2020 US Presidential Election

They're on their way but had to make a few pit stops at McDonald's which has slowed things down.
Dammit you stole my line, but I was going to say they stopped at a Waffle House.

A group that stopped in my city on the way up north, but it was small, and I don't think they had many actual trucks. I guess Putin didn't do them any favors by stealing their thunder.

Also, since we are are passing jokes, I came up with some lyrics for Canadian Truckers. You remember the Guess Who's American Woman? It needs a lot of work:

Canadian Ttuckers
Stay sway from me
Canadian truckers
Why don't they set you free

Don't come honkin' your horn
Or blowing up your inflatable hot tubs
Got more important things to do
Put a mask on it dudes

Overall I found it to be a solid SOTU address with unity being the central theme behind it and this is irrespectively of the outcomes that await them in the midterms.
Biden (...and the Democrats who actually cheered USA, USA, etc.) sounded a bit like Trump at the SOTU. He discussed funding cops, bringing back domestic production, securing the border, etc... all MAGA topics. No one is going to be fooled.

Biden (...and the Democrats who actually cheered USA, USA, etc.) sounded a bit like Trump at the SOTU. He discussed funding cops, bringing back domestic production, securing the border, etc... all MAGA topics. No one is going to be fooled.
Because even he knows the racist Republicans are right.

To say that Biden is unpopular, would be a major understatement. The President has failed his country, and will never overcome this fact. The midterms are going to be devastating to the Democratic Party, in November 2021.

Biden enters first State of the Union with second lowest approval on record

(CNN)President Joe Biden gives his first State of the Union address at a time of international upheaval. Polling shows that Americans don't trust Biden when it comes to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

It's the latest manifestation of how American satisfaction with Biden and the direction of the country have turned sharply negative since the last time Biden addressed a joint session of Congress last April.

Biden has one of the worst approval ratings going into his first inaugural address of any president in the polling era. And his decline seems to come from younger Americans and non-Democrats who once supported the Democratic president.

Biden's current approval rating comes in at around 41%. His disapproval rating registers at 53% or 54%, depending on how you average the polls. That's bad enough for a -12 or -13 point net approval rating.

Reead the rest of the story here:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/01/politics/approval-rating-biden-sotu-analysis/index.html

It's time for the FED to raise the interest rates. To get some credibility back, Powell should raise rates at lest by 75 basic points in March, as the FED is well behind the curve and unable to control inflation.

Putin sees Biden as weak and frankly, he is right. I don't think that Putin would have done this if Trump had been elected in 2020. But, this is only speculation as we will never know.
Unlikely. Its clear to me at least, that Vladimir Putin has been planning to invade Ukraine for a long time now. I do not see how any US president could have halted Putin from going ahead with his plans especially when you consider his motives for invading in the first place…Not sure what Trump could do here if he were to be re-elected in 2020, maybe delay the inevitable somehow (to his credit, but thats not saying much).

But Putin has largely underestimated the response from the international community along with the difficulty of war itself. Seems like a bad judgement call on his part, and they can't back out of the war now without looking weak or embarrassing themselves. I am no fan of Biden, but I honestly like how close to the chest he has played things so far, it's a really delicate balancing act given how the Kremlin has threatened to use nuclear force.

Are you not familiar with Biden as a politician? Dude is from the Rust Belt and his policies/rhetoric have always reflected that. He played a big role in passing the controversial 1994 crime bill into law. He's a typical status quo politician, but its important to document his whole body of work as a career politician as some of it is in line with "MAGA" topics.

But in regards to what has transpired with Russia/Ukraine, Putin has shined a huge light on what happens when countries allow themselves to be that economically dependent on foreign nations. Now the talk everywhere is about independent energy and manufacturing. He has made western allies realize they should be dealing between themselves rather than relying on those who directly opposed them from an ideological standpoint (ex. China, Saudi Arabia, Russia). Basically, Putin made the entire world realize they need to be more independent.

In this interesting article, the author feels that there's a chance that Biden's presidency could be spared a legacy of failure, by the heroic efforts for freedom in Ukraine.

Historian says Biden could be saved from Carter-esque foreign failure through Ukrainians' heroism
If Putin loses his war, Biden might lose some criticism

By Charles Creitz | Fox News
Mar 4 2022

Until recently, former Democratic President Jimmy Carter might have been seen as the worst president in terms of American foreign policy, having ushered in the Iranian hostage crisis and a rapidly destabilizing Middle East.

With the Biden administration's reticence to proactively help Ukraine, one historian told Fox News the Ukrainian president's and his people's heroism could have a tangential effect on helping Biden's widely-criticized behavior.

Read the article here:
https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-ukraine-policy-jimmy-carter-failures-putin-zelenskyy

In this interesting article, the author feels that there's a chance that Biden's presidency could be spared a legacy of failure, by the heroic efforts for freedom in Ukraine.

