no brainer.

What this man said back in 2013 is very true, and even more so in light of recent events. When the banking system failed in 2008, it was our tax money that bailed them all out, and absolutely nobody went to jail for it. The after-effects of that event rippled across the world and ruined millions of lives, and the credit agencies knew that those mortgage-backed securities were junk, but they had the audacity to give them AAA ratings anyway. They loan out our money to others to acquire profits for themselves, and then they charge us extra via fees and pay us a diabolical interest rate for the privilege. It's a system that's rigged in favour of the few at the expense of everybody.

When will the bankers be held accountable? There's now a way for us to get paid a fair share - and the banks hate it - but oddly, so do many on this thread and elsewhere. It's a real head-scratcher for me, but it's to be expected as it's such a new industry. What I didn't like is how some of the major UK banks stopped people from accessing Binance under the guise of "they were protecting them." When the banks start dictating to people how they can use their own money it becomes a lot clearer what their motives really are. Think about it, they can use your money to make money (by cutting you out of the loop), but if you want to make money with your own money it's forbidden; you're not allowed :ROFL:

This has nothing to do with left or right politics, either.

Addendum: It was ultimately a friend of mine who showed me what it was all about, but I was highly sceptical and had pretty much the same views as most people here. As soon as the coronavirus hit (which decimated my business), something had to give, and it was at that point that I jumped in and gave it a go. I ordered a Crypto.com Visa card and put some money into a stable coin to earn 12%. As the cashback rolled in, I was pretty flabbergasted in all honesty, and it wasn't long until I used this money to upgrade to the 3% card (it was essentially a free upgrade). I started with £200 to get the card and did a few small top-ups of my own (around £200 another 3 times), and that money is now worth around £10k. I can use it to buy things, reinvest it, or leave it and continue to receive the interest.

At least the Bank of England is doing something (very little, but still something) against inflation.

The FED and the ECB keep burying their heads in the sand.

Today Lagarde made a fool of herself again... Madame Inflation is what people call her. Maybe she wants to turn the Eurozone into old Italy where people paid millions of liras for a single meal... or, even worse, into Venezuela.

At least the Bank of England is doing something (very little, but still something) against inflation.

The FED and the ECB keep burying their heads in the sand.

Today Lagarde made a fool of herself again... Madame Inflation is what people call her. Maybe she wants to turn the Eurozone into old Italy where people paid millions of liras for a single meal... or, even worse, into Venezuela.
Well, this is what happens when countries live beyond their means and allow their debt-to-GDP to get out of control. Their debts are now putting them into untenable positions. The US, in particular, can't afford the interest payments if they raise the rates too much; why do you think they keep stalling and dithering? They are using the same old delay tactics that they always do.

Ideally, they need to cut their budgets and eliminate their deficits, but people won't vote for that, and staying in power is all that matters to them above all else. So, they will bow to the will of the people even though it's to their own detriment. It's a pretty tragic situation that they have allowed to snowball out of control.

I like what Godfrey Bloom said in the video clip above: "we have counterfeiting, sometimes known as quantitative easing which if any normal person did they'd go to prison for a very long time. Yet, governments and central bankers do it all the time."

Ain't that the truth! :LOL: Devaluing everyone's savings to reduce their own debt burden! Bitcoin and crypto simply wouldn't exist if the central banks weren't such a trainwreck. It's their incompetence that spawned this industry in the first place.

@Ed209, so is the UK in a better position to raise rates than the US or the Eurozone?

If the UK can do it, that useless Lagarde can raise rates too.

Biden came to NYC for a meeting with Mayor Eric Adams, to work on reducing the crime wave that is happening, which includes the shooting deaths of several cops in NYC, since the beginning of this this year. He failed to address anything of relevance. The reality of it is, he is only interested in looking good, and reducing the image that he developed of being in favor of defunding the police, freeing dangerous suspects without bail, and other policies that are now causing crime all over the country.

https://nypost.com/2022/02/03/bidens-empty-message-that-promises-nothing-city-needs/

@Ed209, so is the UK in a better position to raise rates than the US or the Eurozone?

If the UK can do it, that useless Lagarde can raise rates too.
You have to look at the spending of these nations to understand the nuances of the situation. They can't just raise the rates without risking a collapse in countries like Italy and Greece, which have debt-to-GDP's of 155% and 206% respectively. That is just insane. The US is now around 133%.

The UK's debt-to-GDP has only just recently tipped above 100% and was around 83% pre-pandemic whereas the US and a lot of EU countries were well above 100% even before the pandemic. So, in answer to your question, yes, the UK is in a better position to raise its rates comparatively speaking. However, the BoE has only raised the rates by 50 basis points, so far.

The US is not in a position to raise its interest rates high enough for it to have a meaningful effect on inflation, and that is why you are still seeing them stalling. They are likely hoping that it is still supply chain based and transitory.

If you were in Lagarde's position you'd be doing exactly the same as her because you'd be under intense pressure to do so. If you tried to fix its mess by raising the rates then countries like Spain, Italy, and Greece would most likely default, and this would destabilise the entire EU (bailouts would be required again). Germany has room to raise its rates (debt-to-GDP of 72%), but they are now shackled to countries that have spent beyond their means. This is why the single currency was a bad idea, in my opinion.