Historian says Biden could be saved from Carter-esque foreign failure through Ukrainians' heroism
If Putin loses his war, Biden might lose some criticism

By Charles Creitz | Fox News
Mar 4 2022

Until recently, former Democratic President Jimmy Carter might have been seen as the worst president in terms of American foreign policy, having ushered in the Iranian hostage crisis and a rapidly destabilizing Middle East.

With the Biden administration's reticence to proactively help Ukraine, one historian told Fox News the Ukrainian president's and his people's heroism could have a tangential effect on helping Biden's widely-criticized behavior.

Read the article here:
https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-ukraine-policy-jimmy-carter-failures-putin-zelenskyy
This is sadly, very true.

It's pure propaganda, of course, but the media will credit Joe Biden with a "win" should Putin fail in his objectives.

The truth is though, the only losers in this are the Ukrainian people.

Whether Russia or NATO gets it's way, the rich f*ckers pulling the strings behind the scenes, both sides, lose nothing and no one (maybe some drop in the ocean amount of money in what is tantamount to a lost bet).

If the Ukrainian government actually gave a sh*t about it's people, it would have surrendered to Russia the minute the EU and the US refused to get militarily involved. What difference would it have made to their quality of life? The Ukraine was already in political turmoil, and both sides hold the Ukraine in contempt as some kind of hot-bed of "neo-Nazism".

Like I said, Ukrainians were stuffed whatever happened here, but at least there was an option where a whole bunch of Russian and Ukrainian men didn't kill each other, on the table.

As per usual, war has shown itself not to be the answer to anything.

It seems to be a reversed operation Barbarossa. Will Russia stop at conquering Ukraine? I don't think so. I think next will be the Baltic states and on to Poland. We're all watching hoping for the best for Ukraine but kinda already know the outcome.

The US sat around and waited for half of Europe to be destroyed before sending help to the ally's. I'm worried the same thing is going to happen with this.

I really hope I'm completely wrong and the fighting stops.

It seems to be a reversed operation Barbarossa. Will Russia stop at conquering Ukraine? I don't think so. I think next will be the Baltic states and on to Poland.
The Baltics and Poland are NATO and EU members. The main issue with the current state of the EU is that it is still too fragmented, everybody is essentially just bringing grist to its own mill. The EU needs a "federal" joint army or someone who is military strong enough to carry the others (that should be Germany, but Germany kept a military low-profile since the end of WW2 for obvious reasons).

The US sat around and waited for half of Europe to be destroyed before sending help to the ally's. I'm worried the same thing is going to happen with this.
The US always benefits from wars in Europe.

That said, it was the Red Army who won the IIWW, and it was the Soviet flag the first to wave on top of the Reichstag in Berlin.

In Europe we should not forget who saved us in the IIWW. The Russians saved Europe.

800px-Raising_a_flag_over_the_Reichstag_2.jpg

Europe was responsible for the deaths of at least 105 million people, as a result of WWI and WWII.

When there is talk about America as being bad, that's OK but they need to be reminded of this.

@just1morething, how are you brother?

Happy belated new year.
Hello buddy! I just came across your post yesterday. I hope your 2022 is going better.

Did you ever try hearing aids? I have 2 sets of them but I think my noise could be caused by my left TMJ. It's bone on bone. It's tough to find a doctor that thinks the noise is related to my TMJ. I'm having a Zoom session with another TMJ surgeon this week. He has all the imaging from my visit to Piper Clinic last year.

Hello buddy! I just came across your post yesterday. I hope your 2022 is going better.

Did you ever try hearing aids? I have 2 sets of them but I think my noise could be caused by my left TMJ. It's bone on bone. It's tough to find a doctor that thinks the noise is related to my TMJ. I'm having a Zoom session with another TMJ surgeon this week. He has all the imaging from my visit to Piper Clinic last year.
So happy to hear from you, it has been a long time. I couldn't sleep so I thought I'd write you back now.

I recall you telling me you were doing some renovations in the basement and your neck felt a bit better.

Maybe the doctor could recommend some gentle strengthening exercises. We generally need that for god health and muscle function. Sounds definitely like TMJ, which is a doozy. I hope the doctor can help. @Greg Sacramento is a wizard on this stuff but has his hands full with just trying to survive, with luck he may be able to weigh in and give some helpful advice. I do hope this surgeon can help you, I know the static and noise drives you crazy.

I've been digging holes and putting in a septic system. Everything here is done from scratch. Digging is quiet and I've always enjoyed playing in dirt. My brother-in-law helps me and although we speak different languages we communicate really well. I remain positive although I've been crying a lot watching things unfold in Ukraine. It hits close to home for family reasons and my ancestry. I also cry sometimes for the love I have for my family and for my friends suffering here.

Just hearing from you perked me right up and brightened my day. If you get a chance, go check out Diego Rivera's murals at the institute of art in Detroit. I haven't seen them in person, but am fond of his paintings. Enjoy the Spring my man and stay positive. Do you think you'll be able to ride your motorbike when the warm weather comes?

Any hoo, glad to hear from you and stay in touch,
Daniel

Biden had better reverse his rulings about America using our own oil, and heed the call for ending our dependence on Russian, and other, oil imports.

'Ban it': Bipartisan lawmakers call on Biden administration to end Russian oil imports

(CNN)Bipartisan pressure is mounting on the Biden administration to end all Russian oil imports and sanction Russia's energy sector as President Vladimir Putin continues to escalate the war in Ukraine.

While the administration moved quickly to put economic pressure on Russia -- cutting it off from global financial markets in a matter of days -- Putin's military assault shows no signs of stopping. Heavy bombing and missile strikes targeting civilian infrastructure have created an alarming humanitarian crisis.

In response, angry US lawmakers from across the political spectrum are publicly urging the administration to hit Putin where it hurts the most: imposing sanctions on Russia's massive energy sector. They also introduced several proposals in the last few days that would end Russian oil imports to the US during this crisis.

"If the current sanctions were enough, that 40-mile convoy of Russian tanks wouldn't be headed to Kyiv as it is now. Time is short. We need to act now with more resistance," Sen. Jim Risch of Idaho, the top Republican on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said Wednesday at a crowded GOP news conference calling for energy sanctions.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/03/politics/congress-russian-oil-imports-ban/index.html

Those who still wish to see Trump indicted and punished for something will be disappointed because he has never done anything that can be legally proven to have been a crime. As it stands right now, he may run again in 2024 and win.

Prosecutors resigned after New York DA said he wasn't prepared to move forward with indictment of Trump

Two top prosecutors leading the criminal investigation into former President Donald Trump and his business resigned after the Manhattan district attorney said he was not prepared to authorize an indictment against the former President, a person familiar with the investigation said.

Carey Dunne and Mark Pomerantz, two senior prosecutors on the team, resigned last month -- one day after Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg informed them that he wasn't prepared to move forward with criminal charges. The resignations followed weeks of internal debate and discussion over the strength of the evidence against Trump and whether it could pass the hurdle of proving a crime.

Read more:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/06/politics/trump-manhattan-district-attorney-investigation/index.html

From a geopolitical standpoint, I think NATO will be pleased either way with the outcome of Russia's invasion.

- It has shown them what the Russian military capabilities are.
- It has allowed them to destroy Russia's economy with sanctions.
- The war will damage Russia's reputation and cost them a lot of money.

I don't know what Russia gains out of this. Ukraine does have an abundance of natural resources. But they're blocked off from the global economy and the internet now. They going to be another Iron Curtain at this rate.

I bet China is having second thoughts on whether to invade Taiwan now.

From a geopolitical standpoint, I think NATO will be pleased either way with the outcome of Russia's invasion.

- It has shown them what the Russian military capabilities are.
- It has allowed them to destroy Russia's economy with sanctions.
- The war will damage Russia's reputation and cost them a lot of money.

I don't know what Russia gains out of this. Ukraine does have an abundance of natural resources. But they're blocked off from the global economy and the internet now. They going to be another Iron Curtain at this rate.

I bet China is having second thoughts on whether to invade Taiwan now.
I think Ukraine should surrender. Life would not be different than before, under a pro-Russian government. Letting the war go on is pure nonsense. The only country that benefits from this is the USA.

I think Ukraine should surrender. Life would not be different than before, under a pro-Russian government. Letting the war go on is pure nonsense. The only country that benefits from this is the USA.
I'm guessing you never lived in Russia :D

From my knowledge the Ukrainian government is the first not to be in Putin's back pocket...

Talks about EU membership in 2024 and they were already a civilised country where people's life's were being respected. Zelensky would be dead many years ago if he was a Russian politician :D

From my knowledge the Ukrainian government is the first not to be in Putin's back pocket...
That's true. What I am saying is that things de-railed for Ukraine after they got an "independent" government, instead of sticking with all the restrictions related to having a pro-Russian president.

They had a pro-Russian president and no war.

Now they have Zelensky and the whole country will be destroyed if the war keeps going. Ukraine will not be a member of the EU and it will not be a member of NATO, because any of those options would trigger World War III.

NATO leaders have already ruled out a direct intervention in Ukraine.

Letting Ukraine join the EU right now is like a declaration of war from the EU to Russia, so it would be nonsense even to give it any consideration.

This is all practical thinking... then we have our corrupt and incompetent politicians, so who knows! ;)

I think Russia should surrender. It would save lives and save the Russian people from the economic hardships of sanctions.

I think Russia should surrender. It would save lives and save the Russian people from the economic hardships of sanctions.
Russia cannot "surrender", they're the agressors. With China's help, Russia will likely prevail. The United States has nothing to lose if Ukraine is taken over but in the long term, this may lead to further Russian expansion through wars.

Russia cannot "surrender", they're the agressors. With China's help, Russia will likely prevail. The United States has nothing to lose if Ukraine is taken over but in the long term, this may lead to further Russian expansion through wars.
The US is benefiting from the Ukraine war. That's why the US met with Zelensky to talk about Ukraine's potential admission in NATO. This is what provoked the war. It was all encouraged by the US.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now