Biden's popularity keeps sinking, according to a new poll, in the Reuters article below. The Democrats are likely going to lose badly, in the elections later this year, and they have nobody to blame but themselves for nominating this disgraceful ticket of Biden and Harris.

Biden approval rating drops to a new low of 41%, Reuters/Ipsos poll finds
WASHINGTON, Feb 3 (Reuters) - President Joe Biden's public approval rating fell to the lowest level of his presidency this week, a danger sign for his Democratic Party which risks losing control of Congress in the Nov. 8 elections, according to a Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll.

Read the rest here:

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/bi...ew-low-41-reutersipsos-poll-finds-2022-02-03/

Look at the insane growth of US debt over the last 40 years:

6C2270BF-04B4-4FE8-9516-74F257BC798E.jpeg

It looks like the S&P 500

EB41E7AE-A1A3-463C-8DC0-93D26ACD145B.jpeg

Then compare it to the base money supply (M2)

38AF2C1C-8C70-4B6A-B043-6E67EDF6B171.png

Interesting :bookworm: (where's the hand on chin emoji when you need one :D). All that growth is debt funded, and unless they can grow their way out of it, they are going to run into some trouble. The problem is that to stimulate growth, you ideally want to lower the interest rates; raising them could trigger a recession and then the debt becomes even bigger.

Do you see the problem now, @Juan?

As I've said before (probably too many times), the most likely scenario is that they'll try and print their way out of this mess they've created, and of course, this means devaluing everyone's savings. This strategy didn't work out well for the Romans, as their debasement strategy (which is what we're doing now) contributed to the fall of the empire.

The gold standard stopped people from creating money out of thin air because dollars were backed by a finite resource that decided the value. All the debt-funded growth we've seen around the world is unnatural because it isn't backed by anything. Why strive to be in a budget surplus through hard work and ingenuity, and achieve realistic sustainability, when you can just fund whatever you want by turning on a metaphorical printer? What makes this even worse is that every country is doing it. We never learn from history (which is rather concerning), as this is nothing new. This quote sums it up perfectly:

"The appeal of a gold standard is that it arrests control of the issuance of money out of the hands of imperfect human beings. With the physical quantity of gold acting as a limit to that issuance, a society can follow a simple rule to avoid the evils of inflation."

After the 2008 crisis, people became tired of the banks' antics, and so Bitcoin was born. Many don't really understand it, and the propaganda from the central banks against it has worked, even though a blockchain-based decentralised monetary system would be much more beneficial to the poorer people of society.

The US is not in a position to raise its interest rates high enough for it to have a meaningful effect on inflation, and that is why you are still seeing them stalling. They are likely hoping that it is still supply chain based and transitory.
Now market consensus is the FED will raise rates this year between 175 to 200 basic points. We'll see if Powell delivers or not.

I think either the FED raises rates a lot or Biden will be kicked out of office by the Americans...
If you were in Lagarde's position you'd be doing exactly the same as her because you'd be under intense pressure to do so. If you tried to fix its mess by raising the rates then countries like Spain, Italy, and Greece would most likely default, and this would destabilise the entire EU (bailouts would be required again). Germany has room to raise its rates (debt-to-GDP of 72%), but they are now shackled to countries that have spent beyond their means. This is why the single currency was a bad idea, in my opinion.
If you look at what ordinary people think, they prefer to be bailed out and have higher interest rates. Otherwise, they will be penalised by inflation, which is even worse than the conditions of a bail out package.

Christine Lagarde already screwed up in Argentina when, as director of the IMF, bailed out a country that never pays back, and that will not return those funds. The initial bail out package has become a sort of permanent situation in which Lagarde left the IMF trapped to continuously provide more and more funds to broke Argentina.

If you look at what ordinary people think, they prefer to be bailed out and have higher interest rates. Otherwise, they will be penalised by inflation, which is even worse than the conditions of a bail out package.

They prefer to be bailed out? Where's the money going to come from when everyone is beyond broke? Print even more? Well, that would lead to even more inflation, and if we carry on with this nonsense we'll end up seeing hyperinflation creeping into some countries, just like we saw in Germany, Zimbabwe, Venezuela, and many other countries. People need to understand what is happening in the world as these ridiculous solutions are nonsensical. What we have is an epic unsustainable fiat bubble.

People want an easy life, but the last 40 years has been based upon artificial growth. Our living standards are not in line with our productivity and eventually something will have to give. As I said previously, what we are doing now is akin to a perpetual motion machine. We are creating energy from nothing. Productivity should be the driving force behind economic growth and not central banks inflating their base monetary supplies.
Christine Lagarde already screwed up in Argentina when, as director of the IMF, bailed out a country that never pays back

Again, I've posted this clip about 328 times now, but nothing sums the situation up any better (and everything is so much worse now than it was when they made this):

The world has gone mad. If a country defaults, then their living standards will plummet because they will no longer be able to issue credible bonds. Creditors want their money back, plus interest, and a sovereign default means everyone gets shafted. Imagine the domino effect if multiple countries defaulted.

Just saw this, and this guy is bang on when it comes to discussing the inflation of the base monetary supply. Watch from 5:15, but pay attention to what he says at 6 minutes in. He's spot on:

It's an interesting interview all around.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now